deerpark

Whos your auto insurer? Looking for recommendations.

I was with NJM since I got my license in 2007, but my parents paid my insurance. When they told me it was time to pay my own, I went shopping and Geico offered a price that was 60 percent less than what my parents had been paying NJM. They were floored. Granted, I drive an older car and don't even bother with collision insurance, but it's hard to argue with the price Geico offers. If you're interested in customer service/claim payment, I haven't been around the block (or in enough accidents, knock on wood) to know any better.

Njm. Im their oldest vendor at their main site im told. So yes im biased. But ive never heard anything bad about them. Only positives. Great people. Great service. They really look out for you when you need them. And thats when it really counts. You dont want to find out your insurance company sucks when the time comes to rely on them. Also. Workmans comp is the best with them. You get dividends back.

Anybody using Selective Insurance? They're currently working to expand their personal insurance foot print right now. (They currently do mostly commercial.) I'd think that agents would be looking to deal right now.

(Full disclosure. I work there.)

Anybody in your house work for an employer in the NJ Business and Industry Assn.  then, it could be possible to insure through NJ Manufacturers.  Sometimes they have open enrollment.

So in order to join or get a quote from NJM, my employer has to be a member thru NJBIA.

Thats easy enough since I have a couple of NJ based LLCs. 

I can simply join by paying the dues which are $220/year.

http://www.njbia.org/JoinNJBIA.aspx

Question is, will I still be saving?

Unfortunately, I wont know until I first join.

A lot if you guys recommended them so it may be worth it but I think I should probably call a couple of other companies first.

I was with NJM since I got my license in 2007, but my parents paid my insurance. When they told me it was time to pay my own, I went shopping and Geico offered a price that was 60 percent less than what my parents had been paying NJM. They were floored. Granted, I drive an older car and don't even bother with collision insurance, but it's hard to argue with the price Geico offers. If you're interested in customer service/claim payment, I haven't been around the block (or in enough accidents, knock on wood) to know any better.

I think what happens is that the "new" company is permitted to offer an attractive "incentive" rate. 

Rest assured that it will increase every year, which is understandable. 

If you were to call NJM now, I wouldnt be surprised if they could offer you a better rate compared to your current premiums.

I think what happens is that the "new" company is permitted to offer an attractive "incentive" rate.

Rest assured that it will increase every year, which is understandable.

If you were to call NJM now, I wouldnt be surprised if they could offer you a better rate compared to your current premiums.

Possibly, I wouldn't doubt it. An NJM agent basically admitted to my old man that he knew their rates were really high at that particular time, but that it was all cyclical. He basically said, "If you ride it out for another year or two, our rates are gonna drop back down." Kind of bizarre.

Possibly, I wouldn't doubt it. An NJM agent basically admitted to my old man that he knew their rates were really high at that particular time, but that it was all cyclical. He basically said, "If you ride it out for another year or two, our rates are gonna drop back down." Kind of bizarre.

Not really.   NJM is non-profit so your rebate is a reflection of how many claims were paid in the previous year.   My rebate is usually $90-120.  I have 3 vehicles covered, one is liability only  and both drivers are 45+.   I know people with big families that see several hundred in rebates yearly.

So my family has been NjM for 20 years. When my brother added his 3rd child to the policy he didn't even bother to shop around assuming NJM can't be beat.

So for a goof he checked Allstate. And they came in thousands cheaper. He couldnr believe it.

Has anybody here who is loyal to NJM actually bothered to get another quitr for auto?

And by the way. The multi policy discount is crap. Like a hundred bucks? Auto insurance could be thousands difference.

So my family has been NjM for 20 years. When my brother added his 3rd child to the policy he didn't even bother to shop around assuming NJM can't be beat.

So for a goof he checked Allstate. And they came in thousands cheaper. He couldnr believe it.

Has anybody here who is loyal to NJM actually bothered to get another quitr for auto?

And by the way. The multi policy discount is crap. Like a hundred bucks? Auto insurance could be thousands difference.

Thousands? Something isn't right...if they're a brand new driver NJM most likely labels them as a higher risk person to insure...also do a stare and compare between the actual coverage plans...If there is a difference in the thousands, I can't see the coverage is going to be the same.

On a side note, NJM doesn't play...I almost got my parents kicked off NJM back when I was 18-19 racking up 13 points lol oops...NJM "suggested" I be placed into their "re-manufacturers" plan otherwise their good standings with NJM would be in jeopardy. Screwed myself good, had to pay a $125 surcharge PER POINT, needless to say my summers were shot working just to pay insurance lol. 

I do not buy it.  I have been with NJM for 30 years and have multiple times priced other insurers. Check your coverage limits, properly comparable policies from other insurers do not even come close.  Those "agents" for the other insurers are nothing more than sales weasels, one step above car salesmen.

New Jersey Manufacturers, cannot go wrong with them.

Second would be Allstate insurance.

I found Progressive's rates to be high. I was told by someone in the industry their rates are high to pay for the cost of their commercials. 

New Jersey Manufacturers, cannot go wrong with them.

Second would be Allstate insurance.

I found Progressive's rates to be high. I was told by someone in the industry their rates are high to pay for the cost of their commercials. 

Gotta pay Flo's contract lol