Sign in to follow this  
sroc112

Flat Dark Earth Coating

Wondering if anyone has personal experience with a fde handgun. I'm wondering how this finish holds up as far as scratching, rust, wear, chips, etc. for example, I'm comparing the sig sauer p227 in fde vs the regular nitron finish.

I've had two guns with fde Cerakote. A Sig p229 scorpion and now a glock 19. It handles well with rust, scratches, ect. I found it doesn't hold up well with leather/hybrid holsters. It seemed to me that it just does a number on it and wears much faster. Just my opinion though.

I've had two guns with fde Cerakote. A Sig p229 scorpion and now a glock 19. It handles well with rust, scratches, ect. I found it doesn't hold up well with leather/hybrid holsters. It seemed to me that it just does a number on it and wears much faster. Just my opinion though.

C or H?

I have a cerakoated handgun (not FDE tho, Typhoon Kryptek) that I carry almost daily for the past 2 years. I currently switch back and forth between an Alien Gear IWB and Crossbreed IWB depending on my mood. No wear on the gun that I've noticed whatsoever.