DirtyHalfBreedModerate

LE Training ammunition

Is still this round still as lethal as actual ammunition (If not more so)?

It depends.  Not all OTMs are hollow points in the sense of handgun hollow point projectiles.  OTMs are easier to consistently manufacture and when it comes to precision, consistency is king.  Some OTMs like the Hornady T2 bullet will behave like a traditional hollow point upon impact while others like their BTHP do not.

The military is actually currently using OTM rounds, in addition to M855A1.  MK 262 Mod 1 (77gr Sierra Matchking) for the MK12 SPR and MK 318 Mod 0 (62gr OTM Rear Penetrator) for M4's

Yep, OTMs can be used legally without violating the Hague Conventions because the primary purpose isn't to inflict additional damage but rather for increased accuracy. 

Sierra Match Kings are OTM.

I have spoken to Sierra about this and any potential expansion and they told me they punch through just like a FMJ or Solid.

Do not use for game and don't expect a massive wound channel.

Yep, this is/was frustrating for LE until the AMAX came around and offered both excellent external ballistics and terminal ballistics.

Sierra Match Kings are OTM.

I have spoken to Sierra about this and any potential expansion and they told me they punch through just like a FMJ or Solid.

Do not use for game and don't expect a massive wound channel.

I dunno - looks pretty good to me:

OK Nick so I watched the videos. What's your take?

I told you what Sierra said about the SMK.

I won't use it for game as I have better options.

I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a defense round.  For hunting I would use something else like Hornady GMX - Copper Solid that doesn't fragment. 

OTM, fancy way to describe hollow point match. NJ legal, yes. Purple?, let Ataimwolswol know, he's a purple fan-boy.

BTW, not the first time it has shown up on their site

Damn someone should have pmed me about this.... ordering some

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

• Like 1

When I build my new lower I'm going to probably get the whole thing cerakoted some kind of battle worn purple/grey.

Still trying to find a decent set of the pink magpul furniture too

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Are the casings painted purple? Wonder how they did that, and if theyll stain the chambers purple lol

From the product description:

"Produced as training ammunition for a major US Federal law enforcement agency, the unique purple brass shellcasing provides immediate visual reference for range officers. The brass casing on this ammo features a special treatment rendering it purple. Completely reloadable and function exactly as standard brass casings."

So it should be fine.