Sign in to follow this  
Ricky_Bobby

Utah or Florida CCW - How quick do they get issued after receipt?

Hey guys - Just looking at Anthony's website I could take the Utah CCW in a week in Stanhope for $200, or go to Woodland Park and take the Florida CCW with Basic Pistol class for $235 either this Saturday (doubtful) or the 30th -

I am heading down south in late September (23rd) for a few days to visit my in laws - would like to have a CCW when I go down there and I know its cutting it close -

Which should I take in best hopes of getting it issued to travel down to NC?  Florida is a great bang for the buck as I can take Basic Pistol as well - I know Florida's website says "up to 60 days" - wasn't sure of Utah

Thanks in advance!

For what its worth, we are planning on moving to NC or TN by the end of next year at the latest, so I'll also get that resident permit when I move - both NC and TN have PA reciprocity I believe, in case I'm ever up visiting above the Mason Dixon -

Utah will issue or denie within 60 days. That is the law there. When I got mine years ago there was A letter with it stating that all background check was not complete and to consider my permit valid unless notified differently.

Florida says 90 days but its according to how they are flowing, could be more could be less.

NH will cover you in NC, VA, PA, but not florida

Florida seems to be around 90 days, Utah 45-60, by looking over the current discussions.

Florida discussion

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/117960-florida-permit-turnaround-time-great-service-118.html

Utah:

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5497&start=810

Hey guys - Just looking at Anthony's website I could take the Utah CCW in a week in Stanhope for $200, or go to Woodland Park and take the Florida CCW with Basic Pistol class for $235 either this Saturday (doubtful) or the 30th -

I am heading down south in late September (23rd) for a few days to visit my in laws - would like to have a CCW when I go down there and I know its cutting it close -

Which should I take in best hopes of getting it issued to travel down to NC?  Florida is a great bang for the buck as I can take Basic Pistol as well - I know Florida's website says "up to 60 days" - wasn't sure of Utah

Thanks in advance!

For what its worth, we are planning on moving to NC or TN by the end of next year at the latest, so I'll also get that resident permit when I move - both NC and TN have PA reciprocity I believe, in case I'm ever up visiting above the Mason Dixon -

I did the Florida one at GFH last month, they said about 6 weeks. They handled everything for me including the pictures, they supplied the forms that I filled out and even the envelope to mail it, all I had to do was write a check to FL and mail it.

• Like 1

For people thinking of Utah or Florida.

Utah good for 5 years, Florida 7.

Looking at the web sites its $49 for Utah and 112 for Florida for initial license.

Florida accepts hunter education course, free in NJ.  Passport style photo, you can DIY or have done fairly cheaply.    Notary, most banks do for free with your account.  Fingerprints, variable, my town charges $10.  Renewals are $92 for out of state and you have to submit fingerprints, picture and get forms notarized again.  Might want to consider a Florida vacation and schedule an application or renewal while out there.

Utah requires a Utah certified instructor for the course, classes may cover notary, photo and fingerprinting.  This will always cost something, prices vary greatly.  Easiest / cheapest renewal process.  Fill out all forms online, pay $15.75, submit digital photo.

For Florida I used a NRA Basic Pistol course from years back.  CT requires 8 hrs training so that is why I had that one, Florida will accept the NRA First Steps 4hr class, which is what GFH provides in their Florida CCW class.

I mailed my Florida CCW papers on the 14th of June and their website said I was approved on the 12th of July so a little less than a month.

They said 7 to 10 business days before I get the permit in the mail. NOTHING yet and tomorrow will be 10 business days. If it's not here

by tomorrow, I will give them a WTF? call!

So Florida is about 6 weeks from the day you send your app till you receive your permit.

^^Nice!  Yeah I decided to take NRA class at GFH and do the FL CCW at same time -

After that gets issued I'll apply for NH non-res as well

Why wait? NH does not want or require any CCW or FID card. Just the check and the form.

Why wait? NH does not want or require any CCW or FID card. Just the check and the form.

I probably should send it in - however we are moving to a free state (NC most likely) within the next year - and the non-resident NH permits aren't honored there - I was hoping to have a permit for my trip to NC in Sept/Oct - the FL or the UT ones are honored there - but you're right, I should send it in just to get PA and the other states in the meantime -

Obviously when I move I will add a resident NC permit -