TripCarl2

Heads Up, GFH cannot do transfers Temporarily

Be advised, per Sivin at GFH/Woodland Park Range; they cannot handle transfers at this time as they are waiting for their NJ State Police renewal for their FFL to handle transfers.

They are not notifying those with incoming transfers via their PayPal portal. They Simply Refuse To accept Delivery from the carrier and then notify the GFH member via email.

See below for email. Thier process is to have returned to sender and shipped to OSA next door. Which creates a logistics issue just on shipping and are covering any additional fees.

Email from Sivin:

First and foremost, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding our FFL Transfer service. We are currently waiting for our NJ State Firearm’s License Renewal and cannot accept firearms at this time.

Unfortunately we must refuse acceptance of your firearm, therefore it must be sent back to the shipping FFL, then shipped to Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms to accept in our stead. We will cover any additional shipping charges you may incur.

In true brotherhood fashion as 2nd Amendment advocates, Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms has stepped up to aid us with the continuation of your member perk for firearm transfers. Once it arrives, your firearm(s) will be available for pickup at Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms (right next door from the range, approximately 150 feet from our entrance) as we will assist you with the completion of your firearm purchase until further notice.

WHAT YOU DO:

If applicable, contact the seller to inform them the firearm is to be shipped to Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms. (Woodland Park Range will not receive firearms at this time).

FIREARMS MUST BE NJ COMPLIANT.

WHAT WE’LL DO:

We will forward a copy of the most current FFL on behalf of Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms.

We will contact the shipping FFL and advise them of the temporary change of FFL.

We will notify you as soon as the firearm arrives at Ottomanelli’s Sporting Arms.

When you have your paperwork/permits ready to retrieve your firearm(s), please come to the range and we will personally assist you with your transfer at Ottomanelli’s.

We will notify you immediately as soon as our license is renewed.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sivin Rosado or Rob Howe.

[email protected]

[email protected]

NJSP FIU are asses. Not sure who's at fault, but no reason they can't log it in, then give it to Ottamanellis for the transfer.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

I thought they were honoring the GFH rate for GFH members. I guess I'm wrong.

They might be, but that is/was their own last price that I recall. Haven't been there in several months so things may have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I spoke with Sivin at GFH, if the transfer was coming to GFH, they would refuse delivery and return to sender.  Then advise the member, to contact the sender to send it one door over to Ottomanellis.  GFH was covering the costs if you booked the transfer through PayPal.  if you go direct to Ottomannellis its $100 for the first firearm and additional charges for each additional transferred at the same time.

Best to reach out to Sivin @GFH directly if you have a pending transfer or are thinking about sending a  transfer to GFH.

I guess it's one of those places that don't like customers.

No, the issue is the lack of space and time to get people to pick them up. They transfer weapons there without warning and pick them up when they feel like it. Also, the time correcting mistakes and try to get these people on the phone or even to return a phone call.

They simply don't have the time, no the space to store all the weapons that sometimes get stuck there for months. So they figure either you go elsewhere or pay the dues. They are mostly not people that purchase there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aholes....

Some FFLs don't want to do transfers and there's usually a business reason behind it.  When PX was still a home-based operation, I discouraged transfers by setting my rates higher than 3/4 of the FFLs in town.  I still did some transfers and my typical transfer client was one who valued service and time more than the cost of the transfer.  They knew when they made an appointment for their transfer, I would be available at that time otherwise it would be a free transfer.  They knew that if they did a no-call, no-show without extraordinary circumstances, they would be on the hook for another 50% of the transfer fee because they understood time is money and when I blocked off a time to do their transfer, I wasn't doing other work which was an opportunity cost for me.  I would say more than 80% of transfer clients were repeat clients too.

As things stand now, in our new location, we don't do transfers at all.  The location is too remote and most people around here would get lost trying to find the place.  When we first opened up, the UPS and FedEx drivers both called to find the location and between the two of them, had over 70 years of delivery experience on that route.  Now imagine how much time we'd spend on the phone helping people find the shop and time is money.

• Like 2

No, the issue is the lack of space and time to get people to pick them up. They transfer weapons there without warning and pick them up when they feel like it. Also, the time correcting mistakes and try to get these people on the phone or even to return a phone call.

They simply don't have the time, no the space to store all the weapons that sometimes get stuck there for months. So they figure either you go elsewhere or pay the dues. They are mostly not people that purchase there.

Sounds like you have a interest in the place.

Sounds like you have a interest in the place.

After buying a dozen high end guns, I use to spend a lot of time there. No more...

Reminds me of another place that had high prices and transfer fees. Their out of business now. They were somewhere in Garfield.

Not that I give a shit anymore, but Ottomanelli sold more guns than any dealer in NJ. That's per the NJSP... Believe that was last year.

How would they know this?

They reported it to them. They are in there all the time.

Other than that, dunno. Its NJ... Anything is possible.

You know something else? Couple years ago I was privy to an online record. Dunno what dept or web, I forget. Remember they are only suppose to be handguns in your records? Ettt. Mine showed a rifle and shotty. Not all my long guns, just a couple. Now how the hell does that happen? In fact, my handgun records were not even up to date. There prob, not mine. Shows how fooked up the system is.

They reported it to them. They are in there all the time.

Other than that, dunno. Its NJ... Anything is possible.

You know something else? Couple years ago I was privy to an online record. Dunno what dept or web, I forget. Remember they are only suppose to be handguns in your records? Ettt. Mine showed a rifle and shotty. Not all my long guns, just a couple. Now how the hell does that happen? In fact, my handgun records were not even up to date. There prob, not mine. Shows how fooked up the system is.

Not sure how the NJSP knows about Rifles unless someone brought them from out of state and registered them.... ONly handgun permits are sent in for record keeping.

as far as them selling more guns then anyone in NJ... unless the NJSP audited every single dealer and kept count they would never know this info :)  even nics calls dont tell the story :)

• Like 1

Not sure how the NJSP knows about Rifles unless someone brought them from out of state and registered them.... ONly handgun permits are sent in for record keeping.

as far as them selling more guns then anyone in NJ... unless the NJSP audited every single dealer and kept count they would never know this info :) even nics calls dont tell the story :)

The one rifle I bought used and the other was a shotgun I bought new. Who knows.

But they had stuff on there I no longer had and vice versa. Thank goodness I have all my receipts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another reason for higher transfer fees is if the dealer is busy selling guns at retail for $X over cost, why should he do transfers for less than $X?

Not sure that's the case. $100 over your shipped price might still be cheaper than ottomanellis marked prices

There's always a choice.  They are in the process of moving into a smaller place temporarily and probably don't want to store these.