CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Nice surprise in the box today! All that comes is just the card. No letter or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll one up you on the photo, and show part of the card too :)

29569333753_b93cf6bee5_b_d.jpg

I had mailed my application on August 31st, and they cashed my check on Sept 26th.  They mailed the card to me Oct 6th and it arrived today.  Now here is the funny thing, on the 3rd I got pre-shipment notification from USPS that something was coming, but no other info, then I got the list of actions periodically about something that was coming.  Just got my mail a few minutes ago (yea my mail got here after 5:30pm on a saturday - don't get me going about that as it would be a long discussion about the crappy USPS).  The only other mail I got today were magazines or junk and the text said what was coming was in the mailbox.  So, I assume they created this stupid trail with the post office that had me wondering for almost a week what was coming since I was not expecting anything:

Updated Delivery Date: October 8, 2016

Service Type: USPS Tracking®

Shipment Activity

Date & Time

Shipping Partner

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

RANDOLPH, NJ 07869

October 8, 2016 5:42 pm

Out for Delivery

RANDOLPH, NJ 07869

October 8, 2016 12:38 pm

Sorting Complete

RANDOLPH, NJ 07869

October 8, 2016 8:49 am

Arrived at Post Office

DOVER, NJ 07801

October 8, 2016 7:01 am

Departed USPS Facility

TETERBORO, NJ 07699

October 6, 2016 11:12 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

TETERBORO, NJ 07699

October 5, 2016 4:53 pm

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

October 3, 2016

Congrats to the new Non-Res NH CCW holders today!

howard, that's really weird that you somehow got tracking. IDK if it would be tied to how you shipped it to them in the first place? I see no tracking number on my envelope or yours. I sent my certified but I didn't get any email with tracking info back. 

Congrats to the new Non-Res NH CCW holders today!

howard, that's really weird that you somehow got tracking. IDK if it would be tied to how you shipped it to them in the first place? I see no tracking number on my envelope or yours. I sent my certified but I didn't get any email with tracking info back. 

Yea I thought it very strange as I just mailed with a regular stamp as well.  But the post office said the item was in my mailbox, and BusinessWeek and other junk mail don't get tracking numbers so this had to be it.  Unlike with private delivery companies, the USPS tracking garbage does not tell you who and item is from or what it might be.

EDIT

False alarm on the tracking.  Just went through the junk mail and I read the label on a plastic wrapped junk catalog for some furniture and rug place called RH in San Francisco and they had a tracking number for the junk catalog.  Very strange as it was addressed to me "or" Current Resident.  Who puts a tracking number on something that they don't care who gets it.  Very strange indeed! 

Well, I did get mine. Not sure if it came yesterday or Friday, I live in a 2 story house where the first floor is rented by another couple and I have the 2nd and my mail today was in their mailbox.

Question - how timely do you need to be with updating these non-res permits with an updated address once you move? We plan on moving by next summer. I was thinking I would wait to apply for my Florida permit until then so it's less I have to go back and have updated.

Do they even check your references? Haven't seen it mentioned

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

99.9% they do not check your references. I haven't seen a single person say their were checked, only have gotten no's for being checked. Mine also weren't checked. 

NH permit "may" soon not be valid in PA after the elections unless the Republican Sen. John C. Rafferty Jr running for Attorney General seat wins election. Because the other guy Josh Shapiro is a weasel endorsed by CeaseFire PA, Everytown, and Moms Demand Action. Bloomberg also just gave him huge $ to put him at a 4-to-1 funding lead over Rafferty. Shapiro wants to cut reciprocity agreements, implement “model gun show procedures”, expanded background checks to cover private sales of long guns and more.

http://www.guns.com/2016/10/17/pennsylvania-ag-race-one-of-sharp-divide-over-gun-policy/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5804d4b304d3011c9300b79b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Pennsylvania AG race one of sharp divide over gun policy
10/17/16| by Chris Eger

Pennsylvania.AG_.race_.one_.of_.sharp_.d

John Rafferty and Josh Shapiro are nominees for Pennsylvania Attorney General (Photo: WPMT)

The two candidates vying to become the Keystone State’s top law enforcement officer have very different views on gun control.

Replacing outgoing Attorney General Kathleen Kane — the first Democrat ever elected to the position and now on her way to jail on felony perjury charges — will be either fellow Democrat Montgomery County Commissioner Josh Shapiro or Republican state Sen. John C. Rafferty Jr. Both men are from the Pittsburgh area but come with opposing viewpoints on gun politics.

Shapiro, in an editorial penned earlier this year for The York Daily Record, promised to implement “model gun show procedures” to crack down on sales in parking lots as well as prosecute prohibited firearms purchasers who fail background checks to buy guns while planning to step up straw purchasing awareness.

Moving past that, he wants to review Pennsylvania’s concealed carry reciprocity agreements and sever those he finds do not mirror the state’s own guidelines for issuance. A similar move by Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring earlier this year sparked outrage among gun owners and conservative lawmakers there and was quickly rolled back.

Next on Shaprio’s list are expanded background checks to cover private sales of long guns. The state currently has a mandate that requires only checks on the private transfers of handguns.

Finally, he wants statewide lost or stolen gun requirements to give cover to municipalities who recently repealed local ordinances under now-stricken Act 192 and avoid having to reestablish them.

“I support the Second Amendment and law-abiding citizens’ rights to own firearms,” says Shapiro. “I also believe we can work together to strengthen our policies to reduce and prevent gun violence, prosecute criminals and make Pennsylvania safer for all our citizens.”

This has won him support from CeaseFire Pennsylvania who only spoke with Democratic candidates before making their endorsement. National gun control groups to include Everytown and Moms Demand Action also are throwing weight behind Shapiro. Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has dropped at least $250,000 into the pot for the candidate, helping to push him to a 4-to-1 funding lead over his opponent.

As for Rafferty, the former Pennsylvania Deputy Attorney General points to his prosecutorial and legislative record to show he is tough on crime. He cites that he was instrumental in the passage of the Brad Fox Law that raises penalties for firearm straw purchasers. Fox was a police officer in Plymouth Township who was fatally shot by a man using a gun illegally purchased for him and to date several straw purchasing cases have been tried under the new mandate.

This is tempered with a “no-politics” pledge he has issued to enforce state law as written while working to combat Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, target child predators and increase school safety.

He is also a fan of strong state preemption laws, which would halt local gun control ordinances.

“Whatever the laws are throughout the Commonwealth, they should be consistent throughout all 67 counties,” said Rafferty on WITF’s Smart Talk.  “If that’s going to happen, then the legislature would have to take up that initiative and the legislature would have to pass it to get it to the governor for his signature.”

Rafferty is well-liked by gun rights groups including the National Rifle Association who have given Shapiro a “D” grade on Second Amendment issues while awarding the Republican an A-.

“John Rafferty, Jr. has a proven record of support for the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding citizens,” said Chris W. Cox, chair of the NRAs’ Political Victory Fund. “It is critical that Pennsylvania elects an attorney general who is willing to stand up to the extreme anti-gun agenda that’s being pushed by political elites like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Michael Bloomberg.”

It will be up to Pennsylvania’s voters to decide on Nov. 8.

NH had changed their law so there was no NR CCW without your home state CCW.  This made a change in PA a non issue for DA Kane (now gone).  NH then through a court ruling changed their law an NR CCW was again issued.  PA has not yet responded to that change.  So your NH  NR CCW is GTG at the present time.  All future bets are off until after the election and subsequent "changing of the guard" in January 2018.

I an hoping for a Republican win and the agreement going back the way it was before.

• Like 1

NH had changed their law so there was no NR CCW without your home state CCW.  This made a change in PA a non issue for DA Kane (now gone).  NH then through a court ruling changed their law an NR CCW was again issued.  PA has not yet responded to that change.  So your NH  NR CCW is GTG at the present time.  All future bets are off until after the election and subsequent "changing of the guard" in January 2018.

I an hoping for a Republican win and the agreement going back the way it was before.

If Kane could have eliminated NH she would have. She didn't. NH had its own reasons for requiring a resident CCP related to THEIR STATE and not to spite NJ residents who travel to PA. Of course anything can happen with a new AG. It might be worth revisiting the UT question regardless. In this environment you can never have too many state carry permits.