sroc112

1911 - Kimber vs. Springfield

Looking to purchase a 45acp 1911 as my next toy. Originally I was thinking another Sig, would love a Wilson but too much money, so thought I'd look into something new and browse the Kimber and Springfield collection.

Looking for some feedback and some pros and cons on each compared to other. Any actual experience or feedback on quality and longevity would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Both great weapons.... Only difference is the money you want to spend. I own 3 Kimbers and all fine shooters. SA are great too....

Don't let the haters hate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always enjoyed Springfields and Kimbers.  Used to have a range officer, but after a while decided to move up to the TRP.

Sig's are really nice 1911's as well and you get a lot of features for the money (front strap checkering, carry bevels, etc...) but they're ALL series 80, which means you have additional fire-control parts with the added firing pin safety.  Supposedly series 80 1911's have a disadvantage in trigger pull, but I can't tell the difference.

Shoot and fondle a bunch and see what you like.

More importantly, what's your budget?

I have a colt combat elite --  Series 80 -- I bought it new back in 1991

Had the trigger worked by a guy named Joe K out of south amboy right when I bought it

This trigger today is still the one I compare all other 1911 triggers to -- And it's still the best I have ever come across 

Point is -- don't let series 80 sway your decision

Nope, will be a little while before I do since I just bought a handgun 2 weeks ago. Can't decide if I want to go smaller or larger than my sig. If smaller possibly the 3.3 Springfield mod 2 in .45. If larger possibly a sig 227 in .45. Or just go full size 1911 in .45. A 1911 will be purchased at some point. Just a matter of if its the next gun or the one after that.

The struggle is real.

For my money at under 1k, I would look at the Springfield R.O. Operator if you like rail guns.  Really nice package and Springfield frames are awesome to have upgraded down the road(ask me how I know).  If not, and you want traditional, the Mil-Spec is a hella pistol.  

Good luck.

C