AR15 Rifle Carbine NRA Training

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GAPP

GAPP
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Home Range:Fort Dix and SFGPA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

GAPP will be offering an AR beginners course on April 17, 2016 at Fort Dix Range 14. This course is the NRA First steps rifle course (specifically for the AR rifle platform). It is designed to introduce the new AR-15 owner to their rifle properly and safely. The classroom portion covers the history of the platform, disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, and aftermarket accessories... as well as the laws regarding rifles of this type. Several models are available to look at and will be used for demonstration in the classroom... and one can be provided for use on the range if you don't own an AR yet and just want to learn how to shoot one. After lunch, we head out to the range and zero your rifle... and see if you can hit a steel plate at 200 yards. The course length is approximately 6 hours and the cost is $180. If you're a new AR owner or if you've had one sitting in your safe for a while, come out and learn more about it. For registration info, go to http://gappnj.com/rifle/ar_beginners. The class size is limited so register soon.

Cameron Green
NRA Certified Instructor and CRSO
NRA Training Counselor
Certified UT CFP Instructor
Owner/operator G.A.P.P.
www.gappnj.com

#2 Krdshrk

Krdshrk

Really needs to clean his guns...

• Moderators
  • 15,731 posts
  • LocationLinden
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

I have taken this course with Cameron.  Great first course for introductions to ARs.  I was ringing steel at 200 at the end of the class.

-Nick
NJ ZED Sergeant - Central Squad
USPSA #TY-70447 - Class D - NROI Certified RO
IDPA #A43721 - SSP Marksman

NRA Life Member #180509681

This is gay.

I'm totally in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AR15, Rifle, Carbine, NRA, Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users