Sign in to follow this  
mintbore

EAA Witness opinions

Good morning all,

Looking to pick up a basic inexpensive polymer 9. Never owned a "plastic" striker gun before, and don't want to invest too much if it's not to my liking. The "Witness" seems to have some good press, and was hoping for some first hand knowledge. Also open to other sub $400 options.

Thanks!

I have a Tanfoglio EAA, full sized 9mm, polymer frame. It's a good gun. Easy to shoot. Accurate. Reliable. Standard mags are 16 rounds but 15 rounders are available. The only down side to the gun is that the front sight is a machined part of the slide, thus not easily replaceable. It's good enough but if I wanted a better sight it would require machining the slide which probably costs 1/2 the guns value.

If you are in the Cape May / Cumberland County area I'll be happy to let you try it.

I have a match 10mm. It's great but their was a rash of frame issues and bad customer service. I'm not sure I'd buy it again but it does shoot really well. You're welcome to try it if you'd like.

https://eaacorp.com/index.php/guns/handguns/witness-elite-match-93

I paid about 720 new.

Good morning all,

Looking to pick up a basic inexpensive polymer 9. Never owned a "plastic" striker gun before, and don't want to invest too much if it's not to my liking. The "Witness" seems to have some good press, and was hoping for some first hand knowledge. Also open to other sub $400 options.

Thanks!

The EAA Witness has a hammer and is DA/SA, so if you're looking for a striker fired gun, look elsewhere.

Go online to Gunbroker. Find an auction for a BNIB Gen3 Glock 19/17.

Bid 399.

There you go... sub $400 polymer 9mm that wont break, make you doubt your purchase, you wont want to sell it two months after purchase because you should have bought something else, mags are cheap as dirt, upgrades are cheap as dirt, holsters are cheap as dirt etc etc etc.

I am not a glock fanboy... I just want to save you time and money.

• Like 1