Sign in to follow this  
ogfarmer

24hrs after elections here it comes.

Well OG, we know where, what and why but we won't have anyone on our side to counter the bullshit that will be flying all over that room!!!

Even if we were there, we would be shut down and nobody would listen to common sense or logic anyway!

I am super bummed out about the election and short of the Feds or SCOTUS stepping in, we are really screwed in this state now!!!!

I guess they're feeling emboldened by the election results.  It's pretty sad, because Republicans and other 2A advocates did well around the nation yesterday, but here in NJ we lost more ground.  

We really need to make that Sweeney recall work.   

I guess they're feeling emboldened by the election results.  It's pretty sad, because Republicans and other 2A advocates did well around the nation yesterday, but here in NJ we lost more ground.  

We really need to make that Sweeney recall work.   

I heard we have 20K and have a month to get the other 14K needed for a 34K total needed. There has been no word from Alex, no push at all!!! I offered to print flyers free of charge to hand out and place at gun shops etc.

but he never took me up on it. I am disappointed that this effort died!!!  We really needed this one! Part of the reason for the recall Sweeney effort was to send a signal to all the democrats in the legislature that we were a force to be reckoned with.  However, after this last election, I doubt they would even care if we succeeded with the recall. The Dems would elect him to be the next Governor anyway! 

Alex is MIA, numerous people have been trying to get packets and stuff done but no ones responding. I guess his vegan cookie venture is more important.

It's a real shame!  He seemed so hell bent in the beginning! All of our efforts seems wasted now!

Yeah. Thats all great and all but where does that get us now. How about we forget about nj2as and just do it and get signatures. Hey anthony why dont step up and take charge and make it happen. You like the publicity so take charge because the other guy isnt. You seem to have alot to say !!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, the intent of this legislation is to actually remove the NJ statute that requires that all handguns sold be so-called 'smart guns' within 3 years of the technology becoming available since that NJ statute is actually inhibiting the development of smart guns nation wide.   However, the bill actually requires dealers to 'maintain at least one smart gun in inventory' whatever that means = guaranteed veto.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/11/law_would_force_nj_gun_dealers_to_sell_smart_guns.html

If I'm not mistaken, the intent of this legislation is to actually remove the NJ statute that requires that all handguns sold be so-called 'smart guns' within 3 years of the technology becoming available since that NJ statute is actually inhibiting the development of smart guns nation wide.   However, the bill actually requires dealers to 'maintain at least one smart gun in inventory' whatever that means = guaranteed veto.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/11/law_would_force_nj_gun_dealers_to_sell_smart_guns.html

You can't require someone to buy something, the next thing you know you will be fining them for not buying health insurance.

You can't require someone to buy something, the next thing you know you will be fining them for not buying health insurance.

Good point. Is there any other market where the government requires a store to sell a specific type of product? I can't think of any. It's like requiring fast food restaurants to sell quinoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here comes the attack from the anti 2A democrats, Weinberg, Sweeney etc.. is moving forward and holding press conference tomorrow to  what looks like to introduce their new bill

Instead of guns that can only be operated by their owners, they should work on legislatures accessible only to individuals with IQs above 70.

Ever hear of Obamacare?

Edit: I should make a habit of reading everything I post or comment on. 

It's a real shame!  He seemed so hell bent in the beginning! All of our efforts seems wasted now!

I've been quiet on this topic since someone posted a good deal of my personal information in this forum. That should have tipped you guys off but I understand if you think I'm an asshole and deserved that. IMO nobody deserves that but let's move on.

I was never unfriendly to the ultimate goals, or even the tangible near-term goals of this effort. As I understand them: Recall a vile political beast and have the remaining democrat legislators shopping Amazon Prime for adult diapers. All well and good. My primary objection, which as a congenital cynic I'm forced to declare, is that the path to ultimate victory was narrow, dangerous, and would require a lot of hard work. Was I right at least about the last issue? You guys were sent to the showers last summer. What do you think?

How about those goals? How were they to be achieved? I break it down like this:

1. collect enough signatures

2. hold the election

3. win the election even though Sweeney beat his last opponent by 6,000 votes

4. have the Senate democrats, who would retain control in the event of 1-3 being successful, vote for a president who's more sympathetic to our interests than Mr. Sweeney

5. not to be a total pussy, but there is the payback factor if any of 1-4 fail. Not a reason for not moving forward, but a consequence to be considered given where we live

You might have considered other factors, like the unlikely short odds assigned to this project, the potential points of failure, the trials and tribulations of the recall process itself, the demonstrable and easily refuted claims about how easy this would be, the inevitability of it all, etc. 

I sincerely hope you succeed, I really and truly do. Win, improve our lot, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong as I have many times in these forums. 

One more point in defense of a certain person. He's young, intelligent, and as I understand it has a business. He has a life, perhaps a family too. His parents may be having problems; he may be having problems. Who knows? 

My "get out the vote" efforts meager as they were ended on August 1, when my father went blind. Not that I expended a lot of energy on it, but after that there was no chance. Crap happens.

It's easy to get overwhelmed pushing a three-ton rock up a hill.

Apologies to Sisyphus. 

Does anyone really think the Dems would pass any less restrictive gun laws if we hadn't initiated a recall against their leader?

Of course not. They'll attempt to pass the same restrictive laws UNLESS we give them a reason to stop. If we lose we haven't "stirred the bees nest" any more or less than if the recall never began. BUT if we succeed we remove the queen bee and kill or greatly weaken the hive.

As Newtonian graciously noted, there are many reasons why the recall effort may not be the best organized. But it's there. It's still going on. You can choose to spend a few weekend days participating or sit back and do nothing.

If you do nothing you are well aware what awaits you. Further erosioin of your rights and freedoms. So if you are blessed with good health, get out there and fight back. Come December 1st it will be too late.