Ricky_Bobby

Not New Owner, but New to Forum....

Hey guys, I kept googling things about my guns over the past 6-8 months or so and kept getting redirected to this site so I thought I'd donate to Premier Membership and join - nice to see a lot of the local FFL's posting here, and a lot I'm sure I will learn.

Currently 3+ years since issued my NJ FID, married for 4 years in September.

Current Lineup consists of the following and growing:

-Taurus 1911SS .45ACP with Raasco Slim Rosewood Grips

-Beretta Model 102 .22LR (also called the Sable or later the Model 76) with Lefty Target Hardwood Grips (used one of my PPP's on this one as my wifes grandfather has had the gun for 30+ years sitting in his attic and never shot, approximately 45 year old gun and after some Ballistol and stripping, works/functions like new!  - Amazing piece of old Beretta)

-Mossberg 500 12 Gauge with 18" Security Barrel, Mossberg heat shield kit, Hogue 12" LOP stock and Forend

-Savage Axis 30-06 Rifle with Boyds Pro Varmint Stock, Bushnell Scope kit (gift from grandfather for Christmas)

-Ruger 10/22 Takedown with plenty of BX15 mags, Kidd Charging Handle/Mag Release/Mag Plunger/Bolt Buffer, and Hogue Takedown Stock kit (wife's that I did the parts on for her)- what a super fun rifle all around

-Taurus Model 605SS .357 5-shot, Pachmayr grips currently but might get the updated combat wood checkered Model 85 Grips

Looking forward to adding, not ever deleting from the arsenal in this election year and the years to come, and hoping for someday to be able to lawfully CCW in this state as a normal gun-owning law abiding citizen.  My in laws built a house in the OBX this past year and my wife and I have friends in the Raleigh NC area, so next month I have registered for the non-resident Florida CCW pistol class at GFH, even if its only 1 month total out of the year, will be nice to feel like a normal American with my right to self protection outside the home if I am traveling south or west of Maryland.

I've spent a few PM's going back and forth with a couple of our FFL's as I wait on a couple "permission slips", my plans in the next year are to either build a budget AR with a stripped lower and parts kits, or an off the shelf Ruger AR556 or S&WSport II (still haven't decided, as those 2 models named are extremely affordable) and perhaps add some 9mm love with a G19, G26, or the Walther PPS M2 or PPQ.  My wife actually wants a Bond Arms Derringer "Mama Bear" just for the pink grip and bear on it lol, I may have to buy it for her (happy wife happy life) even though she can't carry it, as we all know, they will shoot what they love, so if she loves it I may have to get it for her haha!

Glad to be a part of this community!

NINJA EDIT:  Sorry, I just realized there is an "Introduction" sub section I should have posted this in :)

-J

Welcome to our elite social club. 1st due is to pm maksim and ask him when your njgf t shirt will be available.

Seems you have a nice collection and want to improve it with some pretty sweet guns. Where do you normally shoot?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to our elite social club. 1st due is to pm maksim and ask him when your njgf t shirt will be available.

Seems you have a nice collection and want to improve it with some pretty sweet guns. Where do you normally shoot?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

^Is that to break balls to get them made lol, or is it because I'm supposed to get one as a new member?  haha

Thanks so much, and yeah definitely looking to expand and improve, pretty proud of the collection as is but absolutely looking to add some extra diversity to the "fleet" - my wife is putting in for her FPID as well so at least she can buy me ammo for stocking stuffers at Christmas now :sungum:  - My local hangouts are RTSP and GFH, although I don't get to shoot as often as I like - we've had some change in plans lately as we went through a long oncology regimen for our dog who had a cancerous tumor removed in February - the positive is he's healed up after radiation and feeling back to normal after the chemo treatment and can just live out his years likely cancer free - so now that things are coming back to normal I'm hoping to put some more lead down range on a regular basis :)

Welcome. My Fiance loves those damn pink and blue guns. I Swear they only make them because they know we'll be suckered into buying them. My current excuse is i have no valid Pistol Permits. I'm afraid to apply for some to buy myself a handgun because i KNOW she'll bring that stupid thing up! I think it was a little ruger or something, like a small pink stripper pistol. Wasn't expensive, but just doesn't seem practical or comfortable to shoot... There's no carry here, so why get a carrying pistol??? May as well get her a glock and spray paint it pink, at least it'll be fun for me to shoot too... haha..
The blue 1911's are quite nice.

Welcome to be forum.... My in laws are in OBX too, I spent the month of July and August there.... Where do they live!?

Two ranges down there.... Outdoor range and a new indoor range that just opened!

Welcome to be forum.... My in laws are in OBX too, I spent the month of July and August there.... Where do they live!?

Two ranges down there.... Outdoor range and a new indoor range that just opened!

They are on southern end of OBX (I've realized its a hell of a long place from top to bottom lol) - Pine Knoll Shores/Morehead City area, about 20 mins from Beaufort - If yours are close as well let me know what ranges there are - next time I go down I'll definitely bring a couple of my guns with me and the wife and I can do some shooting, probably pick up some cheap ammo at Wally World as well!

Agh the other end of the outer banks, my in laws are in Duck.

The outdoor range is in Manns Harbor, which is 15 minutes past Manteo and the new indoor range is Powels Point on 158 before you get to the Wright Memorial Bridge.

Haven't been to the indoor range as it just opened up, but the outdoor range is decent.... Pistol and rifle range, both are 100 yards.... Have some clay throwers for shotgun..... Not a bad time..... Mosquitoes can be bad during the summer....

They are on southern end of OBX (I've realized its a hell of a long place from top to bottom lol) - Pine Knoll Shores/Morehead City area, about 20 mins from Beaufort - If yours are close as well let me know what ranges there are - next time I go down I'll definitely bring a couple of my guns with me and the wife and I can do some shooting, probably pick up some cheap ammo at Wally World as well!

I'll have to do a google search next time I'm down there, the causeway going in to their section of the island is great though, plenty of guns and ammo shops, I probably wouldnt buy guns down there unless the deals were screaming bc the shop would have to ship to FFL, but I'll bring a couple Plano ammo boxes down with me next time and stock up on cartridges :thumbup:

Welcome. I have a couple Derringers I would sell, but none are pink. I have a German Made .22 and a Remington .41 if interested. However I am guessing since they are not pink it would be a deal breaker. Which I understand. I put a pink stock on Ruger 10/22 for my daughter.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pink does not belong on guns!

On the contrary. I don't think ANYONE want's to die at the hands of a pink firearm.. Certainly not terrorists.

I Don't see why it matters. I'm sure my daughter will be getting the same thing to learn on; a pink 10-22. Not like it makes it any less accurate/reliable/deadly in the right hands.

I agree - however, if I want my wife to actually want to shoot or be interested in firearms it needs to be something she likes - she has no interest in shotguns, she does like the Ruger 10/22, I'm sure she'll come around to evil boring black guns someday :haha: - Trust me I'm not going to beg her to make me spend $400 on a gun for her if she has no interest - I'd probably actually rather her just shoot my revolver (same .38/.357 caliber) for the time being and learn to shoot well, and if we move to NC later this year or next year like we are planning to, let her pick herself something out then.

EDIT:  I think I just may have gotten myself out of buying her something LOL

I'm not a fan of pink guns myself, but I'm also not a fan of black guns either. To me an AR is a me too gun. Granted I have one, but I prefer my C&R Military Guns like the SVT, FN-49, MAS, Finn Mosins, Mausers, etc. It took putting a pink stock on a 10/22 to get my daughters interested in shooting. It was well worth it. Hopefully one day they can appreciate my "Boring Brown" Guns that they call them now.

I'm not a fan of pink guns myself, but I'm also not a fan of black guns either. To me an AR is a me too gun. Granted I have one, but I prefer my C&R Military Guns like the SVT, FN-49, MAS, Finn Mosins, Mausers, etc. It took putting a pink stock on a 10/22 to get my daughters interested in shooting. It was well worth it. Hopefully one day they can appreciate my "Boring Brown" Guns that they call them now.

Well said- my oldest, least powerful firearm is my Beretta 102, in my opinion its the sexiest firearm I own - Looks exactly like this, now I put on the Lefty Wood target grips (still looking for extra genuine Italian made magazines, basically impossible to find, although I'm thankful I have 2)-

391746_01_beretta_model_pb102_very_rare_

But you make a good point and in regards to your daughter thats how I see it with my wife, if it takes me $400 and a gun that I personally have no interest in and has a pink set of grips, to get my wife excited to go to the range and interested in firearms shooting, safety, etc, so that its less of just a "husband only" hobby, then thats an investment I am more than willing to make.  Not to mention that we really need to get our spouses, girl friends, etc, into shooting and into firearms because I think they will be the make it or break it for our 2A rights.

• Like 1

My wife isn't a fan of shooting, or guns in general, but she's not ANTI-gun, either.

If it would make my wife more willing to shoot, I'd give he something pink with  blue and yellow polka dots, or rainbows, or even naked male strippers on the grips, whatever it took!!!   :girlblum:

• Like 1