Sign in to follow this  
MartyZ

My latest aquisition

A lever action demands a single action revolver to partner with it.

For sure. My Single Action revolver was depressed and constantly whining in the safe. So....

[emoji6]

919e5765d4655bad13e50264dafc8a4c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I took it to the range this past Saturday and I must say this gun is incredible. The action is like butter, I had a remlin 336 that I eventually sold because the action sucked. On the Henry, the action is smooth as snot. Also, recoil is comparable to an AR15, probably due to the heavy barrel. And as far as accuracy goes, my very first three rounds out of it I got a little over a half inch group at 25 yards, all 3 holes where touching each other, so that's 2 MOA using cheap magtech ammo. I think at this point the Henry is my favorite gun  :D . And today I have a skinner ghost ring rear sight coming in, can't wait to see how it compares to the factory sights.

Just picked it up today, Henry Big Boy Silver .44 Magnum. Can't wait to take it out to the range. Now I just need a S&W 629 to complete the set.

20160705_130139_zpsccmh5csv.jpg

Nice looking rifle! I just picked up a Marlin 30-30 last week. To be honest, I didn't have any real interest in lever guns at all until a buddy let me try his out a couple weeks ago and I was immediately hooked. I'm now looking for a Marlin 1894 in .44 mag (and considering rounding it all out with a 45-70).

D0FFCC38-F79C-4E20-A5C8-309C848CBCCE_zps