Sign in to follow this  
NJGF

NRA $600 Life Membership

Too many people got in when they lowered it to $300 last time. When they asked $1500 people felt they were getting screwed.

We should start a pool....when does the NRA drop the price back to $300?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By M. Cornicello
      Good morning,

Don’t know how to delete the post so….

Thanks for your time!

Michael Cornicello
    • By Mrs. Peel
      Yesterday, I attended Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays in Coplay, PA for the first time! I went with @Mrs.Zeke to their NRA Women on Target event - more on that later. I feel very grateful to have attended (and, again, thanks to @Ms. 12 Gauge for letting me know about the event!) Here's my feedback: 
      Sporting Clays: Yikes, what a fun shooting sport!!  If you don't know anything about it, you are moving through a course and at each station there's clays being thrown different ways (varying direction, speed, even a type called a rabbit that rolls along the ground). It's challenging. And for even more challenge, they have 3 defined courses there - beginner, intermediate and advanced. So think of it like a golf course - each station is like a hole - they even have gas-powered golf carts you can rent, or little scooters (I think those are free) and little wheelie carts (also free). The operation is year-round. 
      LVSC: I haven't been to other sporting clays ranges, so I can't compare per se, but I can say this one was really "atmospheric" - and as a lover of all things Victorian, it was just my cup of tea.  It's set in a long-abandoned 1800's quarry operation. So, the old, roofless, dilapidated buildings have been taken over by trees and undergrowth - but they still hold a unique beauty (the great masonry, old arched window frames, etc. - it was like some of those photos from urban explorers who enter abandoned sites). It must look amazing in fall or after a fresh snow! Even better, one station we were at is located right over water (presumably, the old quarry pit). So, you're standing on this little covered deck, looking out across a sparkling body of water, with cliffs opposite you, trees above that and a perfect blue sky up above. Wow. Hey, did I mention it's a GREAT-LOOKING place? (LOL) Much of the course, blessedly, was in shade. And all the little stations have roofs so you've always got a little spot of shade on a hot day. The main building where you sign in was large, nicely air-conditioned (helpful yesterday of all days), well-appointed, kind of a rustic hunting lodge vibe, but very modern and clean, too (including a nice clean ladies room with the de-lead soap, etc.) The staff were all very friendly - and our instructor, Bob Broderick, was fantastic! I recommend him highly. A lot of things "clicked" for me yesterday in terms of understanding the process - that's the power of a good instructor! Here's their website: https://www.lvsclays.com/ 
      NRA Women on Target: The NRA and their partner ranges really do a great job on these events! They are designed to attract women to the shooting sports, so they're quite literally giving stuff away. This deal was so slammin' - it was impossible to pass up! FIFTY BUCKS covered the entire afternoon program. They initially had us in a room  for about an hour where we filled out paperwork and had some classroom instruction about safety, etc. We then picked up the included cold drinks, eye and ear pro, plus a loaner shotgun and instructor for each group... our little sub-group had 4 women and 2 golf carts (carts also included!!)… and we were on the course for a good 2 hours at least... with each one of us getting one-on-one attention and guidance from the instructor at each station (that alone was worth more than 50 bucks!!). Afterwards, we returned to the same room where they had snacks, more ice-cold beverages, certificates and "swag bags" which, best of all, included a coupon for 10% off of a private lesson (expires end of this year).  I have no idea what that would package would cost normally, but looking at the website, I'm guessing at least 125 or more each?
      So, if you haven't been to LVSC yet, I urge you to check it out! It's LOTS of fun. I know CNJFO is doing a fundraiser there this month - I'm sure you'd have a fantastic time AND you'd be contributing to the 2A cause at the same time. So, I'll add that link here: 
      In addition, I plan to get on the email list for their NRA Women on Target events (apparently, LVSC sponsors about 3 a year). Though I can't go again (it's for sporting clays first-timers only), I intend to advertise them in the future under our "events" section... so you can all pass the word to women shooters you know. Believe me, anyone who went would enjoy it. All the ladies who went yesterday (I'd say it was about 15-20) had a real blast!
    • By PD2K
      NRA has an auto template that sends your rep an email opposing the proposed new NJ gun laws:
      https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1978
      Mods please move if I posted in the wrong forum. Oh and sorry if this has been posted already.
    • By PD2K
      A List of the Companies Cutting Ties With the N.R.A.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/business/nra-companies-boycott.html
      For me the only one that really hurts is Delta/United since they only game in town for the NY/NJ area. Maybe Metlife and Chubb too.
      Mods please move if posted in wrong section.
    • By NJGF
      President Trump:
      "What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
      6:31 AM - 22 Feb 2018