Sign in to follow this  
leo-польд

Any non Century made AK is available in NJ?

If you want space for a magnifier and don't mind a forward mounted RD scope, then consider installing Ultimak M1B rail (http://ultimak.com/M1-b.htm) and a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Red Dot sight (http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life/p/kt-md-ads/). This set up will give you plenty of room for a magnifier. I've used this set up on a couple of my guns and it works pretty well

RS regulate has a full rail option as well (same price).  You can mount almost anything on it and it sits very close to the top cover.

Where is this factory info is?

If you're referring to where it says it on the rifle, there should be a (10) "circle 10" stamp on the left side of the receiver toward the muzzle end.

RS regulate has a full rail option as well (same price). You can mount almost anything on it and it sits very close to the top cover.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the AKR mount from RS?

That's a great mount but I don't think that it will provide enough space for an RDS and a magnifier to mount securely. I have seen some guys use a dust cover mount to hold the magnifier with the RDS mounted on the top rail of the handguard but that always seemed goofy to me.

As long as you don't mind the scout setup for your RDS, I think that the Ultimak (or any other forward rail) is going to the best way to mount a magnifier/RDS combo.

You might be right about that.  The space is pretty tight, but i'm sure there's a combination that could work well.

I prefer the RS mounts to keep the center of balance.  My SAM7 feels very front heavy as-is... didn't want to add anything more up front

You might be right about that.  The space is pretty tight, but i'm sure there's a combination that could work well.

I prefer the RS mounts to keep the center of balance.  My SAM7 feels very front heavy as-is... didn't want to add anything more up front

I agree that the RS mounts are good. I've got a set of their mounts on my NPAP with a micro red dot attached and it's rock solid

looks really good. makes me wanna get one. it's a damn shame we can't have folding stocks!

Thanks, I believe this is best AK74 you could get in US and I am glad I did. I am going to get 7.62 Arsenal as well later and replace C39v2. Optics is comming next week, I ordered Primary Arms advanced red dot and MI side mount.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By SleepingInABag
      Hi all, new member here looking to offload some steel cased Tula. $1200 for 3,000 rounds total in original unopened packaging; three 1000rd cases of 20rd boxes. ($0.40/rd)
      I am in central NJ and willing to deliver within 30 miles if someone buys the lot. Otherwise will meet up if anyone wants a single case.
      Buyers must be legally able to purchase rifle ammunition in NJ.  Minimum age of 18 confirmed by DL or other government ID.
      Will send pictures with timestamp upon request.
      First to post "I'll take it" wins the sale.
    • By EKS22
      Excellent condition arsenal SLR 95   ***Milled AK****    $2000  with everything pictured       
      Opened to trades for bren 2, marlin 1895 SBL, FN ps90, DSA FAL, M1A ebr, tavor 7, Century PSL, s&w 686 4" or 6" 
      trades are not necessarily even trades. if you have something to offer on trade, we can discuss details.

made in bulgaria.  

comes with original thumbhole stock and the installed desert Fox buffer tube adapter and pinned magpul ctr stock.  It is currently pinned  using the aim sports magpul stock lock pin so the pin can be reversed. 

ALG AK trigger installed

Comes with original dust cover and Texas weapon system gen 3 pic rail dust cover installed.  Original polymer handguard and a khyber cheese grater is installed.  Also has a tango down grip.  Will come with 1 10rd P-mag.  

all numbers matching, all original parts. Put 50 rounds through to check fuction.  

im having trouble posting all the pics...heres a link to more pics.   https://imgur.com/a/lUEnreZ

feel free to text me any questions. i work late so you can text up to 1am   three four seven, four ten, thirty two zero one
      located in bergen county. Can meet at my FFL or yours, just dont make me drive anywhere near AC...it wont end well for me
      Obviously must have valid FID and matching DL.  Please be kosher.
      I have lurked around on this forum, but am active on the NJGUNS subreddit, same username,  Also have +110 flair on reddit GAFS

First to post "ill take it" gets it

• By Jonny B Goods
      Has anyone wondered if there will ever be a AK platform (other firearm variants) similar to what radical firearms, dark storm,  & tech ops has as their AR platform? I think it’s about time to introduce the idea of having more firearms that are non NFA firearms. Maybe this post might inspire a company with a new idea. And hopefully it could also get NJ state approval. Or am I just dreaming and it can’t be done? I have seen some AK’s that can detach the lower receiver from a upper similar to the AR platform. 

• By NJDevil1044
      Is there ANYONE out there that has a fair amount of experience in converting the 308 Saiga?  I've got it broken down and converted over to PG, and I bought and installed the Dinzag FCG, but I Futzed up the Safety Selector (I think, Brian says its fixable) so I went out and bought another standard AK Safety selector just in case, but I've been working on this rifle for over 6 months and I've absolutely had my fill.  I just need someone who has experience with installing and reassembling the Saiga-308 Fire Control Group and Safety Selector......After that the rifle will be completed, but at this point I'm ready to take a sledge to it, and could really use the assistance of someone with more patience, more technical/mechanical experience, and someone who has hopefully dealt with converting the Saiga-308 before.  At this point I don't even care if the BHO device comes out or not, I just want the rifle to function (safely) like a standard PG AK-308 rifle.  I'd be more than willing to compensate or trade smithwork on an AR-15 or Any milsurp rifles, ass that is my main forte.  If ANYONE can help, I'm located in Central/South Jersey, not far from Trenton, right on the Burlington/Mercer County Border, and I also work 5 days a week in Ocean County, so I can bring the rifle to you if you prefer to work on it at your place at your leisure.  I have no real timeframe on this, as long as someone can get it reassembled correctly in a reasonable period for a reasonable fee.  I also asked Brian Smithwick for assistance, but I highly doubt he'll have the time, as helpful and kind as he is, he's already slammed with work.  So, If anyone can help, please either e-mail me at [email protected] or Text/Call my cell @ 732-610-8546