Schrödinger's cat

BAD lever, vs. Troy vs. Phase5

What bolt release should I get ? The BAD, Troy, and Phase 5 are all pretty much the same price. Then there is something POF has, I'm not sure how it works, but it doesn't look like I can use an ambi mag release with it. Then there is a true ambi bolt catch like the PDQ for about triple the price, is it worth it ? There are a few more like the redi catch and redi release, knights armament, CTS, possibly Norgon ? Anyone know of any others ?

Then there are ambi mag releases. There is Norgon and Troy. I like the price of the Troy and heard it is a little easier. I like the fact that the Norgon doesn't leverage against the lower, rather it leverages against itself. There is also one made by HVA called the AMR an one by knights armament. Anyone know of any others ?

I am thinking of trying out the Elftmann push button safety.

Is there anyone that tried any of these items and didn't like it that would be willing to sell it to me ? It's hard to drop almost the price of a BCG on a mag release.

I also use the Magpul BAD. I have one on every rifle. Never had a malfunction due to the device.

Keep in mind - BAD levers (of any flavor), Ambi Controls, specialized safeties, enhanced charging handles - if you put these on one rifle, you need to put them on all of your rifles. Anything that changed the way you manipulate your rifle needs to be consistant on all of your rifles.

• Like 2

Keep in mind - BAD levers (of any flavor), Ambi Controls, specialized safeties, enhanced charging handles - if you put these on one rifle, you need to put them on all of your rifles. Anything that changed the way you manipulate your rifle needs to be consistant on all of your rifles.

Once again your logic has resulted in me spending money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I go with the PDQ ambi bolt release on my tactical gun only. Because, I shoot some stages single fire prone and you don't loose your sight picture.

Yes, it requires milling the lower but it's worth it for me.

No, not all my guns are ambi and don't need to be.

The PDQ in my opinion is the way the rifle should have been built and is not some Mickey Mouse set up.

I pulled the BAD levers off both of my ARs... mainly because it caused issues on one. My 5.56mm ran 100% with it (had issues once when it was loose, read on below for my fix), but my D/I .45 always failed to lock back (uses HK USC magazines). I liked running my .22 upper with it, as I could manually lock the bolt back with my finger (with the aid of a modified CMMG BHOA), but stuck with the similar battery of arms.

I now use Strike Industries Enhanced Bolt Catches. Main reason, I put blue Loctite on the inside of the BAD levers so they wouldn't come off the paddle or rotate forward and catch on the receiver. Held up great, until you pull them off. [emoji6]