siderman

Genny conversion kit sale thru Sun.

For all you slackers-

At some point in the past you purchased from us...THANK YOU!!  We wanted to let you know that we are offering our revolutionary Motor Snorkel product for nearly 50% off starting now through Sunday.  Motor Snorkel usually sells for $187.00, but  if you use code HALFOFF, then you can buy Motor Snorkel for $97.47.  This offer is only good this weekend!!!

Take advantage of this sale while supplies last and before Sunday night!!!   It's simple: Follow the link below, add the details of your generator on the product page and then add the Motor Snorkel to your cart and apply the code HALFOFF to get the discount.

Click Here To Buy A Nearly Half Priced Motor Snorkel

WAIT!!! One more thing to let you in on.....

We are also offering FREE shipping on any order over $160.00.  You will need a Propane Connecting Hose or a Quick Disconnect, or possibly even an Engine Meter/Tachometer.  Add enough of these helpful accessories to make your order more than $160 it ships FREE!!!

We are here to support you during the sale.  Simply hit reply and our customer service team will promptly handle any questions that you have.  You may also try the chat option on our website (look in the bottom right corner of the Buy Motor Snorkelpage.

DON'T WORRY about ordering the "correct snorkel" for your generator unit.  Simply give us the details of your generator when you add the product to your shopping cart, and our team of expert conversion technicians will ensure that we send you the correct kit for your generator.  If we have a question, we will give you a call before we ship out your order!!!  If for some reason you receive the wrong kit, then it's no problem, we will pay the shipping for you to return the incorrect kit and we will also ship you the correct kit for your generator (after verifying your generator details with you of course!!).

ONE LAST THING...About one order in 100 is for a kit which fits an engine with a double barrel carburetor.  These kits normally sell for $277.00 and $227 instead of $187.  In this instance, you will receive the same amount of a discount ($89.43) as the other kits, but the price will be $187.57 and $137.57, respectively. Again this only occurs in a small percentage of orders.

Again the link to buy the nearly half priced Motor Snorkel is here.  Use code HALFOFF.

Thank you for your time and thank you for being a valued customer of US Carburetion!  Please reply to this message with any questions.

Sincerely,

US Carburetion

US Carburetion, 416 Main Street, Summersville, WV 26651, USA 
  • Like 1

I have their 1st kit on my B&S gen.. but for natural gas. This one is supposed to be better,easier to install.  Ran mine for 10 days after Sandy. I asked my wife (who pays all the bills) to let me know how much more the gas bill was. She says it was only a few bucks more then normal.  I haven't been on their site for awhile but I think they made mention a propane tank is about the same as 5 gals of gasoline.

If you can't get a NG gas line to your house, I'd go get a 100lb propane cyl. and get it filled up. It will never go bad like gasoline would. 

Oh and another plus...no smell. Like gasoline.

I want to pull the trigger on this because I have a NG line setup for my grill which would be perfect for a portable genny...My question for those who may know..what size genny could I run on a NG line that's currently running a 3 burner grill?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So a tank is only 3.7 gallons of gasoline on an equivalent basis. Not worth it for that. Generator and connection is too far from a natural gas tap and I would have to run about 70 feet of gas line, also not worth it. Oh well.

I want to pull the trigger on this because I have a NG line setup for my grill which would be perfect for a portable genny...My question for those who may know..what size genny could I run on a NG line that's currently running a 3 burner grill?

I have a 5500 running watts 12hp B&S connected to a 1/2inch NG line with 3/8inich Quick Disconnect for our grill.  I think most folks will tell you go with 3/4inch but my setup works nicely on the 1/2inch black iron reduced to 3/8 at the quick disconnect with a 12’ hose going into the NG regulator. The regulator will only allow so much gas in at time anyway. You just need to make sure you have the volume and your other appliances like your stove, hot water heater and furnace aren’t sucking off too much NG so its YMMV.

I ran ours during Sandy as well and no issues. I have the original kit, not the promo above but the SNORKEL adapter in the new kit is better IMO because of the smaller profile. The original adapter was huge and some folks had to do some serious mods like cutting the frame to adapt it. I didn’t have to do that, my conversion was easy.

I'm still looking for some one to do the conversion. I know, I know, it's easy, look on you tube, it took me 20 mins yadda, yadda. I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself and would rather have some one who has done it before do mine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Monmouth County.

You can prompt your way around their site, there are charts for sizing etc.

I'm still looking for some one to do the conversion. I know, I know, it's easy, look on you tube, it took me 20 mins yadda, yadda. I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself and would rather have some one who has done it before do mine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Monmouth County.

all I'm gonna say is if you can take your guns apart for cleaning and put them back together your skills qualify you to do this. just a few screws, clamps, its not like your tearing apart a carb, just installing pre-fit pcs.

Find a lawn mower shop to install the kit and a plumber to do the gas line. Or maybe check Craigs list for a handyman that would do both for ya. It did take me longer to add a tee a shut off valve and a quick disconnect then to install the kit. If you ever changed the air filter you can do this kit. 

So a tank is only 3.7 gallons of gasoline on an equivalent basis. Not worth it for that. Generator and connection is too far from a natural gas tap and I would have to run about 70 feet of gas line, also not worth it. Oh well.

For me, the advantage is only to have a backup if gasoline isn't available for a while.  We lost power down here for a week a couple of summers ago.  Since that storm, I keep several 5 gallon containers of gas in storage and could now run my generator for about a week if needed.  But, I might need that gas for a vehicle too. During that storm, gas was hard to find for a couple of days.  Far from a disaster but it made me realize how little gas supply we really have on hand at the gas stations if more can't be brought in.   I've got a couple of huge propane re-filling stations near me that won't be as in demand as the gas stations.

You can get a 100lb tank at Home depot for about $170. Even cheaper on Crags list used.  Pick up a cheap hand cart with it.  Fill 'er up and stash it behind the garage or someplace out of the way. I'd put it on a few patio blocks to get it off the ground. Wont go bad and will be there when you need it. Remember, if you don't have power...neither will they. 

For someone that has installed this.

Does the propane cylinder need an additional outflow regulator on the tank prior to the conversion unit regulator?

I wouldn't think so ...........  anyone have an idea?

thanks

Nick

Good question, I’m on NG so I can’t say for sure. Below are two youtube vids for single tank propane setup, one with reg and one without.

without Reg

With Reg

I would call or shoot US Carb and email during their normal business hours and I'm sure they will provide a detailed answer for your configuration

I have a 5500 running watts 12hp B&S connected to a 1/2inch NG line with 3/8inich Quick Disconnect for our grill. I think most folks will tell you go with 3/4inch but my setup works nicely on the 1/2inch black iron reduced to 3/8 at the quick disconnect with a 12’ hose going into the NG regulator. The regulator will only allow so much gas in at time anyway. You just need to make sure you have the volume and your other appliances like your stove, hot water heater and furnace aren’t sucking off too much NG so its YMMV.

I ran ours during Sandy as well and no issues. I have the original kit, not the promo above but the SNORKEL adapter in the new kit is better IMO because of the smaller profile. The original adapter was huge and some folks had to do some serious mods like cutting the frame to adapt it. I didn’t have to do that, my conversion was easy.

Thx FX...I have pretty much the same setup

Is there one standard size natural gas line that I should have a plumber install outside the house, or do I need to figure out the BTU of my generator to get the proper amount of gas to the generator ? This is for a 7500/9000 watt generator.

I’m no expert, just a DIY guy. It really depends on how many other NG appliances you currently have in service and the length of the run you would need to add to provide NG for your gen to calculate BTU usage. US Carb previously had some formulas on their website but it looks that link is down, perhaps give them a call for pipe sizing.  Also keep in mind that If you’re on the fringe or come up short you would also need to have your NG meter upgraded as well for more volume. Chances are you don't need to do that if you could tap off and existing line and only need to run a few feet w/o a lot of fittings and turns (90 degree bends) but something else to look into. If you are exploring the US Carb kits the engine horsepower determines the kit you purchase and not so much the Gen wattage. Take a look at their website for kit requirements.

Haha, good stuff guys just ordered mine. Tree snapped right in half this morning jolting me out of bed. Didn't need to use the Genny, but I did have 20 gals gas in hand. Bent the power mast and had the power line on the ground. A truck driving by ripped out the FiOS line(it's only 3/4 the way up the pole). Pretty shitty day, but an expensive electrician and 4 hours later were OK. Still no FiOS.

And an interesting email from them today-

As you know, we have contacted you several times this weekend about the sale on Motor Snorkel Conversion kits.  This is the final time that we will contact you about this promotion.  If you were able to place your order, then THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Dozens of you have asked about Motor Snorkel for your:

Log Splitters
Snow Blowers
Pressure Washers
Lawn Mowers

The answer is YES, Motor Snorkel will work for Log Splitters, Snow Blowers, Pressure Washers and Lawn Mowers.  Just reply to us with the Engine type and model and we can find the correct Motor Snorkel for your equipment!  

If you haven't had a chance to find the information for your equipment, then we will "reserve" the special pricing for you if you simply reply to this email and let us know that you want the special pricing. Please reply with your name and phone number and one of our customer service reps will give you a call to process your order once things slow down (later this week).

If you want to place an order through our website, here is the link to buy Motor Snorkel at nearly 50% off.  Coupon code HALFOFF is good until midnight tonight.  

Thank you for your interest in US Carburetion and Motor Snorkel.

Sincerely,

US Carburetion

US Carburetion, 416 Main Street, Summersville, WV 26651, USA 

Is there one standard size natural gas line that I should have a plumber install outside the house, or do I need to figure out the BTU of my generator to get the proper amount of gas to the generator ? This is for a 7500/9000 watt generator.

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/installation-pipe-sizing?___SID=U