Sign in to follow this  
Indianajonze

New DDM4ISR - NJ legal?

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/07/22/daniel-defense-ddm4isr-integrally-suppressed-300blk-rifle/

Internally suppressed 300blk rifle. So is the law that anything suppressed is illegal here period? Or is it just that attached suppressors on threaded barrel mounts are illegal?

Edit: well I guess the last part of the release answers my own question. Fkn new jersey

is it really a suppressor though? or is it just a barrel designed to be quite?

Imagine a barrel with holes drilled into the groves that directed into baffled chambers......

That would take one hell of a precision machine to make but, why not?

It's a suppressor... 

The term “Firearm Silencer” or “Firearm Muffler” means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for the use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

"any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm"

Just curious but what is the standard report? and If it's part of the barrel does it make it a device?

Who knows... The laws are open to interpretation, really..

Why don't you try building one, walk to your local PD, and let us know how you make out... LOL

Who knows... The laws are open to interpretation, really..

Why don't you try building one, walk to your local PD, and let us know how you make out... LOL

I'll get right on it, right after i spend a couple hundred grand on the machining equipment.

The suppressor is at the end of the barrel. It is built into the rifle but it is there. No go in Jersey for sure. 

With what just happened in Massachusetts and surely coming soon to the PRNJ. Why would anyone buy another AR or AK

knowing full well they are about to be banned with NO grandfather clause?

It's a suppressor... 

The term “Firearm Silencer” or “Firearm Muffler” means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for the use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

In summary....Any attempt to preserve your hearing by making a firearm quieter is a crime of the 3rd degree.

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/07/22/daniel-defense-ddm4isr-integrally-suppressed-300blk-rifle/

Internally suppressed 300blk rifle. So is the law that anything suppressed is illegal here period? Or is it just that attached suppressors on threaded barrel mounts are illegal?

Edit: well I guess the last part of the release answers my own question. Fkn new jersey

The ad says,

"Black Creek, GA – July 20, 2016 – Daniel Defense, manufacturer of the world’s finest firearms and accessories, has taken suppressed weapons to the next level with the release of their new DDM4ISR rifle. This new rifle, designed for fulltime-suppressed fire and optimized for the .300 Blackout cartridge, features a fully integrated suppressor attached to its barrel, so it’s ready for suppressed service right out of the box."

I think THAT says it all. But I don't have a law degree, so,,,,just my interpretation.

And, btw, I agree with you %110.

The suppressor is at the end of the barrel. It is built into the rifle but it is there. No go in Jersey for sure.

With what just happened in Massachusetts and surely coming soon to the PRNJ. Why would anyone buy another AR or AK

knowing full well they are about to be banned with NO grandfather clause?

Because fuck them. That's why.

• Like 3

i'm going to wait until i get older and my hearing starts to go. then i'm going to sue the state of new jersey for causing irreparable harm to my hearing due to their suppressor ban. or, if i' ever unfortunate enough to be in a home defense situation and have to unload some 45 acp hollow points into some ahole and deafen myself in the process, i'll immediately sue the state. not joking. don't know why nobody's done it yet

i'm going to wait until i get older and my hearing starts to go. then i'm going to sue the state of new jersey for causing irreparable harm to my hearing due to their suppressor ban. or, if i' ever unfortunate enough to be in a home defense situation and have to unload some 45 acp hollow points into some ahole and deafen myself in the process, i'll immediately sue the state. not joking. don't know why nobody's done it yet

Problem is it takes decades after the injury occurs to notice the effects!

Problem is it takes decades after the injury occurs to notice the effects!

That's only true regarding cumulative effects, not actual results of extremely loud noises. Those can damage right away. Sometimes the loss is temporary, but often the ears can be damaged significantly and immediately. Much depends on the decibel level. 

A circular saw can damage over time, a bomb can break eardrums. Just to show there's a difference.

Im pretty sure this rifle is purchased of this rifle required the same ATF forms and signoffs/tax stamp as a suppressor on its own.  That would be your first stumbling block in NJ lol

If the suppressor came off, you'd need two tax stamps. One for the suppressor and one for the SBR.

Since it's attached permanently, you need one tax stamp for the suppressor.