Sign in to follow this  
BryanRT360

refinished my ptr.

Bought a ptr 91 GI last year off Jack T.  (Wish I would of waited till the current stock was out, basically a lot of the upgrades I made now come standard)  

Anyway,  I sourced some wood furniture for it( tough to find since ptr bought all the surplus, handguards at least.) Stripped the old finish off, few coats of red sondona stain and about 15 coats of tru oil. Painted any metal part with Hk black Duracoat. Added a ptr tac latch paddle release, Bill Springfield trigger pack and his heavy buffer,  bought a metal trigger housing. Hk sling, Also went with a PWS comp.

Before

IMAG0202_zpsyj03xzwe.jpg

After

IMAG0246_zpsfmtaq0mt.jpg

IMAG0247_zpsaplxumya.jpg

Next project is a 9mm AR.   Stripped glock mag lower from psa will be aat FFL

tomorrow and rest of parts should be in as well.

• Like 1

damn that looks good!  you did a great job with the duracoat and wood refinishing

how's that bill springfield trigger pack??  when I had my PTR I always contemplated sending mine in to get the trigger tuned

damn that looks good!  you did a great job with the duracoat and wood refinishing

how's that bill springfield trigger pack??  when I had my PTR I always contemplated sending mine in to get the trigger tuned

Thank you! 

Absolutely worth it.  Made a decent improvement in my group's. 

100yrds with a 12x and a bipod,  and my glass is slightly out of square to the receiver. This is a 18" hk profile barrel, not the heavy barrel.

IMAG0225_zpsqlnwuvck.jpg

not bad at all...  it's not easy shooting tight groups with such a heavy trigger lol

what are you using to mount the scope?  claw mount?  I had great luck with a B&T

Utg claw.  It holds zero just fine, even after taking it on and off each time I take it to the range

Bought a ptr 91 GI last year off Jack T.  (Wish I would of waited till the current stock was out, basically a lot of the upgrades I made now come standard)  

Anyway,  I sourced some wood furniture for it( tough to find since ptr bought all the surplus, handguards at least.) Stripped the old finish off, few coats of red sondona stain and about 15 coats of tru oil. Painted any metal part with Hk black Duracoat. Added a ptr tac latch paddle release, Bill Springfield trigger pack and his heavy buffer,  bought a metal trigger housing. Hk sling, Also went with a PWS comp.

Before

IMAG0202_zpsyj03xzwe.jpg

After

IMAG0246_zpsfmtaq0mt.jpg

IMAG0247_zpsaplxumya.jpg

Next project is a 9mm AR.   Stripped glock mag lower from psa will be aat FFL

tomorrow and rest of parts should be in as well.

Whoa . it looks great.

I commented that I thought this rifle looked great.  My nephew is saving to get a PTR so I showed him this one and he said it looked "bangin'."  I said all guns go bang and he stared at me?  What language do these kids speak?

I commented that I thought this rifle looked great. My nephew is saving to get a PTR so I showed him this one and he said it looked "bangin'." I said all guns go bang and he stared at me? What language do these kids speak?

Hella dope yo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk