Sign in to follow this  
weekend_junkie

870 Express Magnum!

Another shotgun followed me home! I was kinda thinking about getting a HD shotgun and browsed through the used rack at Bullethole when I spotted an 870 with a deer barrel. As it turns out, it's an 870 Express Magnum combo and has a 28" barrel with vent rib and adjustable choke. It even came with the original box and everything! A few dollars and a background check later, I was on my way home.

So, I have never seen a gun with more dust. The gun was made back in 1994 and probably hasn't been fired since then. Dust bunnies in the action... a first for me, but cleaned up easier than carbon.

Since its from 1994, it has the older metal trigger group which I think is a nicer choice anytime. This is my first 870, so does anyone have any other advice or favorite mods?

Nice find!  I've been looking to add an 870 and do a tactical type build to compliment my Mossberg 500 which is more HD set up now -

What furniture is on it, wood?  Do you hunt at all?  I added the Hogue 12" LOP stock and forend on my 500, Mossberg heat shield and picked up an 18.5" security barrel and am very happy with it- for home defense its a great setup.  I'm not a hunter.

What furniture is on it, wood? Do you hunt at all?

It's a matte finish hardwood and the metal has a very dark grayish matte finish to it. Nothing fancy.

I don't hunt but I'd like to learn how and start. I gather this would be a good choice to drag around in the field.