Sign in to follow this  
fatty

686 Grip Question

Finally picked up my 686 4" and it's a dream to shoot!  I should've bought this a long long time ago...  SA trigger pull feels buttery smooth and this thing handles 357magnum loads like it's nothing.  The huge fireballs are a big plus.  Shooting high from the factory about 4-5" between 7-15 yards but it's dead on accurate

One thing that I've noticed though, is that when ejecting the spent casings, there's ALWAYS one casing that gets stuck between the ejector star and the synthetic grips.  If there was maybe 1/8" more clearance on the grip it would be flawless....

Is there a specific grip that will or technique that will allow that last casing to drop free?

If you hold the gun with the muzzle up and tilted to the side to which the cylinder opens, there is less likely hood that you will have a case hang-up on the grip. When I reload on the clock (with a speed loader) I almost never have a hang-up occur. But at the end of a COF when I am unloading to show the SO an empty cylinder, the round closest to the frame of the gun hangs-up considerably more often. I concluded that the SO is looking over my right shoulder, or around the right side of my body (I'm right-handed) and thus I tend to tip the gun in that direction, resulting in more frequent hang-ups.

So when can we expect you at an IDPA match - revolvers are getting more popular.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

you can certainly sand them down to a nice factory looking finish, I really dont go to crazy on refinishing too nice on my own guns, cause well - I really dont care to much on how it looks. My guns are tools, not show pieces.

you can see how much a relived on this grip, and you can still see where the moonclip hits the grip on the way out.

10655415_486398334893798_108529885919422