Njpigeon13

FFL TRANSFER FEES TOO HIGH - Where to go?

you're right by me.

wortendyke arms (jeff - by appt) - I believe he charges $40

oakridge firearms (tom - forum sponsor) - I think it's $40 as well

I would stay away from jerseypolicesupply (Mike's guns) and bergen sport shop which are closest to us... horrible experiences at both

you're right by me.

wortendyke arms (jeff - by appt) - I believe he charges $40

oakridge firearms (tom - forum sponsor) - I think it's $40 as well

I would stay away from jerseypolicesupply (Mike's guns) and bergen sport shop which are closest to us... horrible experiences at both

just to clarify Jeff WortArms is $25 fee + NICs, not sure about others. He is in Midland Pk 5 mins off Rt 208/Goffle Rd exit and 30 seconds from me ;)

why not purchase from a nj dealer...there would be no transfer fee just the nics ...save money and support local business?

Good advice!  Otherwise, True Value Hardware in Lincoln Park was charging $40, although I haven't been there in a few years.

Or you could join Woodland Park Range and get it done for $20.

Plus taxes.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Still far less than 40 transfer fee not to mention waiting etc ...say $100 for a lower 7% sales tax = $7......7<40.....unless it's some rare/unobtainable item .....or something half the price I don't see the logic to paying transfer fees on an item that could be bought locally for the same without the transfer fee ...but To each their own

Good advice! Otherwise, True Value Hardware in Lincoln Park was charging $40, although I haven't been there in a few years.

Or you could join Woodland Park Range and get it done for $20.

True Value is gone. The ffl had medical issues a few years back and closed up.

What lower are you buying that is better than what you can find locally? What are you paying for it? I've seen plenty of lowers at LGS in your area.

Still far less than 40 transfer fee not to mention waiting etc ...say $100 for a lower 7% sales tax = $7......7<40.....unless it's some rare/unobtainable item .....or something half the price I don't see the logic to paying transfer fees on an item that could be bought locally for the same without the transfer fee ...but To each their own

Your math is a bit off. The same receiver costs more locally than it does online. Also if you do a few at once, it's still only 1 nics fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICS is a wash no matter which way you purchase, as is 7% of the purchase price compared to the transfer fee. {3.5% in suppressed areas}

EX:

$20 transfer fee = sales tax on $286 item

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Your math is a bit off. The same receiver costs more locally than it does online. Also if you do a few at once, it's still only 1 nics fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my number was based on last week when i was with a friend who bought 3 spikes lowers @ $99 a piece paid tax and one nics fee .....if he had ordered 3 blem/econo lowers for $69 each and then $40 for each transfer or even $40 for first and reduced for the other 2 he woulda at best paid the same for s#$t lowers and waited a week.....but like i said to each their own...if people want to spend a dollar to save a nickel on the front side so be it...  

• Like 2

Police supply shops have exorbitant fees to discourage plebeians from darkening their doorways.  Lanagan's  in Shrewsbury charges $95.

if your not a police officer fire or first aid you will pay. They are nice guys.