Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

cmp sold out!

They were military aid and are supposed to be returned, not sold back. SK is trying to pull a fast one. They are also probably in much worse shape than the ones that came back from Greece about 8 years ago. There were new unissued still in wrapper ones that came back and were auctioned off.

One reason the CMP is nearly out is allowing the purchase of multiple rifles, up to 12 a year IIRC. In ye olde days you got one for life. This accomplished what I think was an unstated goal of CMP, to get these rifles out of (quasi) governmental hands, so they don't end up in the shredder. So there are several million M1s  out there, but now you will be paying more and more to get one

Sad day indeed. There's 86,000 Garands in Korea waiting to come home were it not for Obama's executive order banning their reimportation.

I have a feeling this is only temporary. I think we will see more Garands being sold by CMP, but if they do open sales up again and you want one, don't hesitate to order! Maybe CMP is currently working on 1911's to get those ready for sales and that is why they stopped filling Garand orders.

There will never be a drought of m1's.....of which are a terrible investment. ..

When the old coots die and their family has no idea what to do with them...the market will again be flooded.

I'd like a few WWII shooters. US Carbine, 1903 Springfield, and a Garand to start.

So go buy em !

They are put there and they can be had at a good price point.....again once the hoarders die......the market will be flooded.

I hope so.

Horders and profiteers screwed over generations of shooters.

They were military aid and are supposed to be returned, not sold back. SK is trying to pull a fast one. They are also probably in much worse shape than the ones that came back from Greece about 8 years ago. There were new unissued still in wrapper ones that came back and were auctioned off.

One reason the CMP is nearly out is allowing the purchase of multiple rifles, up to 12 a year IIRC. In ye olde days you got one for life. This accomplished what I think was an unstated goal of CMP, to get these rifles out of (quasi) governmental hands, so they don't end up in the shredder. So there are several million M1s  out there, but now you will be paying more and more to get one

Had an opportunity to see about a dozen of the small lot of SK garands that made it here years ago before being shut down.....these ones, at least, looked like ass!. Bought one just for the receiver....crappy, rotted out Korean barrel (still have it if anyone wants it for a tomato stake, or just to see one) and wood was some dense oversized mess. Missing trigger group and sights.

There is always the CMP Auctions to get a Garand. There are 8 listed right now. I agree with Nickjc there will be plenty flooding the market when the old timers start dying off. Garands in my opinion are mostly overpriced because the majority are parts guns and not original examples.

There is always the CMP Auctions to get a Garand. There are 8 listed right now. I agree with Nickjc there will be plenty flooding the market when the old timers start dying off. Garands in my opinion are mostly overprived because the majority are parts guns and not original examples.

I hope so. I want one shooter Garand in my life.

I'm really lucky. For years I was too lazy to do the paperwork (it was surprisingly effortless, especially for the reward). I heard about the M1 Carbines and I said screw it, I'm going for one. In the process I discovered they were illegal here and since I was so deep into the paperwork I said screw it again. Ordered a Service Grade and Field Grade Garand back in February a few days after the Carbine rush. It took them FOREVER to get to my envelope. They acknowledged my order two months later and I finally got them in mid-May. I'm appreciative of it because at the time of mailing the paperwork I wasn't aware of being smack in the middle of an insane buying frenzy.

The hard part now is I'm seeing what quality the rifles were a few years ago when I was too lazy to do the paperwork! They were even more of a STEAL back then. Gorgeous with the original finishes on them. Now they're all reparkerized. Still worth it though and I suggest you should all keep tabs on their sales announcements and have paperwork ready to send in.

I say that because next time they open sales, it'll be for the kill. They projected their supply will end mid 2017. With that piece of info, an election year coming up, and this current freeze on orders, a lot of people will be waiting with their paperwork ready to be mailed. With the amount of orders they were getting, and how long they take to fill orders (3-4 months), they may not open up sales until September, right when panic buying will be going on for the election. And you better bet that people will be saving up money for when they do.

I'll be sitting that one out though. Two is enough for me, for life. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for those 1911's, and praying handguns aren't made illegal before they're released, IF they're not melted down per recent draft legislation.