Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

Heritage Guild - Rahway NJ

Just thought I would make a post on some positive experiences with this store. I have made 2 large purchases here over the past month and a few smaller trips just for ammo. Every time I go I have dealt with the same employee who is very helpful. I find that their prices are fair and they are very knowledgable. Their parent store is in Easton PA so if they do not have a product in stock in Rahway they can likely get it in from Easton which has a larger inventory. You can go on their site and view inventory through their online store, just call before you go because what your looking at may be at a different location.

All in all I recommend this store to others and it has become my local go to.

I live like 2 miles away. I made most of my firearms purchases at their Branchburg location, though. Seemed nicer, IMO.

The Easton store is by far my favorite, though some of the employee's are either total jokesters who dick around instead of asking customers if they need help or just always seem grumpy. Most are great, though. The bow techs there are fantastic people. One of them set up a complete bow for my fiance to shoot while i was checking out guns. Came back there to see her shooting a bow fully set up for her. Had no intention of buyin one and she told him that, but he did it anyways.. needless to say i came back the next week and bought her the bow, fully set up to her draw length and all. Great guy's. There are cheaper places out there, but if you like seeing and holding what you're going to buy, check out some of their locations for sure. (For example, i paid like 280$+ for a 12G that dicks had on sale for 180$)

• Like 1

I go to all their stores. Rahway shop is 5 minutes from home, Branchburg is 5 from work (sometimes go there for lunch), and I shoot at EFAG once in a while and stop at their Easton store.

There are a few guys at the Rahway store that are good and a couple (maybe just one) dousche.

Their prices do tend to be a little high but typically it's a wash when you factor in gas and time to travel elsewhere. I can pick up a gun from Rahway, hit my club in Carteret to test it out, and be home in an hour and a half.

For those in the area close to heritage, where else would be your preferred local shop if your not a fan of the Rahway store?

The only other shop close by is Bullseye Tactical on main street in woodbridge, about a 5-7 minute drive from Heritage in rahway

Bullseye is ok, i've only stopped in a few times.. It smells kinda funny and everything is fairly old. They are seriously lacking on inventory, but have TONS of space to grow, so i have no idea why; maybe just a lack of capital to invest. Its got a lot of potential... But as it sits right now, the only time i'd personally go there is if i was looking to special order something. The few times i was there it seemed like most of the people there were there to order stuff or for transfers. Never purchased anything there, though.

For those in the area close to heritage, where else would be your preferred local shop if your not a fan of the Rahway store?

I live in Woodbridge, not a fan of Bullseye. Been there numerous times. Never a good experience.

I would recommend Middle Brook Firearms in Green BrooK or Garden State Armory in Watchung. Both are relatively new shops but the guys are great to deal with. (Middle Brook owner is actually a former partner of GSA.)

I live in Woodbridge, not a fan of Bullseye. Been there numerous times. Never a good experience.

I would recommend Middle Brook Firearms in Green BrooK or Garden State Armory in Watchung. Both are relatively new shops but the guys are great to deal with. (Middle Brook owner is actually a former partner of GSA.)

Skip garden state and just go to middlebrook. Way better prices and Art is a stand up guy

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

How is inventory there compared to heritage?

They have all the usual suspects but besides that pretty slim. They are working on keeping more inventory. FWIW they will order anything for you, they couldn't get a specific lower I wanted so they call the company and became a distributor just for me.

I go stop by HG easton on my way to EFGA. I window shop there, Handel whatever I'm interested in. When I find a gun I like I go to Jim Flynn or my kitchen table FFL and have them order it. Yup dick move I know but I have not had good experience with the sales people in branchburg or easton.

They have all the usual suspects but besides that pretty slim. They are working on keeping more inventory. FWIW they will order anything for you, they couldn't get a specific lower I wanted so they call the company and became a distributor just for me.

Hows their pricing on firearms they have to order in for you?  I'd go to Art if I needed something ordered if they could order it for a reasonable price - I prefer doing that than ordering online and just using the FFL for transfer -

• Like 1

Hows their pricing on firearms they have to order in for you? I'd go to Art if I needed something ordered if they could order it for a reasonable price - I prefer doing that than ordering online and just using the FFL for transfer -

Pretty good imo