Bri894

Texas CCW Class

Get you fingerprint appointment first.  Plenty of places to take the class.  A search on here should turn up a name that some have used before.  Google will show you all the places and prices.  There is like a class almost everyday somewhere in the Houston Area,  PM  Magnawing, he's relocated to Houston.

Going back around 12-18 months ago there was a thread on this forum (but I can't find it now) that a member reported that he did the whole Texas CHL shebang on a 12 hour layover in Houston. His NJGF screen name is jfoster99. I PM'ed him for details and he was very helpful. The guy he used was Jason Page. When I checked Jason's name I found he was associated with bigthunderfirearms.com in Houston. IIRC, Jason arranged just about everything, including driving him to get his prints. Due to family issues I was never able to make the trip down there, but if PA winds up queering the NH non-resident permit I'm waiting for, I may very well take a trip to TX.

Thanks! This is the input I was looking for. I am going to give Jason a call tomorrow.

Good luck! Please post the results of your efforts. As I recall (and others have posted), things have to be performed in a specific order and timing. This fact complicates things for people trying to do it from afar with limited time in TX.

Look up defenders outdoors. Theyre on shotts ave. its your best bet because they do everything there. Call them and look into it. Youll see what i mean. The biggest holdup will be getting an appt for your fingerprinting. They do it right there but you need an appointment and that fills up quick.

I looked into this several months ago and ended up not going.

You first register with the state online before the class.

You can find a place that does the class, shoot, and fingerprints in the same day but  you have to be registered with the state for the prints in advance.

There are several places that do it all under one roof and they will walk you through it.

Going back around 12-18 months ago there was a thread on this forum (but I can't find it now) that a member reported that he did the whole Texas CHL shebang on a 12 hour layover in Houston. His NJGF screen name is jfoster99. I PM'ed him for details and he was very helpful. The guy he used was Jason Page. When I checked Jason's name I found he was associated with bigthunderfirearms.com in Houston. IIRC, Jason arranged just about everything, including driving him to get his prints. Due to family issues I was never able to make the trip down there, but if PA winds up queering the NH non-resident permit I'm waiting for, I may very well take a trip to TX.

I ended up taking the class with Jason as well. Top-notch.

Definitely schedule your fingerprints ahead of time. The Houston area locations are always busy.