1LtCAP

mounting a serpa to a battle belt

not really sure which forum to put this in....but i figure everything's safe here, lolol.

anyway.......i'm wanting to mount my blackhawk serpa to my hsgi battle belt. i can't figure out how though. i saw the strike platform mount on blackhawks website....but that looks more like it's intended to mount to a flat molle surface, rather than the curvature that the belt's gonna have......so....how the hell do i mount this puppy?

Step 1) Hold SERPA in your hand.

Step 2) Throw SERPA in the garbage

Step 3) Curse yourself for buying a SERPA in the first place

Step 4) Go online and by a Safariland ALS with UBL

Step 5) Mount the UBL to the inner belt through the opening in the battle belt

Step 6) Do the dance of joy that you don't have a shitty holster anymore

:rofl:

• Like 4

Step 4) Go online and by a Safariland ALS with

UBL

I appreciate the step by step, but it's a little confusing, can you post a video of you doing it? Thanks in advance.

i don't get it? so far i haven't had any issues at all with any of my serpas?

I would imagine the people that shot themselves in the leg, had their serpas locked up with debris in the mechanism or had their serpas ripped off their belts said the same thing plenty of times before they had their issues

• Like 1

I would imagine the people that shot themselves in the leg, had their serpas locked up with debris in the mechanism or had their serpas ripped off their belts said the same thing plenty of times before they had their issues

aahh......yea. i've seen the videos of people drawing from the serpas wrong, causing a negligent discharge.

If concealed carry is the rule in most applications. Wouldn't we want an IWB holster instead? I know there are places where open carry is legal, but why draw

attention to yourself?

BTW. Which IWB holsters are the best for comfort, retention and not printing?

If concealed carry is the rule in most applications. Wouldn't we want an IWB holster instead? I know there are places where open carry is legal, but why draw

attention to yourself?

There are dozens of manufacturers. Ones I've used and ones I'm going to buy include white hat, n82, alien gear, comptac and safariland

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

attention to yourself?

I conceal carry with a pancake and a t shirt.

customer walked in on me as i was making last reply.

what i want this for, is a combination of a few things. first and formost.......all my shit on one belt, quick to get on should something go smash in the night. secondly, shtf. if the poop hits.......well you know the rest. might try to use it for shooting too.

What about the gcode RTI attachment?

I'm a big fan of GCode Holsters and Accessories.  http://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/Accessories.html

You can run a drop leg from your HSGI or just put a molle attachment on the belt itself.  There are options for hangers for existing holsters like SERPA and Safariland  I run a Safarland drop leg from my HSGI Battle Belt and I can swap out the holsters in about 5 seconds.  So if I want to run the original Safariland Holster with retention for my M&P w/light or if I want to run just a G-code friction fit holster with no light, a Glock holster, my M&P with light and friction retention on a paddle etc. I can customize the rig in no time.  The only downside is they have terrible shipping times so if you need it next week don't bother.   

I'm a big fan of GCode Holsters and Accessories.  http://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/Accessories.html

You can run a drop leg from your HSGI or just put a molle attachment on the belt itself.  There are options for hangers for existing holsters like SERPA and Safariland  I run a Safarland drop leg from my HSGI Battle Belt and I can swap out the holsters in about 5 seconds.  So if I want to run the original Safariland Holster with retention for my M&P w/light or if I want to run just a G-code friction fit holster with no light, a Glock holster, my M&P with light and friction retention on a paddle etc. I can customize the rig in no time.  The only downside is they have terrible shipping times so if you need it next week don't bother.   

i do have a drop leg, and have been thinking about putting that on this........but when i carry about my home, and out in the yard working, i always have the holster up high. i was figuring best to keep it where i'm used to reaching.......

Step 4) Go online and by a Safariland ALS with

UBL

Best advice on this site. I would suggest RCS but either way.  

Quite a few instructors won't let you use a SERPA in class.

i like mine. works great, doesn't mar the finish of the gun and is very, very secure

secure in all the wrong places.. NOT secure in attachment to the mount.. and SO secure gun to holster that you may run into an instance where you will have to rip the holster apart to get the gun out...

I used to use a Serpa a ton.. and I used to think all the hate for it was uncalled for.. but I've seen enough of them break at this point, that I would not take the chance.. this ignores the discharge issue, as I STILL believe that is just poor gun handling..