0verholt

Bensalem PA Walmart NO SALE TO NJ

yeah Bensalem Walmart stopped months ago, was hit and miss since Newtown depending on who was working dept. . I used to shop there all the time but now they are a bunch of idiots. I was in there few weeks ago and girl wouldn't sell me ammo but managed to get her to sell me few 12g bulk packs but she was clueless on anything ammo related, said it was store policy. Also the Dicks in Bensalem byFranklin Mills mall also won't sell to u depending on whose working.

The girl at Bensalem said it was for their protection, but in retrospect she also alluded that "someone else here may or may not sell to you". She said her manager made this new policy, citing that they don't know NJ laws which is retarded.

I immediately went over to Bristol, which had a smaller selection but they had the essentials (WWB, Perfecta, Federal). They didn't even ID me. Very nice there though, very lax.

Since I got you all in here, what are the nearby Walmarts like? Levittown or Easton for instance?

At times the Walmart on rt40 in Bear DE wont sell to NJ residents.. Its hit and miss. I've never had an issue with the shotshell bulks packs as that is grab and go. If they have to unlock the cabinet is when they will ask at times.

Does PA law allow stores to discriminate against certain customers based on where they live?  This seems illegal on the surface.  Will they next not sell to people that live in the Philly city limits.

0verholt-

Did they ask you for ID? While it has been a few months since I purchased in those two walmarts or Dick's by the FM Mall, no one has ever asked me for my ID.

S.

The young girl asked me for ID (I look young) and she said the manager no longer allows sale of at least handgun ammo I think to NJ. She said they don't know our laws and it's for their protection. I asked her when they started this new policy and she said fairly recently, few months ago maybe. Perhaps this has to do with that stupid thing going on at Easton with the lawsuit? She stumbly said something like "I don't know who here might have sold to you before, maybe someone else" and I had a huge ? over my head. Anyway I decided not to make it a big deal and I called Bristol and they said they haven't heard of this nonsense so I went over there. Problem solved. I want to check out somewhere else though because Bristol has a tiny island they sell ammo from, very limited only two brands MAX of any caliber.

the gander mountain in middletown ny asks for id specifically for age verification. won't sell to anyone under 18

FEDERAL LAW:

21YOA for Handgun Ammo

18YOA for Long Gun Ammo

FEDERAL LAW:

21YOA for Handgun Ammo

18YOA for Long Gun Ammo

well there you go then. i still want to understand what the reason is for not selling to NJ. or for that matter why some sites won't ship ammo to NJ or ask for a copy of FID before. as far as i know, there are no laws restricting ammo in this dumb state, so why are they giving us a problem?