Sign in to follow this  
Newtonian

which forms?

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but in addition to the mental health consent form and application for handgun purchase what other form do I need to buy a handgun? I remember a salmon-colored form as well... Thanks!

Local PD will give you the correct ORI # you need.

I believe this is where you go for this stuff. There is a different link on my local PD page that doesn't seem to work any longer. I'm looking at the page at the link below and I'm not so sure thats it.

I am about to submit some permits so I have to figure that out.

http://www.njsp.org/criminal-history-records/

This is the link that isn't working at the moment. Maybe its just down for maintenance.

http://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

Over 3000 posts for the OP and he doesn't know what is needed to buy a handgun? I find that extremely odd. [emoji33]

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

That's what happens when you get old and senile... i believe it starts at about the age of 45  :yes:

It could also just be the ridiculous laws here, or the fact that this poor gentleman hasn't had the chance to buy a handgun in a while.

I Just had to fill out like two forms; one consent form and one typical application, same as initial fid, pay the 4$ for 2 permits, and they took it all. Could be because i got my fid and everything done in the last year, though. Easier than i expected.

That's what happens when you get old and senile... i believe it starts at about the age of 45  :yes:

It could also just be the ridiculous laws here, or the fact that this poor gentleman hasn't had the chance to buy a handgun in a while.

I Just had to fill out like two forms; one consent form and one typical application, same as initial fid, pay the 4$ for 2 permits, and they took it all. Could be because i got my fid and everything done in the last year, though. Easier than i expected.

Wait a second… are you saying you didn't have to pay $20 to process form 212A ?

Over 3000 posts for the OP and he doesn't know what is needed to buy a handgun? I find that extremely odd. [emoji33]

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Yes I'm a troll, a spy, an anti, a traitor. Yeah, a traitor. A ball-less, hairy legged lesbian tranny traitor. Before the operation I was Monica Lewinsky. I want to ban your guns. I'm voting for Hillary. I love Obama. I work for Al Gore. I'm in the KGB. You caught me red-handed. 

Yes I'm a troll, a spy, an anti, a traitor. Yeah, a traitor. A ball-less, hairy legged lesbian tranny traitor. Before the operation I was Monica Lewinsky. I want to ban your guns. I'm voting for Hillary. I love Obama. I work for Al Gore. I'm in the KGB. You caught me red-handed. 

sounds hot ...got a pic?...still have "the dress"? :zzthiwwop:  lol

• Like 1

Can someone who's recently done this list specifically which forms to fill out? There's also at least one check made out to some cryptic agency, I believe for each gun to be purchased. Please be explicit. Yes I've applied 4-5 times but I always seem to forget something. Thanks in advance.

there is no more money order to do, it is now online $20 your pd will give you a code to the nj criminal history portal.

FPID, Handgun Permits, Change of Address Application- http://www.njsp.org/firearms/pdf/sts-033.pdf

Mental Health- http://www.njsp.org/firearms/pdf/sp-066.pdf

Online Portal for Form 212A Criminal History- https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

$2 cash for each pistol permit

First of all, is the agency you apply for your permits the Town of Newton, NJSP, or another local agency? Believe it or not each have their own way of doing things. 

If Newton start at paragraph four.

http://www.newtonpolice.org/firearms.php

If NJSP then posibly Augusta is you filing location.

NJSP Form STS-33, Application for Handgun Permit

NJSP Form SP-66    Mental Health Records Form

these will be filed at the station along with a copy of your FID, DL, and Birth Certificate, or Passport or Nat Papers. Also, a Check payable to NJ Division of State Police for $2 for each permit requested.  This is what my local barracks require.  They do not make you get printed again if you already have an ID card.

Online criminal records check   http;//njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/  Select form 212A .  You will have to contact the station for the "ORI" number to complete the online request before hand.  

Can someone who's recently done this list specifically which forms to fill out? There's also at least one check made out to some cryptic agency, I believe for each gun to be purchased. Please be explicit. Yes I've applied 4-5 times but I always seem to forget something. Thanks in advance.

Have you caught your limit, yet?

Thanks T Bill. So it has changed since I last applied. I recall being able to download everything. 

The Sgt. -- the only officer in Newton -- who handles these applications is out on vacation until next week. I'll have to wait. 

You can download and print the application and mental health record from the state police web site.

Yes but not the criminal background check. Didn't there used to be a yellowish or salmon-colored form as well? 

I've downloaded everything I can for the time being.

I posted all the links etc above, guess Angelo has me blocked like a triggered liberal and hides in his safe place.

I didn't see your post for some reason, Oggie, so belated thanks. Now leave me alone so I can go shave my legs while enjoying a warm latte' as I read the fashion section of the NY Times. I've hired some nice strong guys to turn my attic into a combination dance studio/safe space. 

• Like 1

When you're filling out the 212a online and catch yourself saying "wtf is an sbi number?" that's your FID number.

I read that it's an identifier from the requesting agency, namely my police dept. I was told I could not complete the form myself.

Not all PD's use the electronic 212a. Mine just started using it in August. I know of 2 other local PD's that still haven't made the switch. If they didn't tell you to go online you should be fine JohnnyB.

I guess my PD does. Just received the paperwork back. I have to use their number for 212a. Why they couldn't tell me that over the phone I'll never know. Also no check yet, and it appears no check to the state police, just the $6 for the three permits when the time comes. No yellow or salmon colored form either.

See ya old crabby bastit it has changed substantially since whenever it was I last bought a handgun. 

These will be my last handguns! :) I think. No new calibers, just different styles of what I already have. 

I read that it's an identifier from the requesting agency, namely my police dept. I was told I could not complete the form myself.

An SBI number is the same thing that a prisoner is assigned when they go to jail. Pretty scary huh?

As we said no more checks you will pay on line for the 212a $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I swear that last time I had to sign some sort of pink or yellow form; not this time. I also had to include a check for like $20-30 to some 4- or 5- letter organization, the SPBPA or something. I wasn't asked to do any of that, and the online form is totally new to me.