boo

Open Holster Rally, Aug 1, Middletown, NJ

http://www.tpath.org/empty-holster-rally.html

Just thought I'd put it out there. I'd surprised this doesn't get organized more often.

Demonstrations like this have been brought up before. Then someone brings up how the gestapo nj police will round up all demonstrators and send them all off to concentration camps. People get scared away.

I'm sure this will prove that's not the case.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of this event? Is a politician near by? Media there? What are they trying to accomplish knowing how LEO's act or react in this state?

From the link:

The purpose is to bring attention to the utter foolishness and extremely dangerous "GUN FREE ZONES". Areas where hundreds of lives have been lost because honest citizens became targets of the criminals as they obeyed the law and were defenselessly slaughtered.

New Jersey, one of the most egregious perpetrators of illegal lawmaking, has long been conspiring to prevent its citizens from having the ability to protect themselves and their families

I cant make it but if i could. It would be worth going to educate a few minds into reality. Whether they agree or not. You can open carry long arms in nj as long as you have a firearms id card. Thats what we need to have a rally about. I need an ar holster. It would be legal.

Spent about an hour with these guys. Great group of people. Alot of positive feedback from drivers stopped at the light. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well done Glockamole. I couldn't do it. Wonder why they didn't try to spread the word a bit more and sooner? If it wasn't for boo, we wouldn't even have known about it.

I cant make it but if i could. It would be worth going to educate a few minds into reality. Whether they agree or not. You can open carry long arms in nj as long as you have a firearms id card. Thats what we need to have a rally about. I need an ar holster. It would be legal.

I think to help that go well, it might be good to do it in a town with a gun friendly PD and let them know in advance whats going on. Invite them to come hang out. Make em some burgers. Idea being... Make allies and put forth a really good image. Get News12 to stop by... Do some interviews...

Thing to avoid is confrontations with the police that end in people wrongly being arrested and guns being confiscated.

Yes empty holster. Their website is bayshoreteaparty.org the lady running the event was Barbara Gonzalez. Email [email protected]. most of the people their were from some of the nj Facebook groups and did not know of this forum. I filled them in on the forum while I was talking to them. Hopefully next time we see more notice from them and can show some support.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice :)

Pro tip: If you want it to be seen, wear a light colored shirt (such as grey) and shorts (such as tan) with a black holster. If you wear dark clothes, use a brown leather holster. People have all kinds of stuff on their belts nowadays and hardly anybody ever looks at anybody else. I can go a week with nobody noticing my gun or have 100 people notice it in a day simply based on the color of my clothing and my holster.

very small critique.. but I would not muddy up multiple issues...

if you have a pro gun rally.. and the goal is to get better gun laws.. focus on gun laws.. and try to be neutral on other issues.. 

if you have a pro gun rally.. and wear a shirt that says.. pro god.. pro life.. pro this.. pro that.. people will interweave those issues with your pro gun rally.. 

its far easier to get people to give you a chance if they are not immediately turned off by some preconceived notion about you.. imagine some fairly liberal person sees you handing out pro gun literature.. they are willing to hear you out.. then they see your giant anti abortion shirt (which may be a topic they are very passionate about).. they immediately start to mentally paint you as some ultra conservative crazy, that they can not relate to.. 

• Like 2

Fairly new member, scrolling back thru MULTIPLE threads and topics. I saw this, but the link to the original is gone. As it's almost a year later, was wondering if this was going to repeat, and if so, where I might find more info. 

I'm not even sure it's proper to drag up old posts, but figured it couldn't really do any harm.

Fairly new member, scrolling back thru MULTIPLE threads and topics. I saw this, but the link to the original is gone. As it's almost a year later, was wondering if this was going to repeat, and if so, where I might find more info.

I'm not even sure it's proper to drag up old posts, but figured it couldn't really do any harm.

Most of these guys are jus talkers. They bitch, very little actually " do anything " to correct the current situation. And when someone " actually does something " they bitch that it wasn't the way they wanted, or would have done it. If they actually did something
  • Like 2

"Most of these guys are jus talkers. They bitch, very little actually " do anything " to correct the current situation. And when someone " actually does something " they bitch that it wasn't the way they wanted, or would have done it. If they actually did something "

So, no point in  trying to find out more? Not looking to make waves, just trying to get the lay of the land here. I'm not  a gun "nut", nor am I big on political discourse, but I DO like to try to assert my rights, such as they are at this stage. I'd rather not lose what's still available to me, and WOULD like to get back some of what we in NJ are lacking.

Since for the time being I'm not in a position to relocate, I figure I might as well try to help improve our situation here. 

345Sire, there are multiple pro 2A groups that post on this forum including NJ2AS, Second Amendment Women, ANJRPC etc. There are a slew of others (hopefully someone will come along and add to this list), many of which have different ideas on how to tackle pro 2A issues in NJ.

Check them out and decide which might work best for you. If you haven't tuned into Gun for Hire Radio, they do a great podcast covering 2A issues in NJ and around the country.

In every community there are some 'interesting people'. Good luck. :)

From the link:

The purpose is to bring attention to the utter foolishness and extremely dangerous "GUN FREE ZONES". Areas where hundreds of lives have been lost because honest citizens became targets of the criminals as they obeyed the law and were defenselessly slaughtered.

New Jersey, one of the most egregious perpetrators of illegal lawmaking, has long been conspiring to prevent its citizens from having the ability to protect themselves and their families

the irony of the mission statement is that the entire state of new jersey is a "gun free zone". we need to march on trenton