siderman

Dems blocking ccw reform

http://www.northjersey.com/news/democrats-seek-to-block-christie-s-gun-regulation-change-1.1552392   

The two Democratic lawmakers have introduced a resolution that says the proposed rule change “is not consistent with legislative intent".

And by intent  they of course mean no ccw- ever. 

They always seem to have a way to throw a wet blanket on anything that even hints at making some sense.

How old is Weinberg? Shouldn't that old witch be retiring or drooling in a hospice by now?

She is retired from her job as state representative. Oh, and she keeps the job too, which means we pay her pension and her salary at the same time. If that's not enough for you she doesn't contribute to the retirement fund (which is bust) because she's technically retired. Follow that? Only in NJ.

Please don't tell me you've never heard of the double-dipping allowance that NJ has for state and local employees.

Does anyone see a pattern in this thread? The democrats are trying to ever reduce the 2a rights in NJ. The people who are pro-2a say we should vote them out, or even better recall. Every attempt to do so has failed leaving said folks frustrated--again. Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting a different result. I'm not throwing a wet blanket on this I'm just thinking maybe trying a different approach to voting in your candidates could be in order. I don't have the answer or I'd gladly provide it because I'm not that cruel.

Do you realize the depth of the issues in NJ? The 2A issues are just one of the ridiculous bits about NJ. How about the size of the safety net population? We look like Alabama, but at least they are friendly 2A. How about the 120 billion in unfunded state pension liabilities? How is that going to be made up when we already have the highest tax burden in the US? Anyone look at the roads? Ready for a quarter on the gas tax? Did anyone know that the COO of Sanzari construction, one of the states biggest construction contractors, is Paul Sarlo chair of the senate appropriations committee and biggest proponent of a gas tax increase? He's such a proponent that he's willing to give a bit on the estate tax. Speaking of which did you know only 18 states have either an inheritance or estate tax and NJ is one of 2 that have both (MD is the other)? Ever read the Abbott v Burke ruling that provide 6.5 billion of 8 billion in school funding to 31 school districts? Anyone know that Senator Lesniak's law firm scores no bid state contracts?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/11/weiner_lesniak_scores_another_no-bid_contract_from_jersey_city.html

Shall I go on? Ok, one more thing. How about Fulop moving McGreevey to a county job for exactly enough days to score lifetime medical benefits? You know that criminal is retired, collecting multiple pensions and is employed by JC for over 100k / year right?

You cannot look at the 2a in isolation when trying to get your slate approved. Too many people, even conservatives don't care that much about it, but the do care about their wallets a bit. The depth of corruption in this state is unrivaled and benefitting too many people to be easily changed. Ben Franklin once said, when people realize they can vote themselves money it will herald the end of the republic. How do you think the NJ democrats have strangled this state? By giving away your money in exchange for votes.

When blasting the opposition don't just focus on one issue that doesn't have broad appeal outside of a small group because you won't rally the support you need. Look at the results thus far. All of the issues that out these people in place need to addressed. Property taxes, income taxes, school funding, etx to rally more than just the gun owners. There has to be candidates that give you what you want on 2a and have a broad appeal related to the other items.

We don't even have a governor that gives a shit about your gun rights--he's pandering and hasn't changed no matter what he says. He can give CCW with a stroke of a pen, hell Obama loves executive orders, why not CC? He wants people to believe he's pro-gun in case in wants to get a federal office, but his track record tells us otherwise. What was his NRA grade?

Lastly the legislative map recently one by the democrats has benefitted them greatly. Thus making it a bit more difficult to get the republicans in. Thus, more need for mass appeal on other issues that non gun owners are facing to get them in your side.

I didn't expect to go on-and-on here but I got on a roll You can delete the post if you want.

• Like 5

“To put it simply, if these regulations were adopted, it would allow every cab driver, every pizza delivery driver, every Uber driver and any one else living or working in a high crime neighborhood to qualify for a firearms permit,” said Senator Loretta Weinberg.

How can anyone pass off this statement as a BAD thing??? 

• Like 1

Can these people be anymore unAmerican? the best comment 

"How about this: When you have to ask the government for permission to exercise a right, it is no longer a right, but a privilege. When it becomes a privilege the government thinks they can make ridiculous rules to go along with it. The legislature in NJ is basically telling every grown man and woman that they are not responsible enough to carry a firearm, like you all are their children that need to be protected from themselves. I don't see why someone doesn't sue to carry."

She is retired from her job as state representative. Oh, and she keeps the job too, which means we pay her pension and her salary at the same time. If that's not enough for you she doesn't contribute to the retirement fund (which is bust) because she's technically retired. Follow that? Only in NJ.

Please don't tell me you've never heard of the double-dipping allowance that NJ has for state and local employees.

-I have heard of it, but thought it involved having two jobs in the gov't,local or otherwise, and getting pensions for both.  So is she retired, or working, or both?

Does anyone see a pattern in this thread? The democrats are trying to ever reduce the 2a rights in NJ. The people who are pro-2a say we should vote them out, or even better recall. Every attempt to do so has failed leaving said folks frustrated--again. Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting a different result. I'm not throwing a wet blanket on this I'm just thinking maybe trying a different approach to voting in your candidates could be in order. I don't have the answer or I'd gladly provide it because I'm not that cruel.

Do you realize the depth of the issues in NJ? The 2A issues are just one of the ridiculous bits about NJ. How about the size of the safety net population? We look like Alabama, but at least they are friendly 2A. How about the 120 billion in unfunded state pension liabilities? How is that going to be made up when we already have the highest tax burden in the US? Anyone look at the roads? Ready for a quarter on the gas tax? Did anyone know that the COO of Sanzari construction, one of the states biggest construction contractors, is Paul Sarlo chair of the senate appropriations committee and biggest proponent of a gas tax increase? He's such a proponent that he's willing to give a bit on the estate tax. Speaking of which did you know only 18 states have either an inheritance or estate tax and NJ is one of 2 that have both (MD is the other)? Ever read the Abbott v Burke ruling that provide 6.5 billion of 8 billion in school funding to 31 school districts? Anyone know that Senator Lesniak's law firm scores no bid state contracts?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/11/weiner_lesniak_scores_another_no-bid_contract_from_jersey_city.html

-Oh, I'd say most here know it... but this a forum about firearms and shooting sports.  So issues directly related to those things bubble up first.  There have been lengthy discussions about all of your very good points.  My wife works up in the Newark/Jersey City area, generally.  The number of people up there using EBT is eye opening to say the least.

Shall I go on? Ok, one more thing. How about Fulop moving McGreevey to a county job for exactly enough days to score lifetime medical benefits? You know that criminal is retired, collecting multiple pensions and is employed by JC for over 100k / year right?

-I didn't know about that.  My wife's family was in politics and civil service in his area when he was mayor.  What went on with that guy back then was nothing less than abuse of power to satisfy his own perversions.  Take that exactly as I wrote it.  Because that's what happened.  And given what we know about him, it should be no surprise.

You cannot look at the 2a in isolation when trying to get your slate approved. Too many people, even conservatives don't care that much about it, but the do care about their wallets a bit. The depth of corruption in this state is unrivaled and benefitting too many people to be easily changed. Ben Franklin once said, when people realize they can vote themselves money it will herald the end of the republic. How do you think the NJ democrats have strangled this state? By giving away your money in exchange for votes.

When blasting the opposition don't just focus on one issue that doesn't have broad appeal outside of a small group because you won't rally the support you need. Look at the results thus far. All of the issues that out these people in place need to addressed. Property taxes, income taxes, school funding, etx to rally more than just the gun owners. There has to be candidates that give you what you want on 2a and have a broad appeal related to the other items.

We don't even have a governor that gives a shit about your gun rights--he's pandering and hasn't changed no matter what he says. He can give CCW with a stroke of a pen, hell Obama loves executive orders, why not CC? He wants people to believe he's pro-gun in case in wants to get a federal office, but his track record tells us otherwise. What was his NRA grade?

Lastly the legislative map recently one by the democrats has benefitted them greatly. Thus making it a bit more difficult to get the republicans in. Thus, more need for mass appeal on other issues that non gun owners are facing to get them in your side.

I didn't expect to go on-and-on here but I got on a roll You can delete the post if you want.

-I think we get it.  Like I said above, we tend to focus on 2A here, but we all exist in other places than here.  I'm sick of seeing a nearly $20K property tax bill year after year. and as you say.... The formula for funding schools...... as you wrote....the list goes on....  This is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. 

“To put it simply, if these regulations were adopted, it would allow every cab driver, every pizza delivery driver, every Uber driver and any one else living or working in a high crime neighborhood to qualify for a firearms permit,” said Senator Loretta Weinberg.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.   Sounds like a good start.

Can these people be anymore unAmerican? the best comment 

"How about this: When you have to ask the government for permission to exercise a right, it is no longer a right, but a privilege. When it becomes a privilege the government thinks they can make ridiculous rules to go along with it. The legislature in NJ is basically telling every grown man and woman that they are not responsible enough to carry a firearm, like you all are their children that need to be protected from themselves. I don't see why someone doesn't sue to carry."

The leftists want to control the throbbing masses.  And yes... many of them .. in private.. and some in public.. refer to you and I as "The Throbbing Masses"... like a pile of wriggling maggots.  We are not to be permitted to make decisions.  Or even be free.  They'll call us free..... pursuant to their definition of free.

Getting off topic.

They don't want people to be free.  That's something they have in common with Marxists and Communists.  Which should concern everyone.

The leftists want to control the throbbing masses.  And yes... many of them .. in private.. and some in public.. refer to you and I as "The Throbbing Masses"... like a pile of wriggling maggots.  We are not to be permitted to make decisions.  Or even be free.  They'll call us free..... pursuant to their definition of free.

Getting off topic.

They don't want people to be free.  That's something they have in common with Marxists and Communists.  Which should concern everyone.

So true, the leftists are nothing more the communists that want to control every aspect of our lives so they can do whatever they want. 

-I have heard of it, but thought it involved having two jobs in the gov't,local or otherwise, and getting pensions for both.  So is she retired, or working, or both?

She is retired from office, collecting a pension and still in office collecting a salary and not contributing to the retirement fund because she is retired.

http://theridgewoodblog.net/double-dipping-starts-at-the-top-with-loretta-weinberg-d-teaneck-and-17-other-assembly-and-senate-incumbents/

-Oh, I'd say most here know it... but this a forum about firearms and shooting sports.  So issues directly related to those things bubble up first.  There have been lengthy discussions about all of your very good points.  My wife works up in the Newark/Jersey City area, generally.  The number of people up there using EBT is eye opening to say the least.

-I didn't know about that.  My wife's family was in politics and civil service in his area when he was mayor.  What went on with that guy back then was nothing less than abuse of power to satisfy his own perversions.  Take that exactly as I wrote it.  Because that's what happened.  And given what we know about him, it should be no surprise.

I'm way not into politics but like to know about the issues the impact myself, family and friends.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/09/mcgreevey_pension_benefits_hudson_county.html

-I think we get it.  Like I said above, we tend to focus on 2A here, but we all exist in other places than here.  I'm sick of seeing a nearly $20K property tax bill year after year. and as you say.... The formula for funding schools...... as you wrote....the list goes on....  This is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. 

What you say may be true but if you are going to use this as a rallying point might as well lay out the whole strategy.  What I've read and seen conducted is limited to getting people to rally behind gun rights and not the broad issues that may get non-gun owners to jump on your slate.

The problem is the politicians have forgotten who works for who. Plus, especially here in the People's Republic of NJ we have unelected officials making policy that shouldn't be. And its sad that one of the places where the American Revolution was fought has some of the worse oppressive gun laws in place. 

The Second Amendment was put in place to prevent this type of bullshit. However, the politicians work overtime at attempting to subvert our God given rights. And it seems to be the democrats or shall I say communists that are working overtime at restricting it or attempting to take it away.

But here in NJ we have this:

• 1968 the Gun Control Act put in place by the NJ attorney general at the time (unelected official making laws)
  • The requirement of the FID
  • Separate permits for EACH pistol you purchase, plus you can only use ONE a month (thanks to that douche Florio)
  • Background checks at point of sale and they don't use the federal system, oh no NJ has to have its own
  • Concealed or Open Carry in NJ? NEVER
  • Bans on specific firearms just by name: AR's can't say AR-15 on them, AK47s can't say AK47. Or the most retard one due to the Plainfield riots, the ban on the M1 Carbine.

Has any of this prevent Thugs and Felons from obtaining illegal firearms? I would say NOT!

• Like 1

Justifiable need is a violation of the Federal Constitution, and is just plain stupid. It is equivalent to saying you cannot have a smoke detector or fire extinguisher until you prove you once had a fire and have a high probability of having another one in the future. Most victims are first time victims, time for Democrats to grow a brain.

• Like 2

Justifiable need is a violation of the Federal Constitution, and is just plain stupid. It is equivalent to saying you cannot have a smoke detector or fire extinguisher until you prove you once had a fire and have a high probability of having another one in the future. Most victims are first time victims, time for Democrats to grow a brain.

Democrats growing a brain is not likely to happen in my life time, so what does it take to bring about the necessary change? This state is circling the drain, and honestly the 2a insanity is merely a symptom of the absolute rot that is the state of NJ.

• Like 1

The Dems believe that our right to protect ourselves and those around us is unimportant.  We are expendable according to them.. and they believe we just need to get used to that.  What IS important in their minds is the fact that they can not have the citizens of their dominion armed and more difficult to be subdued at will.  They want the government in control.  Period.    Which is actually a ridiculous concept.  Who in their right mind would actually draw a firearm on an LEO?  The civil order would had to have broken down so much that we would be in a state of civil war and Law Enforcement would have to have become so out of control, like some Hollywood post apocalyptic movie for that to happen.  In our regular ordinary days, no one is engaging in a gunfight with any sort of LEO or member of the military. 

They play this up as "a public safety issue."  And in part, they believe that.  Any person who owns a firearm could go nuts at any moment.. or settle a "Tastes great / Less Filling" debate with a few head shots.  But that's a straw man meant to be window dressing for the already subdued public to hear.  It's all about control.  In fact, "control" is at the core of everything they do.  Pick an issue.  Control is at it's root.

They want nothing more than a bunch of obedient workers and not citizens. Because they are politicians they believe they can decide what is good for us. The democrats aka communists have contempt for the U.S. Constitution and the rights it protects. Gun control is nothing more than buzzword for people control, because an armed populace will not capitulate. This is not a "public safety issue", when has anyone heard of a responsible law-abiding gun owner doing anything? never. Its always thugs, criminals or just overall wackos that they REFUSE to do anything about. We don't have a gun problem in this state or our nation..we have a THUG problem..

First off, hey good post Rob0115.  Just reminds me how many ways this state sucks.

I find it ironic that anti-gun people are always asking gun owners, "What are you so afraid of?"  And now that this executive order has changed the possibility of obtaining a CCW license in NJ from impossible to nearly impossible, they are terrified that people are going to be carrying guns all over the state shooting at each other.  

Don't any of them ever leave this state?  Don't they ever go to one of the 44 states where people carry concealed weapons? I'm willing to bet that when they go to Florida (come on, some of them must go to Florida once in awhile), that not only don't they not see people running around shooting each other, but they probably never even see a single gun.  

Mike Kelly had an opinion piece in The Record last week where he expressed his fear that CCW holders would not know when to use their guns, or how to use them properly.  These people act as if this is some foreign concept that does not exist anywhere, when in fact all they need to do is open their eyes to see that it works in most of the rest of our nation.  

• Like 4

NJ government views citizens as the property of the state. It's reflected in a lot of laws, and there is one consistent driving factor regarding freedom that flows throughout the fabric of the law. 

YOU shall not make decisions about their property. 

Look at how the marriage license is structured and how family court proceedings are justified. It's viewed as a contract between two people and the state, and the kids are the product of that contract and the state has controlling interest in that product. We have an estate tax and an inheritance tax because inheritance is income and we tax all income, because the state gets their cut fort owning you the living person doing the inheriting, and they get their cut of the estate because they get their cut for owning you until you die. 

You have no right to self defense in their eyes because you are making a judgment about the disposition of their property (i.e. the bad guy). 

• Like 1

First off, hey good post Rob0115.  Just reminds me how many ways this state sucks.

I find it ironic that anti-gun people are always asking gun owners, "What are you so afraid of?"  And now that this executive order has changed the possibility of obtaining a CCW license in NJ from impossible to nearly impossible, they are terrified that people are going to be carrying guns all over the state shooting at each other.  

Don't any of them ever leave this state?  Don't they ever go to one of the 44 states where people carry concealed weapons? I'm willing to bet that when they go to Florida (come on, some of them must go to Florida once in awhile), that not only don't they not see people running around shooting each other, but they probably never even see a single gun.  

Mike Kelly had an opinion piece in The Record last week where he expressed his fear that CCW holders would not know when to use their guns, or how to use them properly.  These people act as if this is some foreign concept that does not exist anywhere, when in fact all they need to do is open their eyes to see that it works in most of the rest of our nation.  

Correct, if you live in NJ you must have traveled to some state where there is carry, e.g PA right next door.  This portrayal of the wild west is very interesting.  If it were true where is all the supporting news articles, youtube videos (lord knows someone would get it on a cellphone), etc?

It's just complete bullshit and people believe it.  I can only believe that their experiences are as narrow as their minds.  Most NJ liberals will tell you what's wrong with every other state in the US and why NJ is better.  Can that really be true?  Nah.  

• Like 1

“To put it simply, if these regulations were adopted, it would allow every cab driver, every pizza delivery driver, every Uber driver and any one else living or working in a high crime neighborhood to qualify for a firearms permit,” said Senator Loretta Weinberg.

That woman is one of the most dispicable people going. To actually have the nerve to say outright that the averge citizen MUST NOT have a ccw is beyond contempt. She is a deranged and greedy old hag- she may want to consider running for president with those qualifliers.

On people like Mike Kelly. He's is a big time leftist. Nothing in his background indicates he knows anything about firearms.

Isn't it remarkable that the people who know the LEAST about guns scream the loudest about no one should be allowed to have them?

And Mike Kelly lives in Teaneck. So he almost certainly voted for Weinberg.

That woman is one of the most dispicable people going. To actually have the nerve to say outright that the averge citizen MUST NOT have a ccw is beyond contempt. She is a deranged and greedy old hag- she may want to consider running for president with those qualifliers.

She might be one of the few people I'd rather watch drown than save if I found myself in that situation. Her statements and actions ..have...and will continue to...get people killed.

Get the PBA and FOP to back and harass Trenton and watch how fast CCW occurs here. Money talks......BS walks.

Why would they back it when they are exempt from Trenton's BS?

The police and their unions are part of the NJ government. They are not on your side.

• Like 1

Get the PBA and FOP to back and harass Trenton and watch how fast CCW occurs here. Money talks......BS walks.

How do you do that? Money does talk and the unions, including PD, back democrats because they believe republicans want to take their pensions--generally not all. So you'll never get the LEO unions, or any other, to back a 2a friendly candidate.

Why would they back it when they are exempt from Trenton's BS?

The police and their unions are part of the NJ government. They are not on your side.

That is my whole point. In other states Sheriff's support the 2nd amendment and the people's right to defend themselves. Here in NJ LE is somehow always exempt from the rules because their unions bitch about the laws.