Sign in to follow this  
AR Jerz

Best Bang for Buck

Yes, the Glock award certificates are transferable and will get you any of the basic gen 3 guns, with a small upgrade fee for a gem 4, or a larger upgrade fee for the target or MOS models.

Wait time to receive an award Glock is running 9 months, I'm told. :-(

Retired professional sport shooter that now runs a forum, www.brianenos.com, featuring products, information, and a discussion format board.  The board functions the same as others on the net, an area is dedicated to buy/sell format.

• Like 2

Monmouth Arms lists G19 Gen 4 for $545 on their site plus NICS and sales tax - seems the best going price to me.

RTSP listed Glocks at $575 on their site so even with the non-member Glock weekend sale (and I wasn't able to attend so I don't have actual pricing) it brought it to the same price Steve sells them for.

Yes, the Glock award certificates are transferable and will get you any of the basic gen 3 guns, with a small upgrade fee for a gem 4, or a larger upgrade fee for the target or MOS models.

Wait time to receive an award Glock is running 9 months, I'm told. :-(

What's an award glock?

The same thing you get with a gssf membership.

It's a certificate that allows you to buy certain glocks for certain prices. Which is blue label pricing.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Actually, an award Glock is a freebie. Glock runs GSSF matches all over the country (the nearest to most of us is at Central Jersey next month). Win one of the events and you win an award Glock certificate. To keep the interest level high, Glock limits competitors to winning a single gun per match, so it's possible to finish down a spot or two and still win the gun, and they also throw in a number of random award Glocks-so anybody has a chance. I believe there were over 20 guns awarded last year at the central jersey match

Get a gssf 2 year membership for $60. Get a blue label at rtsp for $425

Nice!  With the $120+ in savings on each it more than pays for itself -

If I'm reading the membership form right its one purchase per year, so if you buy a 2 year membership I understand you get one coupon with your membership card but do they send you another coupon after a year??

Nice! With the $120+ in savings on each it more than pays for itself -

If I'm reading the membership form right its one purchase per year, so if you buy a 2 year membership I understand you get one coupon with your membership card but do they send you another coupon after a year??

That is correct, with a two year membership you get one coupon immediately, and one at the end of your first year. With a one year membership you get your coupon at the end of the year.

None of that costs a buck.  If you want a good bang for a buck get a 500, it's about a buck each time you pull the trigger and it makes a helluva bang.  

• Like 1

Nice! With the $120+ in savings on each it more than pays for itself -

. Just remember to get a 2 year membership or you don't get your coupon until after you renew with a 1 year membership

That is correct, with a two year membership you get one coupon immediately, and one at the end of your first year. With a one year membership you get your coupon at the end of the year.

Thats perfect - I'm waiting on permits as we speak (2 weeks out) so I'll send in my membership and have my first coupon ready to go when my permits come in - and it will give me an excuse to buy another (or a 3rd) Glock next year!

• Like 1