Sign in to follow this  
siderman

Henry BB bolt removal

I want to bore sight my 357 Big Boy so the bolt needs to come out. I know the lever comes off and you pull the bolt out but then the ejector comes out/loose. Is it a pia to put the ejector back in with just the bolt removed or no? The vids I've seen all are a complete take down and show the part being put back with lots of room because the receiver is empty and very visable.. Any tips would be appreciated.

It's as easy as it sounds. Just like a Marlin. 

Put the ejector back in its slot/groove then slide the bolt in and you're set to install the lever and screw. 

thanx, good to hear

Sighting down the bore is the way my dad taught me 50 years ago.

If you want, I think you're close by, we can laser bore sight it. 

appreciate the offer but no laser for me. Done a few the dad way already with a 50yd sight-in in my back yard. Gets me on paper or close enough at the range. But if I need backup I'll let you know.

thanx, good to hear

appreciate the offer but no laser for me. Done a few the dad way already with a 50yd sight-in in my back yard. Gets me on paper or close enough at the range. But if I need backup I'll let you know.

Ya know...  I think a 50yd sight in down the bore is more accurate than a 20' laser bore sight.

Finally got around to mounting the scope and my back yard open bore sight. Dang, I'm good. Went to the 50yrd range few weeks ago and was just a few inches off, quick adjustment and in the red :). I'd say its a pretty accurate rifle.Third time my backyard skills got me on paper but this was the best. Used 38 158gr but when I switched to 357 not even close(I suppose if I started with 357 I wouldnt be posting this lol).....guess the trajectory, dif brand ammo are to blame but will resolve that next trip, was 5 hg's and3 rifles in by that point and my eyes were hurtin. I took a pic this time but no clue how to post. :(

post-2322-0-16969800-1465995111_thumb.jpeg holy crap i did it!