Sign in to follow this  
Krdshrk

Cross this one off the bucket list

Only FA gun I have ever shot was an MP5 also but the pistol version. Only got to do one mag dump because as it turns out the range we were at in FL is not insured for FA. My brother was next up and pissed the dident get to shoot it LOL.

For those of you in southern PRNJ, Targetmaster in Chadds Ford PA. Near the Delaware border.

Here is what they have and for a $20. rental fee I'm game!

Fully Automatic Machine Guns: Several to choose from.      $20.00

Machine Guns Available for Rental:
(all fire both semi-auto or full auto)

HK MP-5 9mm
HK UMP 9mm
HK UMP .40s&w
HK UMP .45acp
HK G36 .223
Colt SMG 9mm
Colt M-16 .223
Smith & Wesson MP-15, .223
Inland M2 Carbine, .30 carbine

Which one would you guys suggest I try first?

For those of you in southern PRNJ, Targetmaster in Chadds Ford PA. Near the Delaware border.

Here is what they have and for a $20. rental fee I'm game!

Fully Automatic Machine Guns: Several to choose from.      $20.00

Machine Guns Available for Rental:

(all fire both semi-auto or full auto)

HK MP-5 9mm

HK UMP 9mm

HK UMP .40s&w

HK UMP .45acp

HK G36 .223

Colt SMG 9mm

Colt M-16 .223

Smith & Wesson MP-15, .223

Inland M2 Carbine, .30 carbine

Which one would you guys suggest I try first?

The carbine of course.  30 carbine is one misunderstood caliber.

The carbine of course.  30 carbine is one misunderstood caliber.

Thanks, at 20 bucks a pop, or multi FA pops, I am game to try out a few! Only 35 minutes drive from my house and gives me a legal place to go for PRNJ rules

with a pistol for CCW in Delaware (a couple miles away) with my new Florida permit.

Nick,  My compliments on your staying on target and not being tempted to just empty the mag! That was some fine shooting on your part!

Was the MP5 the only FA you shot there?

Yeah - It was kinda expensive for the rentals.  MP5 was one of the cheaper ones.  Only had the 2x 25 round mags.  I was tempted to let it run and I did a little at the end of the first mag... I saw how far high/right I was on the target so I kept away from that on the 2nd mag.

No reason why any business shouldnt be clean. It's pride of ownership vs "if you don't like it then don't come here"

True, but I wasn't just referring to housekeeping. It's aesthetically clean as well. Bright, straight lines, stainless steel dividers, seamless white walls.

True, but I wasn't just referring to housekeeping. It's aesthetically clean as well. Bright, straight lines, stainless steel dividers, seamless white walls.

It's a newer range, but they keep it up well.  The entire store is clean and neat.

They have 3 bays of ranges.  They do a lot of classes there so I assume it's for separating classes vs private shooters, etc.

Many years ago I went to a range called the Bullet Stop, outside of Atlanta. It had the most impressive rental wall of FA firearms I've ever seen, and they also let people bring in anything they wanted as targets. They'd just sweep out/hose out the bays as necessary. I asked the RO what people had brought in. He said watermelons were popular, occasionally personal computers...but the one everyone remembered was the woman who brought in several boxes of her soon-to-be-ex-husbands bowling trophies. She lined them up, and reduced them to small shards of plastic, wood, and marble.

• Like 1

Many years ago I went to a range called the Bullet Stop, outside of Atlanta. It had the most impressive rental wall of FA firearms I've ever seen, and they also let people bring in anything they wanted as targets. They'd just sweep out/hose out the bays as necessary. I asked the RO what people had brought in. He said watermelons were popular, occasionally personal computers...but the one everyone remembered was the woman who brought in several boxes of her soon-to-be-ex-husbands bowling trophies. She lined them up, and reduced them to small shards of plastic, wood, and marble.

lws6jpe.jpg

5VeloXI.jpg

kfcw4Ct.jpg

PSL-54C

I recognized the ammo as 7.62X54R but was not aware that there was an AK variant that used that round! Romanian manufacture based on the X pattern

on the magazine. Wow, sold for around $500 new at AIM Surplus five years ago, now $2,000 and up!

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1CPSL