Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

New Member - Westfield

First time gun owner. Received my FID and 2 permits about two weeks ago. Made my first purchase last week of a new Sig M11-A1 9mm with three 15 round magazines. Went to RTSP over the weekend to try it out and had a lot of fun. Gun was purchased primarily for range use as a new hobby. Currently trying to decide on what the next purchase will be, but narrowed it down to a 45 cal at least. Love the style of the 1911 but not sure if I want to stay with Sig for that or venture elsewhere. The Wilson Combats are beautiful but didn't realize they were so expensive!

Any other owners of the M11-A1 on here?

Welcome..plenty of other options for 1911 type if you choose.. I have a Springfiled MilSpec which has been great for me...youcan also go with a DA/SA

45 such as the FNX-45 which gives you 9mm type capacity with 1911 type operation

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome. I'll wave as I pass your town on the Raritan Valley Line.

RTSP has a "Social Shoot". After hours, invite only, two hours of range time, if using there rentals must purchase ammo from them which is offered at member prices. Great way to try different guns and meet people.

After the two hours they meet at local place to hang out.

I went to my first one this past Sunday. Was a lot of fun. Didn't hang out afterwards because I brought my own guns and didn't feel like becoming a felon for deviating from house to range & directly back to house. Next time I'll just use rental guns so I don't need to concern myself with breaking NJ's ridiculous laws.

welcome to the forums

congrats on the sig!  fantastic pistol.  love my P226 SSE.

in .45acp there are tons of options to choose from... 1911's are also a great platform.  RIA, Springfield, Sig, Colt, STI, Dan wesson, etc... all great choices.  just get a feel for which features you want and shoot as many as you can get your hands on

The Sig M11-A1 was a great choice.  I'd consider picking up something in .22.  When I go to the range I bring both a 9mm and a 22.  It's easier on the wallet and adds a little variety to it.  Then again I rented just about every 9mm at RTSP a few times before I picked my mk25.  Just do the same with the 45 if your set on it.

Welcome, just next door in Cranford. BTW, good choices, I love Sigs. and I love 1911s, Once you buy a 1911 the trigger and overall feel of the gun will make you love them.