Rick_F

Beretta CX4 still for sale? Other ideas?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has these around. I went shooting with a friend in TX and wife loved the AR pistol. She said she hates both of mine because they're too heavy. This had me thinking about what short and light options we have in NJ. The Beretta is compact and lightweight, as well as being inexpensive and I'm not finding them f/s online. Then there's the PS90. I can build a lightweight AR, but that doesn't address the reduced length. Not interested in the Hi Points. Any other ideas?

Cx4 is still in production but the runs are fairly limited.  I've seen some distributors have it though so keep an eye out - just make sure you get the version with the right mag inserts.  The one I bought had the Beretta 92 mag insert.  Swapped that out for the Px4 mag insert so I could share mags with my Px4.

Thanks for the updates guys. A while ago I saw one at Ramsey Outdoor but I think they wanted over $1k. At that price, I'd get the FN. I already have a FiveseveN anyway. I'd appreciate if anyone sees one for sale locally, preferably new. Also considering a Sub 2000.

word is that Beretta is fulfilling large over-seas orders and sources here are fairly dry. I saw someone on the Beretta forum  http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=124495 who had some and passed this info to another member here and I believe he was able to get one  cant hurt to ask. Love, mine lots of fun.

Maybe wait for Venezuela to complete its collapse and then go pick one out of the rubble?:

546247_389230781120735_197377896972692_1

http://www.guns.com/2012/05/21/venezuela-national-guard-uses-beretta-cx4-storm/

The Venezuelan National Guard has selected, as some point, the Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine for their weapon of choice.

I ordered one of these, short barreled, but  don't see why the standard barrel would be a problem in NJ.  Just get rid of the flash hider and pin a comp.  

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ACC0088.aspx

Thanks for the feedback.  The Hi-Point is out because my wife hates loading the mags (too sharp).  I've been considering the Sub-2000 as well, and should've put that in my original post.  If one was available in NJ, and at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.  At lunch I went to Ramsey Outdoor to see if they had anything, and they said Beretta is halting production and coming out with a V2.  Anyone else hear about this?  

What's up with NICS?  For the 20+ checks I've had, I can only remember once where I had to go back next day, and it was entered after 6PM.  Is this common now?

How does the PS90 handle in comparison?  I rented it once at GFH, but it just had the odd backup sights and is apparently meant for a red dot.  I ended up shooting my FiveseveN better, as did my friend, but I attribute it to the sight issue.

Thanks for the feedback.  The Hi-Point is out because my wife hates loading the mags (too sharp).  I've been considering the Sub-2000 as well, and should've put that in my original post.  If one was available in NJ, and at a reasonable price, I'd buy it.  At lunch I went to Ramsey Outdoor to see if they had anything, and they said Beretta is halting production and coming out with a V2.  Anyone else hear about this?  

What's up with NICS?  For the 20+ checks I've had, I can only remember once where I had to go back next day, and it was entered after 6PM.  Is this common now?

How does the PS90 handle in comparison?  I rented it once at GFH, but it just had the odd backup sights and is apparently meant for a red dot.  I ended up shooting my FiveseveN better, as did my friend, but I attribute it to the sight issue.

I love my PS90, I hand load 5.7, and the price of the ammo has come way down. However, if your wife hates loading curtain types of mags then she will certainly not like these. They can be a bit tricky to load. I think the ergos on it are fine, light, low recoil, no muzzle rise and a potent pop from the 5.7x28. A few ranges have them for rent so you can try it.

I love my PS90, I hand load 5.7, and the price of the ammo has come way down. However, if your wife hates loading curtain types of mags then she will certainly not like these. They can be a bit tricky to load. I think the ergos on it are fine, light, low recoil, no muzzle rise and a potent pop from the 5.7x28. A few ranges have them for rent so you can try it.

Both the PS90 and CX4 look cool as hell.

I would like to own both but owning firearms in PRNJ is a scary prospect.

Never know when the next anti-2A law will make them "illegal".

Are both these rifles NJ compliant out of the box?

ETA: Just checked the price on PS90s, theyre up about $250 from a year ago. 

PS90 is hard to find 15 round compliant mags.  You'll most likely be using 10 rounders.  The P90 actually has 50 round mags standard...

Cx4 can come with the Beretta 92 mag insert - those are 15 rounders by default.  If you get the Px4 one though, those are 17 or even 20 rounders... but 15 rounders are available.