eckoblazer

JR Carbine stock question

Hey Guys,

Had a question about the pinned stock on my JR carbine. The stock is currently pinned at the furthest out setting. I've got T-rex arms and have been dealing with this for a couple years but finally want to go about getting a shorter stock. I've looked into stocks for it and it has a mil spec buffer tube so alot of fixed stocks will fit. I've eyeing up the magpul MOE FCS. I didn't want to have to replace the buffer tube unless it's necessary. I've included some pictures of the current pinned stock. Do I just order the new stock and drill the pin? Or order a new stock and buffer tube(no drilling required)? Drill pin and repin this stock?(is that possible?) Am I allowed to do any of this or does it all have to be done at the LGS? Looking for ideas from people that have done with before.

Thanks!

post-3341-0-89544500-1470099792_thumb.jpg

post-3341-0-52596400-1470099802_thumb.jpg

I have replaced the stock on mine by removing the pin and replacing it with a Magpul Carbine stock,  Plain, simple as you are removing the buffer tube all the time for cleaning purposes.  Simple process.