Shotgun shootout?

Black River WMA?

Not on the Weekends in the summertime.

Morris County

Black River WMA

Route 513 (Dover-Chester Road)

Chester

Shotgun, Archery 

Shotgun range hours are 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday - Friday ONLY, from the third Saturday in May through the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. (Archery range remains open.) 

Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the rest of the year. 

Range is closed on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.

BTW Clinton WMA allegedly will be undergoing a bunch of construction on the clay range due to irresponsible groups. Not sure when it's to happen.

They will be dividing the field into 6 or 7 stations lanes and building fences (not sure how long) to separate them to limit the number of people in groups allowed to use range. To many complaints of large groups, irresponsible shooting of objects, unsafe practices, hunters complaining of shot near them etc... This was mentioned by a ranger or someone caring for the place on Wednesday to my buddy I shoot there with all the time. He shoots there regularly.

I would like to see a official statement from F&G

What about Flatbrook up in Sussex County. Can go do an accuracy or target shoot of .22LR/.17HMR at their rifle range then go to their shotgun range for clay shooting. It is probably a hike for a lot of you though.

BTW Clinton WMA allegedly will be undergoing a bunch of construction on the clay range due to irresponsible groups. Not sure when it's to happen.

They will be dividing the field into 6 or 7 stations lanes and building fences (not sure how long) to separate them to limit the number of people in groups allowed to use range. To many complaints of large groups, irresponsible shooting of objects, unsafe practices, hunters complaining of shot near them etc... This was mentioned by a ranger or someone caring for the place on Wednesday to my buddy I shoot there with all the time. He shoots there regularly.

I would like to see a official statement from F&G

I heard about the construction plans about a year ago. At that time it had nothing to do with large groups or irresponsible shooters. The state already did this same construction at another WMA and it went over well so they planned on doing it to all the WMAs. That's what I heard anyway.

We may have tons of fun over there but we are never unsafe or irresponsible.

I've seen groups that can be considered those two words. Specifically the guys coming from the city and think it's the wild west out here.

Hopefully the changes are for the better. Any changes made to make the range safer is fine by me. Let's just hope they don't take a year to do work that could take a few guys a couple weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I've been so busy so I haven't really been on the forum much, nonetheless have had time to plan shootouts. I would like to get into the rhythm again but it probably won't be until September. Of course as always, other people can plan them and I urge them to. Just remember we are representing Njgf and firearms enthusiasts in general so keep it safe and keep it fun.

• Like 1