CMJeepster

Meanwhile in New Hampshire...

Permit is in hand.. !

So, just to recap since this thread got all convoluted, you sent to the NH Department of Safety, Division of State Police, Permits and Licensing Unit the following:

--NH Non resident CCW application that requires 3 references,

--A copy of your NJ FPID, and

--A check for $100.00

Nothing else.

And it took about a month to get the CCW.

Correct?

• Like 1

So, just to recap since this thread got all convoluted, you sent to the NH Department of Safety, Division of State Police, Permits and Licensing Unit the following:

--A check for $100.00

Nothing else.

Correct?

Didnt even send NJFID

--A check for $100.00

Nothing else.

Correct?

Didnt even send NJFID

Yeah he just wrote the FID number in where it asked for the Home State CCW.

Thanks djw2033 for being the guinea pig on this one! I'm gonna send in my application in a month or two, have some other things in the work right now even though it's only $100. By then I'll get to see if others with just FID get honored also. I would assume since they already issued it once it would set a precedent and they would have to issue all anyway.

Do it quick before the PA AG finds out.

This is what worries me!  I am now wondering if it's worth spending $100.  I sent for my Florida CCW thinking for sure I would need it to get NH.

Now that I find you only need to fill out the form and send a check. I can think of many people I know that would qualify for the NH non resident CCW

that have never touched a gun and quite a few that probably should never touch one! As far as the 3 references go, they do not ask for a phone number

and apparently don't contact them at all.

It will be a miracle if PA does not make a change really soon. I really don't know what to do now! Any opinions?

Well, you have two now, get it and see what happens, or forget it until after the November elections as she is out in January, and her trial starts in October.  Of course she can screw the pooch up to her last day in office or she gets convicted.  Other than that who knows. I'm debating the same, for now decided to invest more in "shootable infrastructure", if you know what I mean. Cause come 2018, the BOHICA NJ starts again.

Yeah he just wrote the FID number in where it asked for the Home State CCW.

Thanks djw2033 for being the guinea pig on this one! I'm gonna send in my application in a month or two, have some other things in the work right now even though it's only $100. By then I'll get to see if others with just FID get honored also. I would assume since they already issued it once it would set a precedent and they would have to issue all anyway.

You don't even need a FID! Just fill out the form and send $100. Just leave the spot for CCW# blank!

My app, $100 check, and copies of my FL CCW and NJ FPID went in today's mail.

Now to shop for an IWB holster for my XDS45 (now that I've dropped 20 lbs!)

Plus if you don't already have it, Don't forget to get your holster endorsement so you can use our practical range at the club to do some live holster and shooting drills.

I know this maybe redundant, but how did you obtain a NH out-of-state CCW when you cannot produce a NJ CCW permit?   According to the application, as I read it, it says to include the front and back copies of "your state's" CCW permit. 

Also, what do you put as the reason for why you want to carry in NH? The application says "protection" or " all proper purposes".  What do you put down? 

thanks,

S. 

I know this maybe redundant, but how did you obtain a NH out-of-state CCW when you cannot produce a NJ CCW permit?   According to the application, as I read it, it says to include the front and back copies of "your state's" CCW permit. 

Also, what do you put as the reason for why you want to carry in NH? The application says "protection" or " all proper purposes".  What do you put down? 

thanks,

S. 

Forget what the application says!  Leave that space blank and send the check.  You will get your permit in about a month.  You don't even need a NJFID card and they will not contact your references!

Forget what the application says!  Leave that space blank and send the check.  You will get your permit in about a month.  You don't even need a NJFID card and they will not contact your references!

What JohnnyB said, lets hope it doesn't change in the next few weeks when I put the check in the mail.

What JohnnyB said, lets hope it doesn't change in the next few weeks when I put the check in the mail.

That's my conundrum! I don't want to waste $100 that I could put to better use if things change. Which I think they will!

My check got cashed on Friday 7/22.  I sent the application in just before the 4th I think.

I put my FID # on the application but included front/back color copies of both FID and FL Non Resident Permit.  Exciting! I'll be in PA a few times this summer :D

That's my conundrum! I don't want to waste $100 that I could put to better use if things change. Which I think they will!

Honestly, after reading the NH reciprocity agreement again, I decided not to bother with NH. In my opinion, even if you received the permit, it would be a waste of money.