Howard

It's legal to pickup friends and go to the bathroom

So what if we, NJGF as a group, do our part to excerise our 1st amendment rights in the face of some of these Mom Demand types. One of them threaten us as a group and we all would be CCW eligible. They would be so mad, they would keep coming at us with empty threats, we would be able to renew our CCW forever!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nice try....but a non leo nj resident will see jesus before a nj issued ccw license

nice try....but a non leo nj resident will see jesus before a nj issued ccw license

I agree, just trying to brain storm some ideas that don't require me to actually put myself or my family in danger, just so I can excerise my right to keep and bear arms outside of my home. I know this is just piling on, but even update, NJs Justifiable Need requirements are still the same as saying we don't need a standing military until another country threatens to attack the US.

It`s why you never admit you have guns in your car. drive sensibly, wear normal clothes never allow a search period.

THIS!!! If I'm hungry, I eat, if I Gota poop, I poop. No one will ever know what I have or don't have in my vehicle.
  • Like 3

+100000000000000 ......and ill add don't have vehicle windows covered in stickers like an elementary school kids folder...why do some gun owners insist on trying to seek attention , more often its the unwanted kind 

i agree with you, but it's sad we have to hide our passions for fear of retribution. i have mountain bike related stickers on my car...if somehow they became taboo i'd be really sad (and pissed). it's not about seeking attention. it's about proudly displaying your membership in a community. you know, like flying a flag...

How about if we send each other anonymous threatening letters.

ETA: By "we", I mean "you guys".

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

You'll just be jealous of our CCW until we are found out and locked up!

I have to agree that these "changes" are all bark and no bite. It mentions about PD's having to abide by the 30 day law. Pd's don't do it now. You complain; nothing happens. You get a lawyer; they laugh about it. Only the lawyers make money. There is no incentive or punishment if local PD's do not abide by the law. Same for the SP doing the background checks. Who are you going to complain to about them? The AG's office? Pfft. Good luck with that. 

I also agree that if you have to go to the bathroom; you go. Need gas? Go get it. Roll the dice and take your chances. I cannot live my life thinking or worrying about being pulled over everyday. Drive normal;don't get pulled over. 

• Like 1

The one gem in the AG's directive on reasonable deviations is on the last page.

Last paragraph.

It says basically that if you have your guns in cases and/or in the trunk of the car, and the policeman thinks that the deviation may not be reasonable, the policeman should not arrest you or file a complaint without prosecutorial approval.

This is a big change.  The police are directed by the AG to not arrest unless they first get clearance to arrest from the prosecutor.  Not on their own intiative, not because their chief wants them to arrest anyone with a gun, they have to call the prosecutor's office and explain why they think it isn't reasonable and ask for an OK.

This is a relatively big hurdle because the policeman on the spot can't make an arrest decision on their own initiative.  So unless it is really questionable, they are more likely to let you go on your way.  They are instructed that they can't arrest you now and drag you into the police station and figure out what to do with you.

I'm keeping a copy of this AG directive with me whenever I am on the road going to the range.  If a policeman who pulls you over doesn't know about it, you can give them a copy and show them.

It's not fantastic but we have to appreciate the little pluses we get every once and a while.

I have to agree that these "changes" are all bark and no bite. It mentions about PD's having to abide by the 30 day law. Pd's don't do it now. You complain; nothing happens. You get a lawyer; they laugh about it. Only the lawyers make money. There is no incentive or punishment if local PD's do not abide by the law. Same for the SP doing the background checks. Who are you going to complain to about them? The AG's office? Pfft. Good luck with that. 

Maybe now they will be put on double secret probation.

• Like 1

They enumerate some example of deviations, which in a way is good. Including stopping somewhere for one of those purposes and exiting the vehicle, leaving the firearms in the vehicle.  So.. ok.

He also goes on about it being necessary to limit the time a firearm is in transport.  So much effort by them to solve nearly non-existent problems.  This -is- a Nanny State.

But there's Section B. Relevant Inquiries.    This seems to direct LEO's to arrest anyone who refuses to answer questions about the departure point and destination when a properly stored firearm is known to be in the vehicle.  That part seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Also, there's no mention here of "possession" as granted by the issuance of a NJ FID as it's relevant to long guns.  According to the law (and Evan Nappen) I can drive around with my 12 ga. (action open and unloaded) all day long once issued that FID.   I find it odd that after doing a "study" that included transport, that this is not mentioned at all.  Is the AGs office trying to take that away?

On the issuance of FIDs and reporting statistics about time to issue/deny... that could be helpful in getting Anti towns like Boonton off their asses.

On the issuance of CC permits, it's helpful that they added some specifics.  And maybe more helpful that it could open up a suit based on equal protection.  Doubtful.. but maybe.

Glad something was done.  A lot more is needed than this.  Hopefully that won't require one of us being stabbed to death in our effing driveway next time.

I'm just not feeling like this was appreciable progress.

I believe they ARE trying to take it away too.  Remember...the old FID said "PURCHASE AND CARRY".  They have since removed the "Carry".  I want it back on there.

I believe they ARE trying to take it away too.  Remember...the old FID said "PURCHASE AND CARRY".  They have since removed the "Carry".  I want it back on there.

Mine is so old, it still says carry. Just because the FPID card's wording was changed does not mean our rights have. The long gun carry exemption

for FPID holders still exists.

So what happens in 2017 when we likely get a non-Republican governor?  I know some many would say we don't currently have a Republican governor, but do you think a D would have vetoed anything that came out of the legislature post-Sandy Hook?  And what kind of commissions/study do you think a D governor will order to study NJ gun laws?  CC has pretty much maintained the status quo, maybe improved things slightly, but I fear the next administration. 

So what happens in 2017 when we likely get a non-Republican governor?  I know some many would say we don't currently have a Republican governor, but do you think a D would have vetoed anything that came out of the legislature post-Sandy Hook?  And what kind of commissions/study do you think a D governor will order to study NJ gun laws?  CC has pretty much maintained the status quo, maybe improved things slightly, but I fear the next administration. 

If a Sweeney type gets in......All bets are off!

So what happens in 2017 when we likely get a non-Republican governor? I know some many would say we don't currently have a Republican governor, but do you think a D would have vetoed anything that came out of the legislature post-Sandy Hook? And what kind of commissions/study do you think a D governor will order to study NJ gun laws? CC has pretty much maintained the status quo, maybe improved things slightly, but I fear the next administration.

NJGF group boating accident?
  • Like 1

So sad too because when Sweeney was only interested in being a senator from rural south jersey, he was pro gun.  Proves that he's dishonest and will pretend to be whatever gets him elected.

• Like 2

I also agree that if you have to go to the bathroom; you go. Need gas? Go get it. Roll the dice and take your chances. I cannot live my life thinking or worrying about being pulled over everyday. Drive normal;don't get pulled over.

Do what we do in Pennsylvania. Sue the f***ing shit out of the cops and their department (both) in federal court under civil rights lawsuits. This is the reason all cops in PA are trained annually that they can't detain or request ID for people carrying a firearm (nobody is required to carry ID anyway, side note). It was actually part of a settlement. And I am friends with the guy that did that, and know others that won lawsuits as well. Pretty much put an end to that nonsense in PA, and I am grateful for their efforts.

That is what you need to do.

• Like 2

Do what we do in Pennsylvania. Sue the f***ing shit out of the cops and their department (both) in federal court under civil rights lawsuits. This is the reason all cops in PA are trained annually that they can't detain or request ID for people carrying a firearm (nobody is required to carry ID anyway, side note). It was actually part of a settlement. And I am friends with the guy that did that, and know others that won lawsuits as well. Pretty much put an end to that nonsense in PA, and I am grateful for their efforts.

That is what you need to do.

Oh but its not the police's fault!  Blame the legislators!  Nobody is gonna do that here because a lot of the pro-2A people and Republicans in general are LEO dick suckers.  People can't see that the law enforcement community is responsible for a lot of problems that we have...obviously because they are the first line sending us to the courts over bullshit and creating hiccups and problems associated with the permit process.  Watch how much shit I get for posting this.  BUT BUT BUT the thin blue line! BUT their jobs are so hard! BUT they are just following orders.  Give me a break, wake the fuck up people.

Has anyone seen a poll of Sweeney vs a Generic Republican?

Sweeney is not all that well known in the state. He's not Cory Booker. I'm not so sure Sweeney is all that strong a candidate. And his arrogant prick demeanor won't serve him well in a gubernatorial election.

And those other &$#%¥ bag D's that want to run are totally unknown outside their districts.

So I'm not conceding 2017.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/steve_who_most_nj_voters_have_never_heard_of_poten.html

• Like 1

Sweeney is not all that well known in the state. He's not Cory Booker. I'm not so sure Sweeney is all that strong a candidate. And his arrogant prick demeanor won't serve him well in a gubernatorial election.

And those other &$#%¥ bag D's that want to run are totally unknown outside their districts.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/steve_who_most_nj_voters_have_never_heard_of_poten.html

Love the article. They've never heard of them but will hit the (D) button on the ballot every single time just because of party affiliation.  That's what truly pisses me the fuck off....all of these Democrats who are so passionate about elections, and rally against Trump and hold signs at gatherings....They don't even know the fundamental issues their candidate supports! Seriously, have a legitimate conversation with a passionate liberal, ask him: what his candidate's stance is on immigration, abortion, foreign wars, taxes, veterans benefits, etc.  You will be left with a speechless liberal pussy who doesn't know even the most FUNDAMENTAL issues that his candidate supports/opposes.  They vote in the direction their friends and or relatives vote.

Ok Kevin,

Who is running on the Republican side? We need a viable candidate who can defeat Booker or Sweeney. Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions for a candidate?

Love the article. They've never heard of them but will hit the (D) button on the ballot every single time just because of party affiliation.  That's what truly pisses me the fuck off....all of these Democrats who are so passionate about elections, and rally against Trump and hold signs at gatherings....They don't even know the fundamental issues their candidate supports! Seriously, have a legitimate conversation with a passionate liberal, ask him: what his candidate's stance is on immigration, abortion, foreign wars, taxes, veterans benefits, etc.  You will be left with a speechless liberal pussy who doesn't know even the most FUNDAMENTAL issues that his candidate supports/opposes.  They vote in the direction their friends and or relatives vote.

The FSA always has and always will vote Democrat! That is why we need a strong Republican or even a pro 2A Democrat to run against the FSA candidate! Still looking for suggestions.

Ok Kevin,

Who is running on the Republican side? We need a viable candidate who can defeat Booker or Sweeney. Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions for a candidate?

US Congressman Chris Smith.. or Possibly NJ State Senator Jennifer Beck would be good choices.  There's no indication either would run.  Who thought Trump would even have a shot of getting out of the primary?  It's early.

And regarding UncleDaddy's comment on Pushing the D.. yes.  they do... when they show up.  The game plan is do what you can to make R's turn out and D's stay home.  The latter being tougher to control.

• Like 1

Ok Kevin,

Jack Ciattarelli from Hillsborough.

http://www.njassemblyrepublicans.com/?works=ciattarelli

This guy got busted for transporting a long gun contained in a barrel in the back of his pickup. Nothing like attracting attention than entering the Holland tunnel with a large blue barrel in the bed of your pickup.

Regardless, I don't see any law broken here since he was traveling from PA to NY. The NJ deviation exemptions should not apply here since he should be covered by FOPA. Love the drama about the 200 rounds of birdshot.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/04/shotgun_nearly_200_rounds_of_ammunition_recovered.html#incart_river_home

Ammo and firearm together in same container? FOPA violation?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

YUP.  FOPA is actually more stringent than NJ "a sealed container" which can be a tied paper bag.