tony357

1st time for Me. Telling A Friend Not To Buy.

An older friend of mine has been bugging me about AR15 purchase and i have spoken to tony TJ"S about it while back.

Well he was by my house this week to check on Tony and how he was doing.

Showed him my AR15 and he could not operate the bolt red flag for me so i took out my Kimber 9mm 1911 and he could not rack it..

Told him not to spend his money on the AR and use towards something else..

That was a great displeasure to have that convo with him. :sorry: 

An older friend of mine has been bugging me about AR15 purchase and i have spoken to tony TJ"S about it while back.

Showed him my AR15 and he could not operate the bolt red flag for me so i took out my Kimber 9mm 1911 and he could not rack it..

My last remaining uncle is 90+.  I think he still has a pistol / rifle or two. I'll be cleaning them when I visit them on Christmas. But I know his wife (mid 8o's) is worried about his weapons, and whether or not he could actually fire it and use it, due to his failing health. I think it's a conversation they'll have to have, eventually.  This came up recently as my aunt/uncle got a distrubing knock at the door, which they shouldn't have answered but did. Thankfully, the dog barking scared the perp away, but my uncle starting talking about "get my gun out."  

I dunno....  :dontknow:

Maybe look at a revolver... or side charger AR...

It hard when people get older and have physical conditions. My grandfather is the same way due to hand strength. He ended up purchasing a revolver and has a ruger 10/22 rifle which is easy for him to use. You might even want to look at a bolt action rifle to see if that would work easier for him.

I'm friends with a guy who's dad is getting Alzheimers. Dad heard an intruder taking a shower and confronted the intruder with his shotgun. Turned out it was his other son. Dad had forgotten that he had stopped by to shower and change on his way to a meeting. Fortunately, nobody got hurt. He recognized the son, just forgot he had stopped by a few minutes earlier.

So, my friend removed the guns from the house. Now the only thing he and his dad talk about is why he "stole" his dad's guns. The father remembers that clearly and it's changed the relationship.

Isn't it comforting that non of us will need to have that conversation now. Their Dr. will just tell the FBI that they shouldn't have a firearm anymore.

Just something else we don't have to worry about thanks to Obama.

sorry....he just pisses me off!