Sign in to follow this  
bdhszy1

looking for a lawyer

It is a problem with a FID card and as of now I think a simple letter from a lawyer will resolve it. If it does get complicated Nappen will be contacted, but as of now, a local firearm lawyer will have to do. This is not my problem but a relatives and money is tight.

Sorry for being vague about this, but this is a public forum and I do not want to put out too much information as of now. We spoke to a lawyer 2 weeks ago and he said a phone call or an e-mail by us should resolve the problem, but calls and e-mails are not being returned.  A letter from a lawyer would carry more weight in getting an answer so we can go on to  the next step. In my first post I did ask if anyone knew a firearm friendly lawyer in the Somerville area. I know of Nappen's reputation, but you don't need F Lee Bailey for a simple will or a cannon to take care of a chipmunk.

And I do know that F Lee Bailey is dead.

I don't have any experience with him, but the ANJRPC newsletter lists this attorney as practicing firearms law.

The listing is in one of their masthead columns and not in the ad space of the newsletter.:

Edward J. Zohn

(908) 791-0312

He's in Warren and serves the Somerville area. His website (zohnlaw.com) says "Edward represents gun owners with forfeitures, permit appeals, and all related subjects."

Try Frank Pisano. He is in Montville but if all you need is a letter and brief counsel then he is more then capable. I have worked with him and have had great results. This was after a couple well know firearms attorneys could not help me out.

http://fpisano.com/

Thanks grumpyoldretiree, I went to see Mr Zorn today, and although not out of the woods yet there has been a huge step forward. A typo on the rejection letter made it seem he was being refused a FID because of a restraining order against him. That was not the case, a far easier problem exists that should be easier to correct. Hoping it will be on the lower side of the cost that he quoted me.

Thanks grumpyoldretiree, I went to see Mr Zorn today, and although not out of the woods yet there has been a huge step forward. A typo on the rejection letter made it seem he was being refused a FID because of a restraining order against him. That was not the case, a far easier problem exists that should be easier to correct. Hoping it will be on the lower side of the cost that he quoted me.

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped. When your ordeal is over, I'd appreciate if you posted your impressions on how Mr. Zohn handled the issue. Nothing case specific, but just whether or not you would use him again.

After all, none of us here knows if/when we might need a firearms attorney.