Soooooooo the summary of this is that basically the Court said screw our Constitution - in order to examine this case let's look to the British Bill of Rights under a King - that's the precedent of our land!

So much fail....

What depresses me is not that they dug up some trash about public safety, population density, the usual crap. That's the bottom of the slippery slope where we find ourselves in NJ, where at least there's some pretense of reasoning supported by the legitimate (but often misapplied) notion that no rights are absolute. But here they essentially said that the 2nd Amendment does not exist. To me that's a new argument. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Unrelated to this topic, but I just read this today: http://bit.ly/1Pk8xp2

It's about a new "program" in Oklahoma where the highwaymen in uniform can not only take anything they "suspect" has been used in a crime, but can use a new electronic device to drain prepaid debit cards of drivers they stop.

Again, this is law or policy that was enacted in broad daylight, by individuals who could be unelected or recalled (or tarred and feathered). Yet they keep their jobs. They get re-elected by posing with their $5,000 shotguns at pro-2A rallies, vowing that your God-Given Natural & Constitutional Rights will never be violated. 

Oklahoma, btw, has gun laws that are very similar to those in PA. So you can carry carry carry carry but the Geheimstatpolizei can steal from citizens with impunity. Good to know, according to the pro-2A propaganda machine, that cops everywhere overwhelmingly support the 2nd Amendment. Yippie ty-oh-ty-ayye.

^^So with that being said, what places are safest out of the 50?  Texas?  Tennessee?  Vermont?  My wife wants to move to North Carolina, but it has 3 very blue areas and a lot of unSAFE act imports from the Northeast metropolis - I was looking at Knoxville TN as well, somewhere suburban and I can probably find work in the city there.

The way things are going if we can set up in NC just to get out of Jersey, maybe work for another 20 years and we can retire to Texas (she says its too hot but I think she'd rather sweat and be slim than have her freedoms usurped any more)

This is the best plain-language summary I've seen of the court's tortured non-reasoning:

http://bit.ly/1syrgrU

That article almost made my head explode!  Basically, the court said F the Constitution, F the people, we're doing whatever we want.  

Call me an optimist but I am not sure this ruling would stand even with the 8 current SCOTUS justices. They might do what they did in MA with stun guns and at least remand it back to the state to rule based on the US Constitution not the Kings rules.

You're not an optimist you're delusional. Sit down and have a warm glass of milk.

^^So with that being said, what places are safest out of the 50?  Texas?  Tennessee?  Vermont?  My wife wants to move to North Carolina, but it has 3 very blue areas and a lot of unSAFE act imports from the Northeast metropolis - I was looking at Knoxville TN as well, somewhere suburban and I can probably find work in the city there.

The way things are going if we can set up in NC just to get out of Jersey, maybe work for another 20 years and we can retire to Texas (she says its too hot but I think she'd rather sweat and be slim than have her freedoms usurped any more)

Long term your best bet is in the whitest areas of the whitest, least ethnic states. Nowhere in the south qualifies to my knowledge. I say this as a rather swarthy Mediterranean type.

Those places will fall too, but hopefully not in your lifetime.

Long term your best bet is in the whitest areas of the whitest, least ethnic states. Nowhere in the south qualifies to my knowledge. I say this as a rather swarthy Mediterranean type.

Those places will fall too, but hopefully not in your lifetime.

Should we just off ourselves now?  Or wait for your signal?

Should we just off ourselves now?  Or wait for your signal?

Wait for the sign from my heavenly father on high: A golden three-headed calf, suckled by a lactating she-bitch, giving birth to Hillary while singing Sewanee.

Wait for the sign from my heavenly father on high: A golden three-headed calf, suckled by a lactating she-bitch, giving birth to Hillary while singing Sewanee.

If I saw that I'd get pop corn and a cattle prod for Clinton.

Very funny. Touche'

Their main point is that Heller doesn't talk about arms outside your house.

So where in the words of the second amendment are these artificial limitations coming from.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

They purposely misread Scalia's words to change reasonable limitations (like not allowing committed people to own guns) to somehow magically mean that all citizens fall into this limitation. This is plain nonsense. We really need a Scalia like justice to be on the court!

They'll just kill him (or her) too..............

They ain't all bad. Jus sayen

This video has doubled my faith in humanity. From 2% to 4%. She should go on a speaking tour of the Northeast.

I wish this lady all the best. 

BTW her county is about 3/4 the size of New Jersey. Sigh.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/2yk12KQVRhI

They ain't all bad. Jus sayen

Ok, is there ANY county in NJ where we can get a county Judge (since thats who decides here) who will think like this clear headed woman???

Because..... If that is possible, I'd say we all enter into a joint condo rental in the county, set it as our home address and get our damn carry permits.

Their main point is that Heller doesn't talk about arms outside your house.

So where in the words of the second amendment are these artificial limitations coming from.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

They purposely misread Scalia's words to change reasonable limitations (like not allowing committed people to own guns) to somehow magically mean that all citizens fall into this limitation. This is plain nonsense. We really need a Scalia like justice to be on the court!

They'll just kill him (or her) too..............

That's why this will be over turned if it sees the Supreme Court after a Trump win.