Sign in to follow this  
TRPC_SHOOTER

Beretta 1301 Tactical Capacity and Mag Extension?

Hi,

I've read Vlad's section on NJ compliant firearms, but I'm not sure about the Beretta 1301 Tactical and if one can add a Nordic +2 extension. The manual states the shotgun is a 4+1 and adding the Nordic would make it a 6+1. Wouldn't that comply with the max 6 rounds of fixed magazine capacity for a semi-auto shotgun in NJ? Thanks in advance.

-TRPC

Hi,

I've read Vlad's section on NJ compliant firearms, but I'm not sure about the Beretta 1301 Tactical and if one can add a Nordic +2 extension. The manual states the shotgun is a 4+1 and adding the Nordic would make it a 6+1. Wouldn't that comply with the max 6 rounds of fixed magazine capacity for a semi-auto shotgun in NJ? Thanks in advance.

-TRPC

It would comply.  My Mossberg 930 JM Pro has a nordic +2 and holds 6+1.

Check the size of the tube.  I have a 1301 Competition and it takes 5, so I only needed a plus one extension.  The competition receiver is a half inch larger than the tactical.  Don't know if that makes a difference.   You would not want to buy a Beretta barrel if you could find one, very expensive.

Update:  5 2-3/4 shells, also tactical stock is shorter than Competition.

My 1301 Competition is for three gun nothing else, even though my boys keep trying to use it for trap and sporting clays.  Seems they love a 'greater' challenge.

For the HD/tactical side I prefer a Benelli SuperNova Tactical with Comfort Tech stock, Nordic Extension, and Mesa Tactical 6 shot rail. I like to be able to change loads on the fly, this does that.

If your looking for a 3 gun shotgun that covers all the bases at a good price consider the M3K from Stoeger.  All the rage on the range for the budget minded,