Sign in to follow this  
svt3183

Tula through a Rossi lever?

Anyone have experience running Tula 357 through a Rossi lever gun? I am a bit nervous about buying a case of it if it will be a problem, especially since I read a lot of revolvers have issues with the cases getting stuck. Thanks

Anyone have experience running Tula 357 through a Rossi lever gun? I am a bit nervous about buying a case of it if it will be a problem, especially since I read a lot of revolvers have issues with the cases getting stuck. Thanks

My wife bought me a Rossi lever rifle in .357 30 years ago. It's been a safe queen and I never got the chance took the time to fire it. What do you think of that rifle since you have used yours?

I admittedly shot it only once but loved it - so much fun and blew through like 300+ rounds no sweat. It's more fun to plink then target shoot. As I mentioned, 38 in it is super soft. 357 is more fun IMO but more $ too. I'm really looking forward to shooting it again more so then my AR's and AK's. I want to wear it in more then work on the action a bit.

My wife bought me a Rossi lever rifle in .357 30 years ago. It's been a safe queen and I never got the chance took the time to fire it. What do you think of that rifle since you have used yours?

That's my problem. I always take my AR's and AK and a Mosin but leave that that one in the back of the safe. It looks like it would be fun to shoot!

I will take it out on my next range trip and break it's cherry. Based on your advice, I will leave the .38 ammo home.

I very recently just sighted in my new Henry 357 at 50 yds, my back yard bore sight was spot on thankyou! Couldnt see too well with the irons. Anyway I was punching the center dot but my mistake was sighting in with 38s. Went to 357 and I guess the trajectory was so different they werent even on paper. Was a bit disappointed but by then my old eyes were calling the quits after3,4 hrs of shooting other guns.That lever gun is fun, especiallly after I sewed on some padded leather lol, just need to figure out how all the dif ammo shoots.

ETA: and to the OP's question, I have no experience running the tula but i would think that the lever action and ejector on one spent case has a lot more persuasion to eject than a wimpy little push rod/star on a revo pushing out multiple spent cases. jusy my opinion.