Sign in to follow this  
fatty

Arsenal SAM7R-61N

Hands down my favorite rifle now.  The price was hard to swallow, but I think it was absolutely worth it.  I didn't have any intention to add anything besides an RS regulate side mount, so I was fine to accept that milled furniture is almost impossible to source.  The 6-port Arsenal muzzle brake looks nice too (perm attached by 2 pins at the factory) since it's the NJ compliant model).  Fit and finish is perfect...  The action is buttery smooth unlike any AK variant I've handled

20150928_181453-1_zpsbqozbl6b.jpg

Absolute huge difference moving up from my old 30+ year old WASR to the Arsenal (not that anything was wrong with the WASR)

wasr_zps4c56dd4b.jpg

Hands down my favorite rifle now. The price was hard to swallow, but I think it was absolutely worth it. I didn't have any intention to add anything besides an RS regulate side mount, so I was fine to accept that milled furniture is almost impossible to source. The 6-port Arsenal muzzle brake looks nice too (perm attached by 2 pins at the factory) since it's the NJ compliant model). Fit and finish is perfect... The action is buttery smooth unlike any AK variant I've handled

Posted Image

Absolute huge difference moving up from my old 30+ year old WASR to the Arsenal (not that anything was wrong with the WASR)

Posted Image

She's a beauty....glad she came in without a hitch !

Thanks

The VZ58 is pretty interesting - always thought it was an AK until I got a closer look at them (similar curved mags).  They have a bolt hold-open/release function which I think is nice

Too bad the mags aren't interchangeable with our aks

I ordered mine from K-Var (great company to deal with btw). The SAM7R-61N is the only rifle they're willing to ship to NJ

Online or local? Got an addy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the SAM7R-66 & just had the brake pinned & bayo lug removed

how do you like the Arsenal quad rail?  it's a good deal with the -66 model

have you mounted an optic on it? if you did, can you co-witness?

I like the rail alot .....it is very smooth, not like most cheese grater rails..... I run gloves when I get the barrel hot but dont have to worry about melting polymer or bulging wood handguards.....

No optics as of yet but maybe during the rainy weeking ill prob put a krebs rear peep sight on that I've had for a while.

nicee i was looking into the krebs peep sight too.  

as for the heat transfer, I fired about 100-150 rounds over a course of 20-30 minutes and the k-var handguards (w/ heat shield) didnt even get warm which I thought was amazing.  

as for the heat transfer, I fired about 100-150 rounds over a course of 20-30 minutes and the k-var handguards (w/ heat shield) didnt even get warm which I thought was amazing.

Good to hear ..... if it was to happen that would have done it

If you're thinking about the Krebs peep sight, you may want to look at the Circle 10 AK u-notch sight since it combines the benefits of the Two Krebs sight designs (the peep and the rounded fast acquisition sights).

The only downside that I've noticed while using it is that I lose a little bit of accuracy past 100 yards since it's a bit harder (at least for me) to line things up neatly.

It works best for me at 100 yards or less

http://circle10ak.com/ironsights.shtml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk