Sign in to follow this  
HBecwithFn7

CT Gov. to sign EO banning people on Terror Watch/No Fly List from getting gun permits

CT Gov. to sign EO prohibiting gun permits to those on the terror watch/No Fly Lists...

Cue the Lawyers!  Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Especially since, I believe, those lists are "names only" and not "individual identities" (i.e. name + soc. sec. + address + phone, etc.)... 

:popcorn:

So they're being prosecuted with no due process?  Why not take them in and question them, supposedly we have this awesome way of vetting for terrorists just ask Obama, and either charge them, toss them out, or let them move on with their lives?

Bad enough that we have this in NJ, but at least it went through the legislative process. It would seem that if CT adopts this via EO, they are precluding due process twice.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So they're being prosecuted with no due process? Why not take them in and question them, supposedly we have this awesome way of vetting for terrorists just ask Obama, and either charge them, toss them out, or let them move on with their lives?

100%

Invisible zones, lists, etc; do nothing to keep us safe

So they're being prosecuted with no due process?  Why not take them in and question them, supposedly we have this awesome way of vetting for terrorists just ask Obama, and either charge them, toss them out, or let them move on with their lives?

The Democrats’ lie matters for four reasons. First, the terrorist watch list is much larger than the no-fly list. It varies over time, but there are approximately 1,000,000 people listed in the former, and somewhere around 47,000 people on the no-fly list. Feinstein defends using the criteria that creates a larger list by saying only a fraction of the million-or-so people on the terrorist watch list are U.S. citizens, but whether that’s a large or small fraction is classified.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/12/09/democrats-are-lying-about-their-gun-sales-ban/

Of course its a good idea. Why wasn't it thought of long ago? Make the terrorist a prohibited person, he now can't get a gun, his career as a terrorist comes to a screeching halt and we're all safe. Its fricken brilliant!  Thank god for liberal thinking  :wizard:

Just hope you are never mistakenly put on that list. About half of the people on it should not be, according to the list keepers themselves. And you can't get off it either.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

The bigger problem is that it's just a list of names. If one John smith is on it, ALL John smiths are on it. It's not even full names sometimes. So j. Smith? Then even more people get screwed.

The ACLU won round one of the watch list litigation already and are going back for round two as the government seemed to fail to grasp what the court said.

Of course the aclu thinks it is fine to use for gun control, and Feinstein's bill creates a whole new secret list so that we'd have to go to court again starting from zero.

The bigger problem is that it's just a list of names. If one John smith is on it, ALL John smiths are on it. It's not even full names sometimes.

I thought so as well. Then someone on another forum but, apparently, with knowledge of the system, explained that each entry does have P.I.I. attached to the name (Address, phone, social security, plus a host of other things)... Where people run into problems is with the airlines... The system they use that verifies Identity only submits the name and nothing else. Therefore, any identical names will come back positive.  After all, the airlines don't take your social security number or birth date when you buy a ticket, right?

Not that I'm in favor of this (using the terror watch list for NICS) at all.  I'm not, since there is no way for people to know they're on it until they get dinged by it, nor is there anyway of getting off of it without a long drawn out court battle, if even that would help.

" since there is no way for people to know they're on it until they get dinged by it, "     I personally believe that this is the biggest  problem,   If you could check yourself PRIOR to signing anything or purchasing anything for any red flags you could be proactive and get your record cleaned.

" since there is no way for people to know they're on it until they get dinged by it, " I personally believe that this is the biggest problem, If you could check yourself PRIOR to signing anything or purchasing anything for any red flags you could be proactive and get your record cleaned.

Why should you have to check and get your record clean. If you aren't a convicted felon it shouldn't matter if you are on the list. If you are on that list, and so dangerouse we don't want you to own a gun, why are you not in jail

According to this the FBI is already alerted when someone on the list tries to buy a gun.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/fbi-director-fbi-alerted-when-someone-no-fly-list-tries-buy-gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should you have to check and get your record clean. If you aren't a convicted felon it shouldn't matter if you are on the list. If you are on that list, and so dangerouse we don't want you to own a gun, why are you not in jail

This

Bad enough that we have this in NJ, but at least it went through the legislative process. It would seem that if CT adopts this via EO, they are precluding due process twice.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

How do we have this in NJ? I've never seen anything about those on no fly list not being able to purchase a gun. As a matter of fact I have a friend who is on a no fly list because his name matches that of an IRA member. He can not purchase tickets online, check in with airport valets or kiosk, he has to prove he is not the IRA member to fly, his luggage goes through extra screening, and his luggage can not be on the flight unless he is (an advantage he never misses his flight at a layover since they have to unload his luggage if he isn't on the flight) yet he was able to obtain FID, PTP, and purchase a handgun and rifle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

^^^ shh...dont tell anyone. Anti 2A groups have trouble understanding simple concepts as is. :-)

No Fly List is different from Terrorist Watch List.  But CT Gov may not have enough brain cells left to differentiate and may sign an EO lumping all together and let courts figure it out. 

Other than that, Pizza Bob may be referring to 2C:58-3©-9

(9)     To any person named on the consolidated Terrorist Watchlist maintained by Terrorist Screening Center administered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

I hope we move right to confiscation. No need to waste anymore time. Let's get it over with already.

Jeff Klein a Democrat in NY just proposed confiscation for anyone on the watch lists.  He wants to amend the safe act to gut the 4th amendment apparently.