Heavyopp

.22 rimfire ammo -- Still hard to find?

My FFL called today -- says he has a few cases of Aguila .22 rimfire he picked up

Is .22 rimfire ammo still hard to find?

I haven't bought in a few years -- I'm still fairly well stocked 

Anyway, says he has standard and high velocity stuff for $43 per 500 rnds

Is this a good price?

Last time I bought in bulk it was $16.99 for 525 rnds of federal -- I guess those days are long gone...

My FFL called today -- says he has a few cases of Aguila .22 rimfire he picked up

Is .22 rimfire ammo still hard to find?

Has been showing up regularly on online sights but selling out depending on price, Some have limits.  Target Sports USA was selling a case of Automatch for 239.90 shipped yesterday sold out in about 2 hours  Gander Mountain was selling same for 24.99 box limit 5 free ship until Orlando mess.

I haven't bought in a few years -- I'm still fairly well stocked 

Then just sit on it for now, I am. When hoopla quiets down we will see.

Anyway, says he has standard and high velocity stuff for $43 per 500 rnds

High I would pass

Is this a good price?

Not really

Last time I bought in bulk it was $16.99 for 525 rnds of federal -- I guess those days are long gone...

If I knew then what I know now, I would be rich!

I was paying 8.50+tax locally per pack of 100 CCI hollow pointers.
They haven't had the non-hollows on stock for 6+ months now, for some reason. Every time i stop in, that's all they have at heritage... I hate taking them to the range because it's another reason to get hassled by uneducated PO's. That's about the cheapest i've seen them anywhere, though. If i found a good deal i'd buy a few thousand right now..

Unlike two years ago, you can find 22lr any day of the week now.  It may not be your favorite brand or 2012  prices, but you can find it. The best way to find the good(ish) deals is to get on mailing lists (Cabelas, SGAmmo, etc.) and check them in the a.m..  Last week I snagged four boxes of Troy Landry CCI Mini-Mags from Cabelas web site.  It took about eight hours for them to sell out.  Back in `14 they'd have been gone in minutes.