MidwestPX

Aaaand California hoses gun owners again just before Independence Day...

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-signs-six-gun-control-bills-1467394282-htmlstory.html

For those who are unaware, California has a similar ban on semi auto guns like New Jersey except for the last decade or so, people have been able to legally build ARs using bullet buttons and other such magazine locking devices that require a tool to activate, allowing the magazine to be removed/replaced.  This is no longer legal.  Additionally, Californians could legally possess magazines that held more than 10 rounds if they were in possession of them prior to the ban enacted in 2000.  This is no longer the case.  Perhaps most disturbing of all, though I can't tell any more since these are all pretty messed up, is the creation of an ammunition purchaser/owner database.  I'm not sure how this affects mail order but either myself or counsel will be looking into it.  Finally, similar to OR and WA, it looks like BGCs will have to be performed to loan guns.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-signs-six-gun-control-bills-1467394282-htmlstory.html

For those who are unaware, California has a similar ban on semi auto guns like New Jersey except for the last decade or so, people have been able to legally build ARs using bullet buttons and other such magazine locking devices that require a tool to activate, allowing the magazine to be removed/replaced.  This is no longer legal.  Additionally, Californians could legally possess magazines that held more than 10 rounds if they were in possession of them prior to the ban enacted in 2000.  This is no longer the case.  Perhaps most disturbing of all, though I can't tell any more since these are all pretty messed up, is the creation of an ammunition purchaser/owner database.  I'm not sure how this affects mail order but either myself or counsel will be looking into it.  Finally, similar to OR and WA, it looks like BGCs will have to be performed to loan guns.

Perfect example of "give them an inch..."  They will NEVER be satisfied. And the Anti movement wonders why gun owners are so vehemently opposed to any restriction no matter how small. They can label it anyway they want- common sense laws, for the children, if it saves just one life...todays incremental give back is tomorrows ban (confiscation).

• Like 1

Another write up above:

This is the really crazy part: Require an ID and background check to purchase ammunition and create a new state database of ammunition owners

So I guess they are following Hawaii where you are now a criminal and go on an FBI list if you own a gun. So are they going to record how much ammo you buy or store, or both. What about people that reload, or did the idiot lawmakers that know nothing about guns overlook that? Guess everyone in CA will be going to next door states to buy ammo now. Hope Loretta does not read this shit.

create a new state database of ammunition owners

I've never considered myself an ammunition owner.   More of a short-term renter.

• Like 1

Wasn't it California that forced the use of bullet buttons, only to now ban rifles with bullet buttons? Disgusting.

A stark lesson in what NJ will try to do with smart guns. Ie, what ANJRPC has said. Force their acceptance, then circle back and ban non-Smart guns.

There is no limit what these anti-gun politicians will try to put into law. We must remain ever vigilent as they will never stop until they have achieved a complete ban on civilian ownership of firearms.

Not a good day for anyone... not just CA residents.

I'm a member of CalGuns, being I do like to follow their progress over there (some topics are very informative, as well). Their forum just went full-retard. For anyone that wants to deny that this won't happen here, or puts off worrying about it, go to their website and see what is going on. You want to plan an exit strategy, that is your prerogative... but while you are here, you should be fighting to prevent that. Nobody on this forum should look at this disgrace and not do everything possible to stop it from happening here.

If it is 16 months before we are going to deal with this, we shouldn't wait a year to get going.

It's time,actually past time, for some of our NJ gun groups to start drafting class action lawsuits against the state.  IF they institute a 10 round magazine limit we should have a suit ready to make them buy them from us - it is BS to say sell them out of state in 30 or 60 days.  This is just like eminent domain - let them pay for them.  Same goes for any guns they want to take.  Sure it does not restore our rights but it makes them justify to their minions why they are wasting so much state money on BS.

Perhaps my memory is short, but I don't think SCOTUS has shown much of an inclination to uphold 2A rights since Heller and McDonald.

Unfortunately true. But without Scalia I am not sure that we want them to unless it is an outright ban of everything.

Well, I just got done dealing with an aging parent requiring full time attention. So until now, I had little time to spend on 2a issues. I still don't have a large amount of time, but I have some. What needs to happen in this state has been laid out repeatedly by quite a few people here. But we don't have the financial backing to do most of it.

The NRA is useless on these issues. Until they write a big fat check to underwrite the activity that needs to happen, they should stay in DC and design the next NRA Tactical Dildo.

The public needs to get behind our issues. The facts that will make sense to them need to be hammered over and over again in TV ads, newspapers and other public avenues until they can quote every fact they hear.

Massive amounts of money needs to be put behind key, win-able, state elections. Dirt has to be dug up on all these leftists scum bag lying pieces of shit politicians like turkey neck.

Every dirty back door scummy tool has to be used until they go the way of Torricelli.

They have to be so scared to vote as an anti because they believe it will cost them their cushy political career.

And all that costs tens of millions of dollars. Possibly hundreds.

It is all decided by who is voting on these bills and how they vote. Either the Marxists are made to be scared shitless to vote for bullshit gun laws...or the pols that vote are pro 2a.

Thats what needs to happen.

I checked my account and I'm a little short of the tab I tossed out there. So if anyone knows the Koch brothers, please text them and ask for a check.

The other avenue is to get an R governor elected. That's a more achievable goal in the time left. Its one task and an R was just re-elected to the gov seat 2-1/2 years ago and initially 6-1/2 years ago. And the electorate hasn't really changed. So it's something that can be done. The difference is there's no Corzine to rebound from. Just the opposite. But as much as people are pissed at Christie, a Repub candidate who sucks up to the unions, talks about lowering taxes, talks about incentivizing big companies to relocate here and rides Trumps wave, could win.

In the mean time, I'm giving serious thought to a rental in PA as plan B.....

Unfortunately true. But without Scalia I am not sure that we want them to unless it is an outright ban of everything.

If there ever is an outright ban on everything, that means the government has exceeded its authority and executed a gross violation of our constitution rights and our liberty. It also means that the 250,000 Americans that gave their lives during WWIi to protect this nation from tyranny will have died for nothing. Once they remove our unalienable rights, America is officially dead.

The question then is what will be done about it.

it's encouraging to read in the ca gun forums that they basically are saying they refuse to comply. i follow a bunch of instagram feeds from ca gun groups and they openly flaunt their refusal to comply with their unconstitutional laws. google "not legal in california"

i still contend the background check/registration thing for ammo is patently unconstitutional. probably won't stand a chance. you're talking about regulating what amounts to paper and ink. do they have to pay the equivalent of the $17.50 ncis fee? wait 3+ hours for a result to come through? it's an undue burden if there ever was one. same with the turning in of mags over 10 rds. as mentioned earlier, it violates 5th amendment just compensation clause. 

2a rights groups will sue, will win and (hopefully) recover legal fees and damages from the govt. 

thats some bullshit right there, but Cali was going down the drain anyway.

Coming to a state near you. I won't say who. But you know it very well!

Careful with the lawsuits. Most will backfire. We lost the right to carry on out of state license because of a pro-2A court case. Obama has packed the courts with hundreds of anti-gunners using a Dem senate that suspended their rules to get the job done. We have already had several anti-gun rulings from the courts. Heck, you guys were getting them before Obama even packed the courts.

I was listening to the newly posted GFH Radio program and Mr. C states that the State of California representatives exempted themselves from the legislation. If you only have a few minutes and can't listen to the full broadcast fire up your media player and fast forward to the 34 minute mark

EDIT: added video

• Like 1

Free America should boycott everything related to California. It may harm good people, but I think it has to be done.

My company buys network storage products from a company based in CA. I will be calling them to tell them we are changing vendors because of what the CA State Govt is doing. It's unfortunate, but we can't support anything related to a tyrannical government.

• Like 1

Companies have to hit the government, not private businesses. Barrett Firearms stopped selling to CA when they passed the 50 ban. Ammo companies should now stop selling to the PDs. That would get their attention.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 2