waizen

New Gun Control Poll on MSNBC

I hope I've added this thread within the correct forum. If not, please feel free to move.

If anyone is interested, there is a poll being conducted on the MSNBC website (the news cable outlet's online site). The poll asks his question:

"Do you think people should be allowed to carry guns in public?"

And the three possible answers are:

"Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it."

"No, it's too dangerous."

"Only for self defense."

As of this writing, the "Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it" answer is at 92%. You can only see the current answer if you take the poll, in which it then flips to the answers. If you are interested, the poll is located here:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public

"Only for Self Defense".

Is there any other reason to carry a gun in public?

The question is loaded.  Naturally, the one and only reason law abiding citizens carry is for SD.  If it were for any other reason, the persons motives would be called into question.   Answering that it is a 2A right gives them the opportunity to say that we want to carry for reasons other than SD.  This is MSNBC, you know they are going to spin this somehow.

Something fishy here. If 92% of Americans believed in gun carry rights how could, say, the NY SAFE Act pass?

First, as pointed out on my FL Gun forum, this poll is 1 year old (first comments are dated 07/2014).

That said, the current survey count is in the 331K range.  So, I'm thinking that (petty much) it's only been the pro-2A folks responding to it, probably because once MSNBC saw the initial response breakdown, they buried the poll so as to stay "on message." 

Second amendment puts it in writing so bastard dictators and power grabbers doesnt smooth talk their way through. Natural right to self defense is always there be it verbal (first), physical (4th), legal (5th) or security (2nd). 

No one needs a "poll" to ask "whats your reason to protect yourself or the land you declared your allegiance to".