MidwestPX

Site is temporarily down

The datacenter that hosts MidwestPX.com experienced a catastrophic hardware failure (multiple RAID stripes and the RAID controller). The hosting company is pretty certain our data was not affected because we transitioned to a new webcluster for security reasons a few months ago and the stripes that failed were pretty old. Anyhow, the earliest it could be back up and running is 2-3 days. During this outage, we won't have email access either. On the bright side, the phone still works! 815.246.2715 if you need to contact us.

Quick update but it looks like the host has gotten everything transitioned. However, there was some data loss though it's unknown if PX was affected or not. Thankfully, the database servers were not affected so if there was any impact to the store, it would be limited to the software that drives the store, not the data such as order histories. This is something our contractors will be looking at as soon as possible. No ETA for when the online store will be running again but know that it will be back as soon as possible.

Yes, I am well aware of how bad this is. But honestly, I have bigger things to deal with right now with the passing of my dad. When it rains, it pours.

Really sorry to hear that Ty.... Condolences bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. He's a big part of why PX exists.

Then he left a fine legacy...which I'm sure goes much deeper than the store

Sorry for your loss.

I just updated the splash page but the news is not good. Today was the first day we had access to any of the data but a quick survey and some back and forth with the host's support personnel yielded, well, bad news.

Nov. 30, 2015

Due to the catastrophic hardware failures at our host's datacenter, the MidwestPX.com online store as it was has been determined to be unsalvageable.

While the database is intact and unaffected, we no longer have a store that can utilize it. It could be rebuilt however by the time it was done, we would have spent more time trying to recreate the old than it would take to deploy something newer and better.

While these events are both disappointing and frustrating for all parties involved (including you, our customer), this is not the end.

We will rebuild.

A new online store is being developed and will be deployed as soon as possible. Some of the work has already been done as we were considering an upgrade anyway so we thankfully are not starting from scratch.

If you would like to be notified of when the new store is available, please enter your email address below and we will contact you as soon as the new store is live. And of course, as with all personal information collected, we will never sell, trade, or otherwise monetize your information.

Thank you for your patronage and for visiting. As always, we are available via email at [email protected] or by phone at 815.246.2715

Ugh that's horrid.  I have a feeling your webhost is going to go out of business for this.  Losing a good number of client websites is ridiculous.

Yep. You can believe that we won't be hosting with them any longer.

But, through all the bad things that have happened with the site being down (and now gone) and my dad passing (cancer so we saw it coming and I spent the last month caring for him full time and working PX at night), I realize that I still have so much more than so many people. And I'm thankful for it. I have a warm house, a full table, and a loving family. It's sappy and cliche as all Hell but it's true. Adversity like this made me reflect on my life and what I have rather than focus on what I've lost. I'm down but not out. :)