Ramup422

Po6 NJ Carry challenge: COUNT I – VIOLATION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT

No money, no lawsuit continuation.

How did your court challenge to justifiable need work out John? You get your case to the Supreme Court yet for your carry permit denial?

BTW, Al was wondering if you were enjoying pleasuring Bach? Pretty sure he was thinking of sending you a care package, of chap stick and new knee pads.

Nice one Centurion. 

• Like 1

No money, no lawsuit continuation.

How did your court challenge to justifiable need work out John? You get your case to the Supreme Court yet for your carry permit denial?

BTW, Al was wondering if you were enjoying pleasuring Bach? Pretty sure he was thinking of sending you a care package, of chap stick and new knee pads.

You obviously haven't been paying attention, the POS lawsuit didn't challenge "justifiable need".  How many times have you been wrong this week?   Maybe you should bone up on your 2A jurisprudence instead of copy-pasting other people's jokes.  

Speaking of which, it wasn't funny the first time, and isn't funny now.  At least be clever in some way.  Tell him thanks for proving me right, again.  I always enjoy that.   

You obviously haven't been paying attention, the POS lawsuit didn't challenge "justifiable need". How many times have you been wrong this week? Maybe you should bone up on your 2A jurisprudence instead of copy-pasting other people's jokes.

Speaking of which, it wasn't funny the first time, and isn't funny now. At least be clever in some way. Tell him thanks for proving me right, again. I always enjoy that.

I wasn't talking about PO6's lawsuit. I was talking about your suit... you talk a lot, but with zero action, except organizing safecon. How are you personally fighting to end justifiable need? Until you are in a courtroom actually doing something, you should probably keep your opinion to yourself. While you're talking about how bad NJ is others are actually doing things about it through action, not always successfully. But it beats the hell out of just sitting around bitching about how bad it sucks.

And I didn't copy and paste anything. Al actually asked me to ask you. I'm sorry you don't find the same humor in it that we do...

I wasn't talking about PO6's lawsuit. I was talking about your suit... you talk a lot, but with zero action, except organizing safecon. How are you personally fighting to end justifiable need? Until you are in a courtroom actually doing something, you should probably keep your opinion to yourself. While you're talking about how bad NJ is others are actually doing things about it through action, not always successfully. But it beats the hell out of just sitting around bitching about how bad it sucks.

And I didn't copy and paste anything. Al actually asked me to ask you. I'm sorry you don't find the same humor in it that we do...

Sure you weren't.  Not that it matters, and its been said before, there are plenty of federal cases that need to be sorted out.  A new federal case from New Jersey right now isn't really that important.  I don't expect much to change until we get a flip on SCOTUS, because we need a SCOTUS victory on carry, from any state will do, to overcome the 3rd Circuit ruling.  Best case scenario, Trump's nominee puts back to status quo with what we had with Scalia. 

I take this seriously and expect others who call themselves activists to do the same.  I try to help 2A advocates be better informed.  I study the news, the laws, the constitutional issues, & the strategy.  If I have the opportunity to help other groups or people, I do. 

You know about some of what I do.  But not all.  I've done a blog, the podcast & the conference.  I've helped other groups with photos or videos.  Frankly, the judicial approach is important, but its not all that matters.  There are two more branches of government that are still relevant.  Not to mention that to make any meaningful change here, and to have it stick, we need to grow the community for which 2A means something. That, to me, is the most important long term goal.  

Al never provided good answers on strategy because he doesn't give a shit.  It was never about the movement, it was all about one permit, and he got it.  So he "won"?  What did everyone who donated to that case get? A t-shirt?  A patch?  And now you're here as his message boy or something.   This is too rich.

And you're blaming it on no money? The POS strategy of calling everyone names didn't bring in tons of cash?  You guys kept telling us all you knew how to win and we were just afraid to win, but you would win anyway!  

I normally don't take pleasure in people's losses, but POS was a scam that deserved to crash.

Sure you weren't. Not that it matters, and its been said before, there are plenty of federal cases that need to be sorted out. A new federal case from New Jersey right now isn't really that important. I don't expect much to change until we get a flip on SCOTUS, because we need a SCOTUS victory on carry, from any state will do, to overcome the 3rd Circuit ruling. Best case scenario, Trump's nominee puts back to status quo with what we had with Scalia.

I take this seriously and expect others who call themselves activists to do the same. I try to help 2A advocates be better informed. I study the news, the laws, the constitutional issues, & the strategy. If I have the opportunity to help other groups or people, I do.

You know about some of what I do. But not all. I've done a blog, the podcast & the conference. I've helped other groups with photos or videos. Frankly, the judicial approach is important, but its not all that matters. There are two more branches of government that are still relevant. Not to mention that to make any meaningful change here, and to have it stick, we need to grow the community for which 2A means something. That, to me, is the most important long term goal.

Al never provided good answers on strategy because he doesn't give a shit. It was never about the movement, it was all about one permit, and he got it. So he "won"? What did everyone who donated to that case get? A t-shirt? A patch? And now you're here as his message boy or something. This is too rich.

And you're blaming it on no money? The POS strategy of calling everyone names didn't bring in tons of cash? You guys kept telling us all you knew how to win and we were just afraid to win, but you would win anyway!

I normally don't take pleasure in people's losses, but POS was a scam that deserved to crash.

I follow your blog. And I read it. I also listen to your podcast. It's informative.

PO6 wasn't a total loss, they did get some results for everyone in NJ beyond just getting Albert a permit. There's a decision coming on the NJ stun gun/tazer ban in another court case. It's not huge, but it's another chip in the wall in all of our favor, depending on how the AG decides to allow us to use them is still yet to be seen. That's something that will benefit all NJ residents that choose to own them. The state basically conceded to the fact that their ban for civilian ownership is unconstitutional. That will definitely be chalked up as a PO6 victory when it's finalized. Probably about as big a victory as ANJRCP getting NH to issue NJ non resident permits. As I saw you compare on Facebook the other day, which was a bigger accomplishment.

Without further funding, and the other plaintiff in the case willing to continue, it's impossible to keep the original case going. I'm sure you understand how that works.

I follow your blog. And I read it. I also listen to your podcast.

PO6 wasn't a total loss, they did get some results for everyone in NJ beyond just getting Albert a permit. There's a decision coming on the NJ stun gun/tazer ban in another court case. It's not huge, but it's another chip in the wall in all of our favor, depending on how the AG decides to allow us to use them is still yet to be seen. But they basically conceded to the fact that their ban for civilian ownership is unconstitutional.

Without further funding and the other plaintiff in the case willing to continue, it's impossible to keep the original case going. I'm sure you understand how that works.

I guess.  But that was a layup after the AG's office conceded the ban was unconstitutional to a public defender.  It was a press release lawsuit that I expect NJ2AS would have pursued with or without POS. 

I follow your blog. And I read it. I also listen to your podcast. It's informative.

Thanks.  I've been drowning in schoolwork this quarter, so we've been on a bit of a break.  

The blog I used to do has been dead for a while.  I've been confused with BearingArms.com but that's not me.  (I wish it was!). 

• Like 1

I guess. But that was a layup after the AG's office conceded the ban was unconstitutional to a public defender. It was a press release lawsuit that I expect NJ2AS would have pursued with or without POS.

It was a combined effort between the two organizations, using the PO6 lawyer. And a PO6 member as the plaintiff. Pretty sure the suit came before the AG issued an opinion. I don't have all the time lines for that, and I really don't feel like looking for them (it's not that important for this conversation). What the suit did accomplish was for the AG to now actually have to come up with actual wording to amend the administrative code. Without the suit the AG could have drug his feet on this forever.

You obviously haven't been paying attention, the POS lawsuit didn't challenge "justifiable need".  How many times have you been wrong this week?   Maybe you should bone up on your 2A jurisprudence instead of copy-pasting other people's jokes.  

Speaking of which, it wasn't funny the first time, and isn't funny now.  At least be clever in some way.  Tell him thanks for proving me right, again.  I always enjoy that.   

This was obvious from the start, which I pointed out here and to Almeida directly. Others did the same. The problem is that as a group NJ gun owners are so desperate they grasp at whatever has the flashiest shine. I don't recall if you were posting here during the, er, glorious Summer of Love, Free Showers, and Ugly T-Shirts of 2015. Our state representatives were supposed to suffer bloody diarrhea. Instead they got constipation. 

As we approach another state election season we are about to miss yet another opportunity to vote out 2 or 3 democrats in close districts. I've demonstrated numerous times how this could be attempted cheaply and possibly even succeed. But again our state organizations and apathetic members, who never fail to beat their breasts publicly for emailing Loretta Weinberg with constitutionally researched pleas ("C'mon, Ms. Weinberg, let us carry guns pretty please!") will sit on their hands and wait for God to appear in the clouds and declare love, law, and guns for all. This year's version is the Hudson bill. Next year maybe a traveling mime troop with an AK theme. 

Over and over.

Hey man you should post links to your stuff. I'm sure it's less fantasy than some of the stuff we read here.

This was obvious from the start, which I pointed out here and to Almeida directly. Others did the same. The problem is that as a group NJ gun owners are so desperate they grasp at whatever has the flashiest shine. I don't recall if you were posting here during the, er, glorious Summer of Love, Free Showers, and Ugly T-Shirts of 2015. Our state representatives were supposed to suffer bloody diarrhea. Instead they got constipation. 

As we approach another state election season we are about to miss yet another opportunity to vote out 2 or 3 democrats in close districts. I've demonstrated numerous times how this could be attempted cheaply and possibly even succeed. But again our state organizations and apathetic members, who never fail to beat their breasts publicly for emailing Loretta Weinberg with constitutionally researched pleas ("C'mon, Ms. Weinberg, let us carry guns pretty please!") will sit on their hands and wait for God to appear in the clouds and declare love, law, and guns for all. This year's version is the Hudson bill. Next year maybe a traveling mime troop with an AK theme. 

Over and over.

Hey man you should post links to your stuff. I'm sure it's less fantasy than some of the stuff we read here.

I've been a lurker here for a while, started posting more recently. 

A agree that defeating only a couple of dems would force most to reconsider their direction on these things, but its hard for any of the organizations to stake their credibility on it.  If and when it eventually happens its going to be from outside the orgs, even if the orgs might be willing to support it quietly until it gains momentum.  IMO.

I've linked to my show or the conference when it's relevant to a particular point.  Try to be careful not to spam things, it's easy to do if I'm not careful between the two brands.  

Haven't been writing 2A content for a while though, mostly the podcast and the conference.  There is quite a bit of conference video up on YouTube now for perusing at your leisure. 

http://beararmsshow.com

http://njsafecon.net

I've been a lurker here for a while, started posting more recently. 

A agree that defeating only a couple of dems would force most to reconsider their direction on these things, but its hard for any of the organizations to stake their credibility on it.  If and when it eventually happens its going to be from outside the orgs, even if the orgs might be willing to support it quietly until it gains momentum.  IMO.

I've linked to my show or the conference when it's relevant to a particular point.  Try to be careful not to spam things, it's easy to do if I'm not careful between the two brands.  

Haven't been writing 2A content for a while though, mostly the podcast and the conference.  There is quite a bit of conference video up on YouTube now for perusing at your leisure. 

http://beararmsshow.com

http://njsafecon.net

What's cool about "get out the vote" is it can occur virally, as a series of small steps, and at very little cost. You don't need huge mailing lists (although these can be had), you don't have to spend long hours on hot summer days getting sprinked. The orgs don't even have to get directly involved although that would (in most cases) help. I'll check out your website.

What's cool about "get out the vote" is it can occur virally, as a series of small steps, and at very little cost. You don't need huge mailing lists (although these can be had), you don't have to spend long hours on hot summer days getting sprinked. The orgs don't even have to get directly involved although that would (in most cases) help. I'll check out your website.

It would be great.  Hopefully the legislature doesn't get completely overshadowed by governors race.  

Thanks, its appreciated!